The strange photo of Forrest standing beside his old wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The strange photo of Forrest standing beside his old wagon

I think this has been mentioned already, but I haven't seen it lately . . . in that photo, there appears to be, in the background, an elephant.
    Without debating whether this was "photoshopped in", or whether the elephant was actually photographed at the same time and place as the rest of the scene
    (i.e., Forrest and the old wagon), it appears that including the elephant was deliberate. Why would this be done? If it was intended as a hint regarding solving
    the poem, what is the hint's meaning?

Not sure on an elephant, but the wagon box was certainly a hint.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagon_Box_Fight

Comment

After mulling over a variety of options - from the elephant in the room, to the elephant test, etc, - I've come to think it refers to "seeing the elephant" which is an Americanism which refers to gaining experience of the world at a significant cost.

From Wikipedia:
      It was a popular expression of the mid to late 19th century throughout the United States in the Mexican–American War, the Texan Santa Fe Expedition, the American Civil War, the 1849 Gold Rush, and the Westward Expansion Trails (Oregon Trail, California Trail, Mormon Trail).

During the 20th century the phrase faded from popularity but when historians started taking note of its recurrence in historical newspapers, journals, and literature they often summed the elephant up too quickly and categorized it as a negative experience. Desolation and sadness may have been one trait of "seeing the elephant", but it was certainly not the only or even the most prevalent. More often, American pioneers of the Overland Trails talk of the excitement and anticipation of heading west to see the elephant. Elephant "sightings" often begin with excitement and high ideals only to be disappointing or disenchanting. The high excitement followed by the low frustrations are what epitomize the elephant as something most wanted to "see" but few would have wanted to "see" again.

The rest of the entry is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seeing_the_elephant
      To be right for someone, you have to be willing to be wrong for someone else.

Comment

Don't get distracted by the ants, right?
        Maybe you have to think like an elephant at the final spot. Or have a memory like one. Did Forrest have a SB on peanuts? There was the ants circling the tree. Remember that, that's why you drive on right side in America, but Left side in London. Both in the Northern Hemisphere. Trickster.

Comment

That elephant could relate to the blaze in a couple of ways. First, I like the idea of "the elephant in the room," regarding the blaze, and how it was possibly always there, but nobody acknowledged it. Secondly, the elephant could serve the same function as the people/things in the stories about the biddies, Tea with Olga, etc. Essentially, people/things mentioned in the books functionally hinting at the location of the blaze via their ties to physical landmarks on a map.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
            I think this has been mentioned already, but I haven't seen it lately . . . in that photo, there appears to be, in the background, an elephant.
            Without debating whether this was "photoshopped in", or whether the elephant was actually photographed at the same time and place as the rest of the scene
            (i.e., Forrest and the old wagon), it appears that including the elephant was deliberate. Why would this be done? If it was intended as a hint regarding solving
            I often see two hints in many, and I think almost all, things of note.
            In this case, I see it as "the elephant in the room" as well as "seeing the elephant."
            The first is more direct to the Chase. This is the one that searchers want for the treasure.
            And the second is about the experience of the Chase first, and then tied to the Chase as another hint, once you recognize the meaning. This one comes naturally, but it's more difficult to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
              Here is the elephant. It is an obvious photoshop because the elephant ear is in front of the tree, when the elephant is about 50 feet behind the tree.
              If I did that, I would have a job any longer. I think it was a geological feature clue.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	TFTW-elephant (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.29 MB ID:	318635

Click image for larger version  Name:	630041.jpg Views:	1 Size:	186.0 KB ID:	318633
              Last edited by OH!!; 07-23-2021, 05:35 PM.
              A good forger attempts to deceive the naked human eye.
              It's part of the challenge in the game he plays.

Deceiving science when it is done thru guidelines and in expert hands is however, practically impossible!"

Comment

Originally posted by Todd
                I can’t prove it but you have ruined me. Too bad since we could have made a team. Kohl brothers.
                Todd-
                You need to seek professional help right away. You are messed up dude.

The Kohl brothers are DEMOCRATES https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herb_Kohl
                The Koch brothers are REPUBLICANS https://www.google.com/search?{google:acceptedSuggestion}oq=koch+brothers &sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=koch+brothers&safe=active&ssui=on

If you are going to post venom and vinegar.....at least try to get insult the correct group. Geeeeeze Some people.

Comment

Originally posted by OH!! View Post

Here is the elephant. It is an obvious photoshop because the elephant ear is in front of the tree, when the elephant is about 50 feet behind the tree.
                  If I did that, I would have a job any longer. I think it was a geological feature clue.
                  Click image for larger version Name:	TFTW-elephant (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.29 MB ID:	318635

Click image for larger version Name:	630041.jpg Views:	1 Size:	186.0 KB ID:	318633
                  That rock is amazing. Is that in your search area?
                  I do remember where that is, btw. In case that matters to you.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	elephent.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	454.0 KB
ID:	318644

Comment

My belief is that it does in fact refer to "the elephant in the room." that would mean there is a very significant other hint in the picture..))

Comment

Originally posted by OH!! View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	TFTW-elephant (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.29 MB ID:	318635

Click image for larger version Name:	630041.jpg Views:	1 Size:	186.0 KB ID:	318633
                        One reason that this photo may refer to the blaze is because a blaze is typically a mark on a tree. The elephant’s ear is overlapping the tree, marking it. Thus, a mark on a tree.

Comment

Originally posted by Not4but242Walk View Post
                          Not sure on an elephant, but the wagon box was certainly a hint.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagon_Box_Fight
                          What did that hint suggest to you?

Comment

I will bet 100$ that wagon was made bye studebaker

Comment

Originally posted by Old blue View Post
                              I will bet 100$ that wagon was made bye studebaker
                              OK, what’s up with Studebakers?

Comment

Working...
                              X