• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forrest's sarcastic account of hiding the treasure

Subject: Re: Forrest fishing in Alaska
    Date: September 4, 2012 at 6:26:54 PM PDT
    To: all

I was in a rush for fear of changing my mind. When I slammed the lid shut I heard a crash. It was my glasses and couldn’t read my GPS to get back get my paddles so I could row across the creek. It was too far to walk but the Royal Canadian Mounted Police helped me get back to my car. Mr. Meek was standing there with a bucket of brown paint that had found a home near where a building was burning. The firemen saw the blaze and squirted water in the wood and to put it out, the fire I mean. But the warm water halted when it hit the ground. Mr. Marvel Gaze saw something shiny in a tree and he could barely reach it because the water was getting high and running the canyon down. But everything was alright because I got my bracelet back. f

Thanks to Dal, here's a much clearer image of the chest's "early arrangement":

Click image for larger version

Name:	Treasure_Early_Arrangement2.jpg
Views:	782
Size:	857.3 KB
ID:	319483

Comment

First time I've saw this, where did it come from ?
      Finding Jessica

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
        First time I've saw this, where did it come from ?
        It's part of a private email exchange among Forrest, Dal, Gadi, Margie, Denny and Chip (the latter possibly Forrest's cousin who lives up near West Yellowstone?) Dal just put it up today on his blog:

https://dalneitzelblog.wordpress.com.../#comment-1337

Comment

Thanks
          Finding Jessica

Comment

What time does the Hunter read? The one with the paddle key attached. Looking for a straight answer, no winding me up...

Comment

On Sep 4, 2012, at 6:24 PM, Forrest Fenn wrote:

A couple of weeks ago someone figured the first two clues right and got the third one accidentally. But that is as close as they got. Whew.
              The guy from England is coming to look. Wouldn’t it be terrible if he found it? f

Comment

Originally posted by Max23 View Post

A couple of weeks ago someone figured the first two clues right and got the third one accidentally. But that is as close as they got. Whew.
                The guy from England is coming to look. Wouldn’t it be terrible if he found it? f
                Hi @Max23: that line jumped out at me, too! That's the first time I've ever seen Forrest address the 3rd clue, let alone that someone had figured it out accidentally. And that wasn't even two years into the Chase!

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                  Thanks to Dal, here's a much clearer image of the chest's "early arrangement":

Name:	Treasure_Early_Arrangement2.jpg
Views:	782
Size:	857.3 KB
ID:	319483
                  And what was left:

Name:	fenn-16.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	319497

Comment

The April 1st, (April fools day) 1887 metadata has been stripped off of the early arrangement image. Hmm? You can also see the 1000 dollar bill on the right side when lightened up. It is still visible like it is though.
                    A good forger attempts to deceive the naked human eye.
                    It's part of the challenge in the game he plays.

Deceiving science when it is done thru guidelines and in expert hands is however, practically impossible!"

Comment

Originally posted by Max23 View Post

Not near as many people were searching in 2012 as there were in later years. So if some of those early Wyoming searchers would come forward, maybe the final spot could be narrowed down.

Comment

That first pic of the chest is mighty purdy!
                        Slim pickens in the second one.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post

Hi @Max23: that line jumped out at me, too! That's the first time I've ever seen Forrest address the 3rd clue, let alone that someone had figured it out accidentally. And that wasn't even two years into the Chase!
                          Yes, and the exact timeline, if true, of whoever figured out the first two clues and the third accidentally was searching mid-August 2012. Is that searcher still around?

Can we compile a list of searchers who were out botg sometime in August 2012 and told Forrest by phone or email? Must have evidence of that email sent. Come on, lets get this done and over with...

Comment

IMHO The chest depicted here of the found chest does not match the chest on the ground as provided by Forrest. Look for differences.

Comment

Originally posted by OH!! View Post
                              The April 1st, (April fools day) 1887 metadata has been stripped off of the early arrangement image. Hmm? You can also see the 1000 dollar bill on the right side when lightened up. It is still visible like it is though.
                              Is that the document holder where the attorney's instructions were?

Name:	Screenshot 2021-07-25 184149.jpg
Views:	659
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	319521

Comment

Working...
                              X