Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Didn't Jack Call Forrest?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
    Another theory, Jack was very cautious so he contact Forrest in an abundance of caution. Here is the imagined conversation:

    Jack: “Forrest I found your chest, here is a picture. What should I do next? Do I really need to hand the chest over to the park rangers?

    Forrest: “No! Don’t do that. I have talked to my attorney about this a couple times and there really isn’t a “legal issue” so long as you notify the me the original owner of the property and arrange with the owner to deliver the property to me. So can you simply pick it up and return it to me. I will then gift it to you as a reward for returning it to me. Had I already passed away, yes you would have legally handed it over to the park ranger. That is why I always said “what if there isn’t a legal issue” so long as I am alive that is.

    Jack: “okay, great! It’s too late in the evening so I will pick it up in the morning and head your way.
    I like your portrayal of Jack finding the chest Ozzy...
    I was searching in Yellowstone and I never even considered turning it into the park should I find the chest ... It was always my plan to take it directly to Forrest and bypass the Rangers all together...
    That being said, I still don't believe that Jack is the finder but perhaps he is relaying to us a more or less accurate account of the chest's recovery...
    Consider this... Suppose Forrest sent someone to retrieve the chest.... The retriever is not told the solution but is given a description of it's resting place and perhaps even a set of gps coordinates.... The retriever flies a small plane in to land at the one strip airport in Gardiner and is met by a local guide who lives in Gardiner and works at the park who takes him to the site... Upon arrival they search the area but cannot find the blaze that Forrest had told them to look for.... They return to Gardiner and contact Forrest, believing that he had given them faulty coordinates but he confirms the coordinates and they return the next day, discover the chest and realize that the blaze they had been looking for was damaged and that they had in fact walked right past the chest the previous day!
    If you "tweek" this scenario ever so slightly you could imagine that Forrest had received a correct solve and that the retriever was only going there to verify that the chest was still there... After all, Forrest wouldn't want his solver to go to the site only to find an empty nook.... He had to be certain that the solver was going to end it! When the retriever realized that the blaze was unrecognizable, he notified Forrest and it became a recovery mission.... Forrest knew that he was dying and had to be sure that the chase would be over one way or another....
    Didn't someone say that a small airplane had landed in Gardiner in the days leading up to the retrieval? I remember hearing it somewhere and my mind immediately went to Shiloh.... ?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by pws111 View Post
      So, we know that Jack had Forrest's phone number because he told us he called him in 2018, or 2019. Don't remember the exact date.
      Originally posted by pws111 View Post
      And asking Jack would get nothing but another lie, so what is the point?
      Congratulations, sir! You´ve made the best self-contradictory argument of the day!


      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by PolloHermano View Post



        Congratulations, sir! You´ve made the best self-contradictory argument of the day!

        ^^^^ Post of the week. Honestly, where's the fun in keeping a straight thought?
        Conservatism is the belief that a small subset of the people is protected by the law, but not bound by it, while another, larger group is bound by the law, but is not protected by it.

        ~ Unknown

        Comment


        • #19
          I call them Yellowstoners because they're high on MSD, the popular misdirection drug invented by Forrest Fenn.
          It causes complete suspension of reality, FMS (False Memory Syndrome), and aggressive behavior when confronted by Normals.
          BTW, they have stoner t-shirts and 'meetings.' A website is in the works.


          @AnnaGraham
          All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
          --Arthur Schopenhauer--


          Anna, This seems very appropriate just now. How long will it take for the Yellowstoners to recover?
          Last edited by larsonist; 07-22-2021, 01:13 PM.
          Begin it in the home of Brown where warm waters halt.

          Comment


          • #20
            Many here have convinced themselves or have been convinced by others, Forrest helped Jack.
            Does this somehow make you feel better about not finding the chest ?
            Once again, throw Forrest under the bus because you need to know or pretend you know something.
            Why could the finder not get to that chest, just like the 200-foot searcher did in the first year or two ?
            But this time spend the time beating the bushes and putting in the effort to find the chest.
            We know Forrest seemed a little displeased and did not give out the solve.
            Could it be that jack found the chest, but not the way Forrest wanted people to ?
            So in Forrest mind the solution was something he held dear and was not going to give anything else away.
            A million or two at 90 was one thing, but the key to the puzzle was still out there to be found.
            That was Forrest hard work that he spent years creating and adding layers too.
            But if Forrest told someone where the chest was, everyone can say I would have found it if only Forrest did not pull the chest.
            How can anyone in the chase be wrong, it is all on Forrest, that bad man who gave everyone the same chance.
            Maybe Forrest picked June 6th as the find date because it was in the book.
            In FACT did he not say it was found 1-2 days before that date, when he told the world it was found.
            Then as time went by, people pinned that date as the find date when needed in their solve defense.
            Sooner or later people are going to know who was second to that spot, and if they have no problem with the end you sure don't.
            If it was found with only part of the solve becasue Forrest had so many layers that he opened up a backdoor, so be it.
            I never saw a list of rules on TTOTC DID YOU. Stop attacking Forrest and saying he did something unless you know. Not like your solve know, but know.
            Every time someone says Forrest pulled the chest, you are undermining everything he did for your ego. No matter if you think it is ok or not.
            Mr Fenn worked so hard for so long and created a once in a lifetime chase for all who had the guts, don't take it from him.
            Yes I am team Forrest Fenn as most were before the chest was found what happened to so many so fast.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Sal O'mander View Post

