X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round Peg, Square Hole
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

It's not a biggie, in my opinion. I wonder if Forrest ever thought of himself as Scrooge McDuck. Okay, I'm done wondering that.
    Last seen down the meat row of Walmart, sporting an expensive headdress.

Leave a comment:

• Old Pilot
    replied
    Originally posted by Round Peg, Square Hole View Post

I wouldn't lose your head over it, duck(s) are a global thing.
    It's not a biggie, in my opinion. I wonder if Forrest ever thought of himself as Scrooge McDuck. Okay, I'm done wondering that.

Leave a comment:

• Sherif Billy
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Pilot

I believe you ARE tired.
    No -- the ducks were all swimming. But the little flat rock I found was denser than water. I plan to keep that rock as a souvenir.
    I think you're a pretty good artist, and I'm glad you are alive. I hope you stay healthy for at least a few more years.
    Best regards to you and your family.
    OP- Are you feeling OK? You never answer my questions and generally tend to ignore me.
    ...and then to top it off, you complement me. If I were you, I would immediately take my pulse to see if I was alive. Presuming you are, I would schedule a check up with your physician for a complete physical. Something is wrong....I just know it, ........ the place wouldn't be the same without you.

Anyway thanks for your complements;
    Your friend,
    1f Billy
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0826.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	446.1 KB
ID:	453996 Billy with his deputy on the hunt
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• whiskynovember
    replied
    I miss Lars. Lars! Lars! Come back Lars!

Leave a comment:

• Sherif Billy
    replied

I have so much respect for these folks that I never wear a hat.
    Is there any thing else, (of commonly used attire), that you don't wear that you want to tell us?
    1f Billy

Leave a comment:

• Yellerstain
    replied

This does not compute. The people may be gone, but the walls, etc. aren't.
    Yes OPie, it does. Those walls you mention are virtually gone but it’s the history that remains. The train stop at Osier will remain in history regardless of its operation. There are other historic railways in Colorado and around the country that have been gone or abandoned for many years but many are remembered in history. Some are converted to bicycle paths and many old right-of-ways are hiked by rail buffs each year. An example is the “Chili Line” branch of the old D&RGRR that ran between Santa Fe and Antonito and was abandoned in 1948. I drove the hiway in June 2020 and I could see an old water tank and sections of the rail bed from the road.
    So yes, the geographic location that today is the train Halt at Osier will be there into perpetuity baring some catastrophic change to the area. But even in that event, it will remain alive in the history books. But I suspect you already knew that. Who are you trying to fool… and why?

Leave a comment:

• Fullpress
    replied
    Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post

I like the idea of it! Not the location but the idea.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Yeah, I'm not certain on how to place/size it. This is sized off 10 below HOB radius(as in build a pirate map. With wwwh, pibhob, npfm, hob. Location isn't relevant this is the blaze you are trying to found and then marry to a map). A placement that seemed to have some correlation with poem and 9mh. I still think it uses 1/6/7/12 section boundaries via weak = flagging.
    Last edited by Fullpress; 02-23-2022, 04:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wwwamericana
    replied
    Originally posted by Fullpress View Post
    Click image for larger version Name:	blaze3.png Views:	0 Size:	4.72 MB ID:	387242Clearly you adjust Skippys position like so.. Hebgen Lake/Madison Arm - Below dryad lake - electric peak.
    I like the idea of it! Not the location but the idea.
    Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Fullpress
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	blaze3.png Views:	0 Size:	4.72 MB ID:	387242Clearly you adjust Skippys position like so.. Hebgen Lake/Madison Arm - Below dryad lake - electric peak.

Leave a comment:

• Yellerstain
    replied
    Originally posted by DanNun
    There are so many know it alls here. My hats off to you all for sticking with it.
    So, which are you, the pot or the kettle?

Leave a comment:

• Space Hopper
    replied
    Originally posted by Knight
    Since Forrest writes so often about his bathroom and shower it occurs to me that warm water ends where his grout fungus begins.
    His crack?

Leave a comment:

• Sherif Billy
    replied

I saw some ducks in water high near heavy loads, near the location of the spot that my solve led me to. Every time I see the mention of ducks posted, I think I'm being teased by someone "in the know" about the correct solve. Well, maybe not 100% "in the know", but enough to know that duck(s) as a subject for consideration could help solve the poem. As always, all part of my opinion.
    Op- Good one ..Tired.
    Say, when you saw those ducks, were any of them diving?
    Now don't duck answering my question. Thank you in advance for your answer.
    I have lots of questions. Lots more.
    1f Billy

Leave a comment:

• Sarah Seedling
    replied
    Originally posted by Yellerstain View Post

Lars, you are exactly right. The San Lazaro Pueblo has been “gone” for a few hundred years yet it’s still there.
    Abracadabra

Leave a comment:

• Yellerstain
    replied
    Originally posted by larsonist View Post

Here's something to focus on old pilot----how old are you?
    We might need a new one pretty soon----a young pilot, a young pilot for the new millennium.
    Please start sending out some want ads.

As for a thousand-year-old treasure poem---hell no. It'll be forgotten in the bleak future of pandemics and climate change disasters.

And here's a reasonable rational ending for the C&TS steam train.
    It may end for financial reasons, although there are lots of profitable steam train operations all across the country.
    But even if the company is dismantled and the track and the rails removed. its path through the mountains, chiseled out with sledge hammers, pick axes, and dynamite, will remain visible and usable for a very long time. Heck, future hikers and explorers will seek out the "Toltec Trail" for a 62-mile challenge through New Mexico & Colorado.
    They'll point out the treasure site as they pass through Osier and put in below the home of Brown.
    Lars, you are exactly right. The San Lazaro Pueblo has been “gone” for a few hundred years yet it’s still there.

Leave a comment:

• Not4but242Walk
    replied
    Right next to heavy loads, where it's expected to remain for many centuries to come.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20220223_055005.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	387120

Leave a comment:

Working...
X