Scrapbook 107 Revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrapbook 107 Revisited

I know, I know, this has been discussed so many times and put on the back burner yet again misunderstood IMO.
    "Copius amounts of people" have passed by this place without understanding its importance, if they had only stopped for a second and given it some thought.

The most glaringly obvious take away from this scrapbook was the $5 bill with its turned down corner covering up the word Treasure minus its end letter 'r'
    Suggesting the treasure is concealed underneath, and the turned down corner is to invite you to look at the back of the bill. You have to ask yourself why, when he had a choice of bills he could have used he would choose the $5 one. Mainly because of what is visible on the back of it. The 'Lincoln Monument' where an array of U.S states are engraved on its facade. However only one of our four states of search is emblazoned on that facade and that is 'Colorado'.

Not only that but the facing of the monument is of marble from Yule Quarry, Colorado. Old 'Abe' himself is carved from it.
    This was one of the biggest giveaways from Forrest of the state to concentrate on when seeking his treasure.

As for the silverware, one of the most notable companies that manufactured silver tableware were 'WMF' a German company which uses the initials of Forrest's father 'William Marvin Fenn'.
    When he runs out of gas he mentions his 'idiot' phone (substitute 'smart') were you smart enough to spot it?
    He uses the words my "location" (within Colorado) somewhere. "You'd think I had robbed a bank." symbolic of some monetary value. IMO
    Forrest says "Am I the only homo sapien" homo sapiens is Latin for 'wise man'
    Last edited by starwheel; 07-18-2021, 06:16 AM.

What I took away from that scrapbook was that everything is out of order, including the handwritten note. I think he was trying to tell us how to interpret the poem.

The note said (paraphrasing)
    1 — go to OMV for drivers license
    2 — get gas

He did them in that order and ended up running out of gas before he could fill up. If he had gotten gas first, he wouldn’t have had a problem.

In the first stanza he’s asking where can I keep my secret and leave behind new and old hints of riches. Fake blaze?

In the second stanza, the line PIBTHOB is a sentence of its own. I believe it’s just a reiteration of BIWWWH. He’s telling us to begin where warm waters halt, and oh, by the way, put in (start) below the home of Brown. In other words, begin below the home of brown where warm waters halt.

In the third stanza, I believe heavy loads and water are both high. (An example of high heavy loads would be an aerial tram used for hauling mineral from the mines.)

Didn’t Jack say the poem was written for an English major and required a close read of the text (or something like that)?

I believe that scrapbook was ff telling us to read the poem as if things might be out of order.

Comment

Ok! so the two of you cannot get what Forrest is telling you, that it is in Colorado, and that is where to concentrate your search.
      I can imagine that Forrest would be tearing his hair out in frustration at some of you searchers who would just go ahead and manufacture something totally different out of his hidden intentions, however random, and I know just how he must have felt too. What about what is on the rear of the $5 dollar bill, no response to that whatsoever. I despair.

Comment

Originally posted by fflegacy
        Forrest gave four clues to the exact location on the map. Album 107 is one of the tips.
        fflegacy It's a great big one to me, it dispenses with three states.

Comment

“Ok! so the two of you cannot get what Forrest is telling you, that it is in Colorado, and that is where to concentrate your search.”

I got exactly what Forrest was trying to tell us, and I have believed from the beginning (still do) that it was in Colorado. No need to convince me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillbilly Hound View Post
            What I took away from that scrapbook was that everything is out of order, including the handwritten note. I think he was trying to tell us how to interpret the poem.

The note said (paraphrasing)
            1 — go to OMV for drivers license
            2 — get gas

He did them in that order and ended up running out of gas before he could fill up. If he had gotten gas first, he wouldn’t have had a problem.

In the first stanza he’s asking where can I keep my secret and leave behind new and old hints of riches. Fake blaze?

In the second stanza, the line PIBTHOB is a sentence of its own. I believe it’s just a reiteration of BIWWWH. He’s telling us to begin where warm waters halt, and oh, by the way, put in (start) below the home of Brown. In other words, begin below the home of brown where warm waters halt.

In the third stanza, I believe heavy loads and water are both high. (An example of high heavy loads would be an aerial tram used for hauling mineral from the mines.)

Didn’t Jack say the poem was written for an English major and required a close read of the text (or something like that)?

