Scrapbook 126 revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrapbook 126 revisited

Sorry that I am not participating so much in the conspiracy theories. Please allow me to return to the core of this blog: finding a solution for the poem.

For me this still one of the most important scrapbooks, even if the photoshopping was realised by Dal, I still believe, Forrest gave the instructions for the picture. What do we see?
    - at the left in the lake: a bear….Could this refer to a Bear River flowing through the general area?
    - a stone in the foreground. This is a gatestone (the original picture of the stone was taken in the UK). Could refer the a general area situated near borders (between states)?
    - at the top left we see a typical mountain that is called a butte. (With a flat top….like a hat)
    - above Forrest’s head we see a hat (Mildew) floating in the air as like it was pushed upwards by steam…Could this be referring to steam as WWWH?
    - a hat like this one has also the form of a butte. And we see a (bullet?) hole in the hat. Is that hole referring to the target of our search, the finding spot? If yes, we see that this spot should be below the top of the butte mountain, but higher than a barbed wire, (below the target hole in the hat). So could this mean that one should meet a barbed wire during his search path to the top?
    - in TTOTC Forrest talked about a dumb (barbed) wire? Could this refer to a dump or landfill surrounded by a barbed wire?
    - I know very few people have confidence in my solution, but I can imagine that other search areas can also comply with those ideas.

Click image for larger version  Name:	12DAB272-E4EF-4467-A794-B828DCCDF231.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	442.3 KB ID:	324894

Attached Files
    Last edited by jan_v60; 08-07-2021, 11:53 AM.

I can't wait for the day when the solution comes out and everyone will be able to compare what they did to what Forrest did.
    The day all the searchers will see a little or a lot of their own solution in Forrest's.
    The many with a deep knowledge of everything Forrest Fenn will be able to find all the connections and hints he tried to give.
    This will be a great day in the chase world.

Comment

jan_v60 Yes, I have always thought that you have to go over a barbed wire fence to get to the hidey spot after Forrest talked about climbing over the barbed wire in the book.
      Then this scrapbook confirmed it for me. I haven’t come across barbed wire in my search areas yet. When Jack was asked about encountering a fence he said no but then did Jack really know the solve?

Comment

Forrest also used the word dumb a lot. I never thought of dump, but could be. I always thought it could be dum spelled backwards ... mud.

Comment

Maybe the bear in the water could mean Smokey the Bear.....meaning FIRE as in FIRE signifying IN THE NAME of the body of water. And the HOLE in the hat another clue to that. It does not fit with my solve (my solve is not near the Firehole River) but this particular picture could be combination of clues to a particular area.

Comment

Is it my imagination or are the clouds possibly photoshopped also? It almost looks like an arrow or the letter i and t. Can't really tell.

Comment

For this picture Dal used a mirrored photo of Stella Lake with Wheeler peak in the background. Here is the original picture:

Click image for larger version

Name:	69A9C3F1-15DD-49BB-A22D-986DC32D92C0.jpeg
Views:	931
Size:	875.4 KB
ID:	325079

Comment

Originally posted by jan_v60 View Post
                For this picture Dal used a mirrored photo of Stella Lake with Wheeler peak in the background. Here is the original picture:

Click image for larger version  Name:	69A9C3F1-15DD-49BB-A22D-986DC32D92C0.jpeg Views:	72 Size:	875.4 KB ID:	325079
                Obviously the hint is a reflection of a grizzly peaking out of a lake while performing a crippler. Thats an inverted frontside 540. You can see the inverted grizzly peak at Sylvan lake.

Click image for larger version  Name:	sylvanlake.jpg Views:	10 Size:	14.5 KB ID:	325120
                If you were standing there you might even see yourself brave and in the wood.
                Last edited by Fullpress; 08-07-2021, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Sorry that I am not participating so much in the conspiracy theories. Please allow me to return to the core of this blog: finding a solution for the poem.

