Private?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private?

So you have the TC, so sake of discussion. If you wanted to remain private, how would you sell it? Many items are unique. How do you remain anonymous? I also feel compelled to tell the community for safety sake. How would you do it?

AGK/Toby did an excellent video on that.

Comment

Why sell it? If you want to remain private, you could donate it to a museum, or stash it in your basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Joellewicki View Post
        Why sell it? If you want to remain private, you could donate it to a museum, or stash it in your basement.
        You don't do anything until you talk to a good lawyer is my take knowing f. If he invested it on 8/22/1980, He would have had 40 good years of investment return. He probably stashed it under a lawyer..somewhere

Comment

It's a tool, used to stand on the shoulders of a giant.

Comment

I watched a good program on some prominent stamp collectors, one fella who bought the most valuable stamp in the world did so mostly so it could be put on public display for all to enjoy.

Comment

If you find it you do as Fenn says 30 days under bed. I am one who believes instructions are contained in the box. That said there are ways to communicate to Forrest anonymously with proof of find. Probably for arguments sake you don't use any prior method and even use some tradecraft.

Comment

If you keep it private, you have to somehow show anonymous video proof, that would call off all the searchers. If not, you would feel responsible for any accidents or worse every time they happened.

Comment

Keeping private and you forego what I think would be huge accolades to save a relatively small amount of taxes and smaller court claim risks. Going public you come out with 65% of the income/35% taxes on average and probably quite a few job offers in the 6-figure range.
                  Questing song:
                  The Beatles "I'll Be Back"
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K9Ij6VmOD4

Comment

You could hire me.

I'm negotiable so there are several options to choose from including these two:

1) I'm your patsy. You pay all taxes, fees, and fines incurred, and my fee we agree upon, and I say I found it, and you keep all other outstanding proceeds.

2) I'm your spokesperson. You pay all taxes, fees, and fines incurred, and my fee we agree upon, and I do the talking/lying as the "The Official Spokesperson of the Finder."

Comment

You don't need to show video proof there are other ways. Lurker I like your thoughts but if you were a lawyer identities could be protected by the Attorney Client privilege. Since I am I will make the same offer to anyone who finds it...a simple blind trust prevents the masses from ever knowing who it is. I highly recommend a blind a blind trust with counsel of your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by atticusfinch315 View Post
                        You don't need to show video proof there are other ways. Lurker I like your thoughts but if you were a lawyer identities could be protected by the Attorney Client privilege. Since I am I will make the same offer to anyone who finds it...a simple blind trust prevents the masses from ever knowing who it is. I highly recommend a blind a blind trust with counsel of your choice.
                        If I find it you will know it was me because I'll be working to milk those 15 minutes of fame for what I can squeeze out of them. However, now you won't really know if I found it or if I'm just working as a proxy for the real Finder?

You could hire an attorney to contact me to contract with me and then I would never know the identity of the Finder, just the lawyer that hired me on behalf of the Finder. I actually would prefer that kind of arrangement then if the Finder's identity ever leaked out, the Finder would know it wasn't me that leaked because I didn't ever know who they were in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerMike View Post

If I find it you will know it was me because I'll be working to milk those 15 minutes of fame for what I can squeeze out of them. However, now you won't really know if I found it or if I'm just working as a proxy for the real Finder?

You could hire an attorney to contact me to contract with me and then I would never know the identity of the Finder, just the lawyer that hired me on behalf of the Finder. I actually would prefer that kind of arrangement then if the Finder's identity ever leaked out, the Finder would know it wasn't me that leaked because I didn't ever know who they were in the first place.
                          Contact you to contact me...It could all be a great big pyramid scheme ending with you Lurker! I will consider it!

Comment

Originally posted by rapala67 View Post
                            I watched a good program on some prominent stamp collectors, one fella who bought the most valuable stamp in the world did so mostly so it could be put on public display for all to enjoy.
                            This fella was probably wealthy at the time. I doubt that the finder of the TC (should it ever happen) will, at the time, be wealthy; it will be important to profit from the effort/expense.

Comment

Originally posted by Roo$ter View Post
                              If you keep it private, you have to somehow show anonymous video proof, that would call off all the searchers. If not, you would feel responsible for any accidents or worse every time they happened.
                              A weak/unfair assumption that is, in my opinion. Oh, I forgot that you read minds. You should read FF's mind to find the trove.

Comment

Working...
                              X