I believe that scrapbook was ff telling us to read the poem as if things might be out of order.
            "Come in here, dear boy, have a cigar, you're gonna go far . . ."
            Finding Jessica

Comment

Originally posted by starwheel View Post
              The most glaringly obvious take away from this scrapbook was the $5 bill with its turned down corner covering up the word Treasure minus its end letter 'r'
              Suggesting the treasure is concealed underneath, and the turned down corner is to invite you to look at the back of the bill. [/B]
              Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20210718_064622.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	316776
              The word 'Florence' is being covered up, by a 'memorial' on the back of the $5 note.

"There is a memorial plaque on the shore of Florence Lake below the ridge." -Bomber Mountain Article

source: https://www.boyscouttrail.com/blog/518.asp

Comment

Originally posted by Not4but242Walk View Post

Name:	PSX_20210718_064622.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	316776
                The word 'Florence' is being covered up, by a 'memorial' on the back of the $5 note.

"There is a memorial plaque on the shore of Florence Lake below the ridge." -Bomber Mountain Article

source: https://www.boyscouttrail.com/blog/518.asp
                Not4but242Walk Yep a good point, and I do know that, and I knew full well someone would bring that up, I do my homework and cover most eventualities, however the state of Wyoming is nowhere to be seen on the facade of the 'Lincoln Monument' as seen on the back of the $5 dollar bill as far as I know, neither is there a Yule Quarry in Wyoming which supplied marble for the monument, unless I am mistaken. There is a place called Florence in Colorado also, but it is not a lake.

Comment

Originally posted by starwheel View Post
                  I know, I know, this has been discussed so many times and put on the back burner yet again misunderstood IMO.
                  "Copius amounts of people" have passed by this place without understanding its importance, if they had only stopped for a second and given it some thought.

I do agree with you that this is one of the most important scrapbooks Forrest ever wrote, but I don't agree with your interpretation.

IMO, the scrapbook refers to the first part of the poem, up to "the end is ever drawing nigh".
                  Look at my reasoning below and tell me if this can be a coincidence?
                  Take a look at the picture with $5 bill and note the following things:
                  1. 1921 Wilderness Road
                  2. Marker positioned on the envelop in a zig zag fashion.
                  3. Mr U. Puceet
                  4. $5 bill with showing part of the digit 5 from the reverse.
                  5. Crookedly applied USPS stamp in the right corner

Now, look at the pictures below and correlate them with Forrest's picture form SB107
                  1. 1921 Wilderness Road - New Mexico road NM111 from La Madera to its end, where Forestry Rd 42 begins is exactly 19.21 miles.
                  2. Marker positioned on the envelop in a zig zag fashion - notice the switchbacks (zig zags) on NM111 crossing Mr U. Puceet name.
                  3. Mr U. Puceet - alternate meaning can be applied as Mr Ursus Brown. If you look at the NM111 right above the zig zags
                  (switchbacks) there is a Canada del Oso (canyon of the the brown bear).
                  4. $5 bill with showing part of the digit 5 from the reverse - compare the natural feature in Rio Tusas with the reverse digit 5 on the the $5 bill.
                  5. Crookedly applied USPS stamp in the right corner - compare position of the postal stamp with the USPS office in Tres Piedras.

Can this be a coincidence or Forrest just messing up with us?

Name:	NM111.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	316816 Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	316817 Click image for larger version

Name:	mapTrP.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	316818 Click image for larger version

Name:	Oso.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	339.2 KB
ID:	316819

Comment

What does anyone make of the ball point writing crossed by the felt tip pen?

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
                      Bolder but softer....

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous Hunter

And "Up u see it" from Florence, CO. What does that tell you?
                        Anonymous Hunter Never really gave that a lot of thought as it seemed a bit tacky for Forrest.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
                          Felt TIP = the tip of Felt = F; Pen = an enclosure. F enclosure.

Comment

By the way, does anyone have images of the other two photos that Fenn used for this Scrapbook?

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon View Post
                              By the way, does anyone have images of the other two photos that Fenn used for this Scrapbook?

Name:	SB107a.png
Views:	479
Size:	892.0 KB
ID:	317116

Name:	SB107b.png
Views:	438
Size:	589.3 KB
ID:	317117

Comment

Working...