Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This requires a whole separate thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OH!! View Post

If it were me, I would of given out the entire solve right away, along with TV interviews, etc. Not holding anything back. This would of shown that I honestly found it. I would have taken the chest with me and placed it in a security deposit box nearby me. I would have auctioned it off piece by piece to the treasure hunters and made top dollar for each one. Now you couldn't do this, because the mass of the treasure hunters are thoroughly disgusted with the way it ended. I wouldn't have cared about the lawsuits, etc, as it is not my problem. I found it fair and square. This has all gotten so far out of hand that Jack should have came forward and given out the solve. He doesn't care who he hurts. Look at all of the treasure hunters that are left in limbo, with no closure after years and years of searching. Does he only care for the Fenn family and no one else. He could stop all of this by coming clean and telling the solve while being very clear about not destroying the area, like he did with the fake blaze. I don't know all of you treasure hunters, but I do know that if Jack and the Fenn family asked to respect the area, that you all would. This is why Jack is full of shit. He isn't the solver, nor does he know the solve. And he is not the retriever! Jack tells us that if he told us what the fake blaze was that we could find the area. Later he tells us he destroyed the blaze. He destroyed it so it would not be recognizable. So, why the first story? Because he surely doesn't smell like roses!
    And what would you do if those 2 things were mutually exclusive? That is, if giving out the solve would result in you no longer possessing the treasure or being able to do what you want with it. It's very easy for any of us to imagine ourselves in an ideal scenario, where we ingeniously solve the clues and follow them straight to the chest in a non-problematic location and proudly reveal the solution to the other anxiously waiting searchers. But anything short of that, and things get complicated very quickly. Of course Forrest and many others realized this a long time ago - there's a reason the legal issue came up several times during the Chase, and there's a reason Forrest spent "a bunch of money" on a lawyer to look into the legal vagueness (though I don't think he was being 100% truthful on the purpose of the lawyer)

Comment

Can we all just take a step back for minute and look at the events leading up to Karl saying that the Estate's position is that the chest is not included in the inventory. How does this much time go by and those words have never been said? Forrest's attorneys never said it in all of the previous and ongoing lawsuits. It has only been mentioned in the probate of Estate case at Barbara's request. Barb, if you are reading this, can you tell us the events that led up to Karl's/Zoe's statement? You intervened and then what? Did Karl fulfill this request with another motive in mind? Instead of hush money is it a hush statement? Did Karl know about the May 2022 pre-trial date before or after he sent that paper to Barbara? I see it as a kind of settlement but do Karl and Zoe have the right to pick and choose what is part of the Estate? What kind of proof does one have to offer to show proof of ownership to take the liability off of Forrest's estate and on to Jack for example, since that's who owns the chest. Think about it. When settling an estate can you just hide grandma's jewels and say they're not part of her assets last minute or do you have to show some kind of proof of ownership? For the Jack Pack reading this, there's the evidence I've been waiting for, and it doesn't involve the solve or location. Just a piece of paper stating ownership. If the chest doesn't belong to the estate, who does it belong to? Simple question.
      Last edited by Goldilocks; 07-21-2021, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldilocks View Post
        Any intentional, reckless, or negligent hiding of evidence by either party to a proceeding is ILLEGAL.
        "The law is an ass."
        -- George Chapman, 1654

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 9.56.34 AM.png
Views:	872
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	317424

What this means to me is that the chest will remain in limbo until 2022 if in fact the lawsuits have any impact on the sale of the chest. If Jack is in possession of any sort of EVIDENCE (a word I know he likes to use) hand it over to the courts and put an end to the madness. Of course I don't know the circumstances surrounding the find, the solve, the secret but holy crap, how can he put Forrest's family in this position of prolonged litigation, both costly and most importantly emotionally draining. Jack, for the love of the family, come clean.
          I don't know that Jack loves the Fenn family.

Comment

To me, this says one thing.
            Of course Jack would like to be rid of the lawsuits; they are costing him (unless ff paid for his 3 attorneys...). He's not revealing info. that would lead them to be dropped because he can't. Some believe that's because he doesn't know. Others believe it's because he retrieved the TC from somewhere he faces legal consequences for "going alone."
            One of those two explanations has to be the truth, unless he wants the lawsuits to go on and on. Am I missing something? Couldn't a legitimate finder just release the solve under seal?

Comment

So Barb filed a motion to withdraw. Karl objected to her in camera testimony. Why would he have felt threatened by that? She asked the estate to verify that they weren’t trying to take possession of the chest through probate. She told Karl it would be a way for Karl and Zoe to adjudicate all the other claims. Of course Karl would say heck yeah, here's your statement now you can all go away. The chest is not part of the probate case but is it still a part of the others? Clearly they see Barb as a threat, a risk. There was a chance that she would get more information that they do not want to give up.