For me this still one of the most important scrapbooks, even if the photoshopping was realised by Dal, I still believe, Forrest gave the instructions for the picture. What do we see?
                  - at the left in the lake: a bear….Could this refer to a Bear River flowing through the general area?
                  - a stone in the foreground. This is a gatestone (the original picture of the stone was taken in the UK). Could refer the a general area situated near borders (between states)?
                  - at the top left we see a typical mountain that is called a butte. (With a flat top….like a hat)
                  - above Forrest’s head we see a hat (Mildew) floating in the air as like it was pushed upwards by steam…Could this be referring to steam as WWWH?
                  - a hat like this one has also the form of a butte. And we see a (bullet?) hole in the hat. Is that hole referring to the target of our search, the finding spot? If yes, we see that this spot should be below the top of the butte mountain, but higher than a barbed wire, (below the target hole in the hat). So could this mean that one should meet a barbed wire during his search path to the top?
                  - in TTOTC Forrest talked about a dumb (barbed) wire? Could this refer to a dump or landfill surrounded by a barbed wire?
                  - I know very few people have confidence in my solution, but I can imagine that other search areas can also comply with those ideas.

Click image for larger version Name:	12DAB272-E4EF-4467-A794-B828DCCDF231.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	442.3 KB ID:	324894

Bear and Beaver have the same etymology origins. They were BOTH referred to as Brown. This bear is swimming and resembles a beaver.
                  I believe Forrest was hinting at the HOB and the actual site. Mapping it out.

Comment

I say you most likely go under the wire rather than over it....

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	12DAB272-E4EF-4467-A794-B828DCCDF231.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	442.3 KB ID:	324894

There is a bear trailing him. Look up Bear Trail, Wyoming and you will see Bear trail runs up Brown Mountain.
                      A good forger attempts to deceive the naked human eye.
                      It's part of the challenge in the game he plays.

Deceiving science when it is done thru guidelines and in expert hands is however, practically impossible!"

Comment

I'm sure we all have our "I sent Forrest this email" before he posted something. In this case, about a month before this scrapbook, I had sent him an email about my adventure to the Big Bear Lake YMCA camp (that is in the San Gabriel Mtns in Los Angeles). The point of the email was my trip was cut short because of a forest fire and the camp was damaged. He replied to that email.
                        I then asked him if he and Skippy had ever went to a YMCA camp, specifically the old YMCA camp at Red Feather lakes in Colorado that was converted to an Indian retreat (Stupa I believe is the term for the building there). .He didn't reply to that question.
                        I didn't think his non-reply was a clue because he didn't reply to many of my questions. But this scrapbook did appear a month later. I believe the hat covers a mtn in Neveda near a place called Great Basin. But I can't remember the mountain name. Anyway, I get nothing from the scrapbook, but I am adding this in case it would make sense to someone. Most likely it's a coincidence. He may have received 1000 more emails about Bears in that same time frame.
                        The bear looks like a submarine to me. So under-bear, sub-bear, bear-sub, Nothing makes sense. A polar bear is called a Sea Bear. A fur seal is also called a sea bear.
                        One thing that is true, he did like to answer me when I talked about Bears and my scrapbook story about whether Grizzes can climb rocks was posted by Dal (maybe #68 or #69).

Comment

Could the bear in the water refer to Grizzly Lake?

Comment

We all have our own cross to bear

Comment

Originally posted by DanNun

Have you ever looked up the idiom for “the elephant in the room?”

Here…

”The expression "the elephant in the room (or "the elephant in the living room")[1][2] is a metaphorical idiom in English for an important or enormous topic, question, or controversial issue that is obvious or that everyone knows about but no one mentions or wants to discussbecause it makes at least some of them uncomfortable and is personally, socially, or politically embarrassing, controversial, inflammatory, or dangerous.”

“In 1814, Ivan Krylov (1769–1844), poet and fabulist, wrote a fable entitled "The Inquisitive Man", which tells of a man who goes to a museum and notices all sorts of tiny things, but fails to notice an elephant.”

Forrest is playing with your natural instinct to overlook something big by giving you notice of the smaller objects in the photo.

And where is your elephant in this picture?

Comment

Working...
                              X