              I like your portrayal of Jack finding the chest Ozzy...
              I was searching in Yellowstone and I never even considered turning it into the park should I find the chest ... It was always my plan to take it directly to Forrest and bypass the Rangers all together...
              That being said, I still don't believe that Jack is the finder but perhaps he is relaying to us a more or less accurate account of the chest's recovery...
              Consider this... Suppose Forrest sent someone to retrieve the chest.... The retriever is not told the solution but is given a description of it's resting place and perhaps even a set of gps coordinates.... The retriever flies a small plane in to land at the one strip airport in Gardiner and is met by a local guide who lives in Gardiner and works at the park who takes him to the site... Upon arrival they search the area but cannot find the blaze that Forrest had told them to look for.... They return to Gardiner and contact Forrest, believing that he had given them faulty coordinates but he confirms the coordinates and they return the next day, discover the chest and realize that the blaze they had been looking for was damaged and that they had in fact walked right past the chest the previous day!
              If you "tweek" this scenario ever so slightly you could imagine that Forrest had received a correct solve and that the retriever was only going there to verify that the chest was still there... After all, Forrest wouldn't want his solver to go to the site only to find an empty nook.... He had to be certain that the solver was going to end it! When the retriever realized that the blaze was unrecognizable, he notified Forrest and it became a recovery mission.... Forrest knew that he was dying and had to be sure that the chase would be over one way or another....
              Didn't someone say that a small airplane had landed in Gardiner in the days leading up to the retrieval? I remember hearing it somewhere and my mind immediately went to Shiloh.... ?
              I can understand your theory. Especially with all of the recent revelations involving emails between Forrest and Dal. And it may end up all being true. In fact, it’s easy for me to imagine there was a plan underway to retrieve the chest by either Forrest or in separate effort by family members. But, I still lean towards Jack as a real searcher since 2018 and I believe fate stepped in and Jack became the spoiler or joker and disrupted the plan to pull it by finding it himself; not only shocking the search community but shocking Forrest as well.

              like so many others I do hope we all know the truth one day.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Ozzy View Post

                I can understand your theory. Especially with all of the recent revelations involving emails between Forrest and Dal. And it may end up all being true. In fact, it’s easy for me to imagine there was a plan underway to retrieve the chest by either Forrest or in separate effort by family members. But, I still lean towards Jack as a real searcher since 2018 and I believe fate stepped in and Jack became the spoiler or joker and disrupted the plan to pull it by finding it himself; not only shocking the search community but shocking Forrest as well.

                like so many others I do hope we all know the truth one day.
                I honestly don't know what to believe anymore...
                But I do know that Jack isn't making any friends... If he is the genuine finder he really "screwed the pooch" on this ending! I'm so fed up with his nonsense at this point that I wouldn't buy the golden frog from him if he offered it to me at below spot price and threw in the olive jar for free!
                He may not owe us the solution.... But he does owe Forrest at least a modicum of gratitude in the form of an untainted legacy.... Didn't he write in the Medium article that it was his responsibility now? The very least he owes the man who went to such great lengths to protect his identity (an effort Jack would ultimately squander!) Is to go to equal lengths to protect that man's memory!!!
                Sorry for the rant.... I'll slither back beneath my rock...

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Sal O'mander View Post

                  I honestly don't know what to believe anymore...
                  But I do know that Jack isn't making any friends... If he is the genuine finder he really "screwed the pooch" on this ending! I'm so fed up with his nonsense at this point that I wouldn't buy the golden frog from him if he offered it to me at below spot price and threw in the olive jar for free!
                  He may not owe us the solution.... But he does owe Forrest at least a modicum of gratitude in the form of an untainted legacy.... Didn't he write in the Medium article that it was his responsibility now? The very least he owes the man who went to such great lengths to protect his identity (an effort Jack would ultimately squander!) Is to go to equal lengths to protect that man's memory!!!
                  Sorry for the rant.... I'll slither back beneath my rock...
                  Solid point.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    If anyone is to blame for the ending- I blame the litigants who are wasting time and money to NOT get answers.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
                      If anyone is to blame for the ending- I blame the litigants who are wasting time and money to NOT get answers.
                      Yup, they sure be stupid.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Mr Eyes View Post

                        Yup, they sure be stupid.
                        100%

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by fflegacy

                          When did Jack meet Forrest in Santa Fe - on June 6, 7, 8 or 9? This date must be on the original photo from the office. But Jack provided a screenshot without metadata. Bravo! With this, he eloquently said: I'm sorry, friends, but I can't give the original photo. Then you will understand that I did not meet with Forrest on June 6-9, 2020 and I lied about everything.
                          Putin made him do it.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by fflegacy

                            The meeting was at the office of Thomas Hnasko. The court may request information from the register of visitors and CCTV footage. Now this is no longer personal information, but a refutation or proof of fraud on a particularly large scale. How many years do they give for fraud in America?
                            Since you choose to not have a sense of humor, exactly what ‘fraud’ are you alleging occurred? That the fact Jack took a basic (and understandable given the 7%) precaution of a screenshot somehow implies that either the chest doesn’t exist, Jack was never there, or F lied on the court documents stating the finder found it fair and square (and the family later confirmed Jack’s identify)? Attorney client privilege will absolutely Not give anyone access to “CCTV footage” (what lawyer even has that or would admit to it? Are you talking about footage from an ATM across the street more than a year old? If so, time to stop watching NCIS).
                            Why are you fighting so hard for the destruction of others? It doesn’t make sense how some people can’t get over the fact that they didn’t find it. So what? Surely there are other things to do with your time than interject jealousy into a court of law? Did you even trek to the Rocky Mountains at all?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by fflegacy

                              I don't see the point in discussing with you, it's like pounding water in a mortar. You are undeniably smart. But you can't calculate actions a few steps ahead.
                              Well at least I know there’s less chance for an explosion.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by fflegacy

                                Everything has its time. I'm in no hurry.
                                Join date June 2021.
                                You're right. There's no hurry. No hurry at all.
                                We bow to your massive search experience.
                                Begin it in the home of Brown where warm waters halt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X