More importantly they see Sandau as a risk and want to get rid of him IMO. In Sandau's amended complaint on June 30th he has asked for the San Lazaro estate, $10 million and the chest. If the chest is no longer part of the estate, does anyone have a right to it anymore? Shouldn't the attorneys be letting all of the Plaintiffs in all of the cases know the status of ownership of the chest? Remember, this case was recently referred to a magistrate judge and still pending. It's important to look at the WHY in all of this. If the chest has been in trust all along as some have suggested, why wouldn't they have said so from the beginning?
              Last edited by Goldilocks; 07-20-2021, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady V View Post
                To me, this says one thing.
                Of course Jack would like to be rid of the lawsuits; they are costing him (unless ff paid for his 3 attorneys...). He's not revealing info. that would lead them to be dropped because he can't. Some believe that's because he doesn't know. Others believe it's because he retrieved the TC from somewhere he faces legal consequences for "going alone."
                One of those two explanations has to be the truth, unless he wants the lawsuits to go on and on. Am I missing something? Couldn't a legitimate finder just release the solve under seal?
                I don't think the solve is the problem, I think the question of ownership of the chest is.

Comment

Can we all just take a step back for minute and look at the events leading up to Karl saying that the Estate's position is that the chest is not included in the inventory. How does this much time go by and those words have never been said? Forrest's attorneys never said it in all of the previous and ongoing lawsuits. It has only been mentioned in the probate of Estate case at Barbara's request. Barb, if you are reading this which I know you do, can you tell us the events that led up to Karl's/Zoe's statement? You threatened to intervene and then what? Did Karl fulfill this request with another motive in mind? Instead of hush money is it a hush statement? Did Karl know about the May 2022 pre-trial date before or after he sent that paper to Barbara? I see it as a kind of settlement but do Karl and Zoe have the right to pick and choose what is part of the Estate? What kind of proof does one have to offer to show proof of ownership to take the liability off of Forrest's estate and on to Jack for example, since that's who owns the chest. Think about it. When settling an estate can you just hide grandma's jewels and say they're not part of her assets last minute or do you have to show some kind of proof of ownership? For the Jack Pack reading this, there's the evidence I've been waiting for, and it doesn't involve the solve or location. Just a piece of paper stating ownership. If the chest doesn't belong to the estate, who does it belong to? Simple question.

Pick and choose what is part of the Estate?

I don't understand your argument. Why is this a surprise to you? The chest was no longer part of the estate the minute Forrest left it in the Mountains, at least symbolically. Legally, the minute Forrest and Peggy left it out of their will and signed said will.

If the chest doesn't belong to the estate, who does it belong to?

Jonathan K. Stuef (Jack)

Comment

Originally posted by Max23 View Post

Pick and choose what is part of the Estate?

I don't understand your argument. Why is this a surprise to you? The chest was no longer part of the estate the minute Forrest left it in the Mountains, at least symbolically. Legally, the minute Forrest and Peggy left it out of their will and signed said will.

If the chest doesn't belong to the estate, who does it belong to?

Jonathan K. Stuef (Jack)
                    Really? Jack owns the chest? I thought he wanted to sell it. What's the hold up then? The remaining lawsuits are not after the solve, they are after the chest.

Comment

The lead solver

Comment

Really? Jack owns the chest? I thought he wanted to sell it. What's the hold up then? The remaining lawsuits are not after the solve, they are after the chest.
                        Is that it? Once you see the chest going on auction that will convince you that Jack had ownership? Well, we all know exactly when the chest will be up for auction.

Comment

Is that it? Once you see the chest going on auction that will convince you that Jack had ownership? Well, we all know exactly when the chest will be up for auction.
                          No, when the Estate presents the court with proof of Jacks ownership I will be satisfied that Jack is rightful owner of the chest. Anyone can sell the chest. I’m sorry, I didn’t get the memo of when exactly the chest is going up for auction. When would that be?

Comment

No, when the Estate presents the court with proof of Jacks ownership I will be satisfied that Jack is rightful owner of the chest.
                            Ownership has been established in previous court documents, to come out now and say anything different will mean that Sommer and the family are perjuring themselves.

-
                            Lying in a court document is basically lying under oath. If you do it, you’ve perjured yourself. How a court chooses to deal with it depends on the particular judge and, frequently, how egregious the lie is.-

I’m sorry, I didn’t get the memo of when exactly the chest is going up for auction. When would that be?
                            Whenever JACK decides to sell it and not a second before. Simple.
                            Last edited by Max23; 07-20-2021, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Ownership has been established in previous court documents, to come out now and say anything different will mean that Summers and the family are perjuring themselves.

-
                              Lying in a court document is basically lying under oath. If you do it, you’ve perjured yourself. How a court chooses to deal with it depends on the particular judge and, frequently, how egregious the lie is.-

Whenever JACK decides to sell it and not a second before. Simple.
                              Show me the document that says that Jack has ownership of the chest. It's not in Forrest's Declaration #1 or the Supplemental Declaration.

Comment

Show me the document that says that Jack has ownership of the chest. It's not in Forrest's Declaration #1 or the Supplemental Declaration.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-07-20 225805.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	317701

Comment

Working...
                                X