Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop the sadism!

Forrest,

I’m pleading with you to stop this mock game. Bring it to an end. You and your actors are causing a great deal of emotional harm to honest searchers. I understand your desire for retribution but when average folk are hurt for your amusement then I have to draw a line. I may not be a successful or powerful man, quite the opposite. I’m a meek and quiet old soul and I just can’t stand to have this albatross around my neck anymore.

I have started a FOIA to request the permits for your cremation, corpse transport and burial, if applicable. In 13 days and counting I should have this information to know if or where you were cremated, transported and buried.

if you won’t stop this, then I will do what I have to and bring closure to this shitshow.

Dear friend! Can I call you that? I've always liked your messages, smart and discreet. You have always thought positively and in the right direction. But something has happened to you in the last month. Please take care of yourself. Peace be upon your home!

Click image for larger version  Name:	tenor.gif Views:	0 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	312913
    Last edited by fflegacy; 07-15-2021, 02:06 PM.
    https://fflegacy.info

Comment

He’s right about the albatross. Today’s 7/9, a mirror image of 9/7. Maybe something important will happen today. One must never lose hope.

Comment

Originally posted by fflegacy View Post
        Dear friend! Can I call you that? I've always liked your messages, smart and discreet. You have always thought positively and in the right direction. But something has happened to you in the last month. Please take care of yourself. I was supposed to fly to Santa Fe back in June 2020. But I can't do it to this day for reasons beyond my control. However, I am not worried and calmly observe everything that is happening. Peace be upon your home!

Click image for larger version Name:	tenor.gif Views:	0 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	312913
        Thanks for your concern. Physically, I’m not well. But, mentally and emotionally I’m in a place of contentment. Hopefully I get the physical aspect taken care of. But, in case I don’t, I want to make sure I’m emotionally strong to prepare for the worst. In that, I’m conflicted with what is the ethical course for me to follow. I don’t want to leave any lose ends and it bothers me if I depart this world leaving a mess I could simplify by just speaking truth. That’s what I plan on doing, speaking truth.

Comment

A FOIA request for detailed information on a 90 year old man’s death is a sign you should seek counseling.
          Do it for your family. I wish you peace.

Comment

Walking Among Lions A lot of people feel your pain. I think you are exactly right in that Forrest and/or the family did not do/has not done enough to bring closure to the many who gave so much. This is a question for anyone on the inside who is involved - when you see people suffering do you say well you got a cold statement, you got some vague emails, you lost, it's over, get over it, thank you for playing or do you face the loyal searchers who gave heart and soul to your cause and give them the respect and compassion they deserve by giving them an opportunity to mourn, to question, to vent, to celebrate? I am with you WAL. This ending has been downright ugly and I am equally upset. I think the release of Dal's emails has added insult to injury. I'm not sure what his motive is. If his motive is to be open and share, it missed the mark. Sharing would be releasing emails in their full context, not rewriting them. Sharing words from Forrest would be sharing them in the state they were received by Dal, not reformulated. The loyalty and respect that many people showed Forrest over the past decade hasn't been reciprocated IMO. We all made sacrifices to take part in this hunt. Yes, it was a personal choice and wasn't forced upon us but somehow I do feel we deserve at the very least some genuine words from anyone involved. There is always room for compassion.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
              A FOIA request for detailed information on a 90 year old man’s death is a sign you should seek counseling.
              Rose, I understand people on this forum find you to be quite witty and very smart. I’ve watched from afar for quite a long time and think the same. However, I’ve also noticed a lot of judgement amongst the crew on THOR and IMO, telling someone you do not know to seek counseling, to do it for themselves and their family, after ALL of the information I’ve seen bounce back and forth on this forum strikes me as quite condescending and flippant. That’s my opinion. WAL. You are not losing your mind and I think you may have just pulled the last card out from this house of cards. IMO, Forrest Fenn faked his death and was placed in the care of a witness protection program to halt the death threats against him et al., because there is more to this story than Jack found a chest in Wyoming. Rose, should I go seek counseling for thinking this? Maybe I know more than I’ve let on considering I’m just a brand new member here on THOR and I believe we should all take great care in how we speak to one another. I wish YOU ALL PEACE.

Feeling quite put off hearing good people telling other good people they need mental health care for thinking outside the box.

You all want answers? Then stop calling one another mentally ill and you’ll get them.

Comment

Explain your suffering WAL, and what it is you have lost, in the absence of Mr Fenn giving us finer detail.

We all know, or should know, the tc location is not and was not hidden in NM, where I think you were searching.

Comment

IMO there is more to this story and this end than meets the eye. Jack certainly gained a lot of confidence after Forrest died didn’t he? Writing about his dear, close friend Forrest Fenn when apparently it was quite the opposite. Maybe that is part of the twist in this story. Jack had to feel comfortable in his situation and the only way to do that was to remove Forrest from the equation. I believe the word ‘gaslighting’ is an appropriate word for what I personally believe has happened and is happening. I believe Billy Joel said it best when he said, “you may be right, I may be crazy...but it just may be a lunatic you’re looking for”.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
                    Thanks for your concern Rose. Since you are not in my shoes, you don't have the physical evidence and have not experienced the same things I have. Strangers out of the blue contacting you with relevant information to the chase, hints and clues, you do not have. Only I have this information. I have tried sharing with the community but many of you refuse to believe, refuse to listen, refuse to imagine the what ifs. As Forrest stated, many of you behave like "Dumb Driven Cattle". Forrest is the cowboy driving the herd of cattle where he wants them to go. Stop being cattle and become a Maverick! Consider the what ifs and follow their connections to a logical conclusion. As far as my mental health, I have never had more clarity and purpose in my entire life. But, it's not just my life I must take into consideration, but the lives also of my family. I never asked them if they wanted to be part of this adventure, I simply set my mind to it and went out and started looking. Along the way, my family came around to my drive and determination to solve this puzzle. But now, with all the doubt, the table has been turned and I now must ask them if this is the life they want. Are they willing to take on the Monkey Paw/Pandora's Box when there is a chance I may not be around in the near future. With that in mind, I cannot claim the title if they aren't all in agreement. It has to be a family decision. And, that's exactly what Forrest wanted, he wanted a family out there sweating in the sun looking for his chest. Forrest gave me an opportunity to make up my mind but that decision is not mine alone. So, I'm now taking steps to try and bring a quicker resolution to this ending in any way I can. And, since there is dispute as to where Forrest is buried, the FOIA will reveal this information. And, if the FOIA should turn up no documents, then we will be left with even bigger questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Matonis View Post

Rose, I understand people on this forum find you to be quite witty and very smart. I’ve watched from afar for quite a long time and think the same. However, I’ve also noticed a lot of judgement amongst the crew on THOR and IMO, telling someone you do not know to seek counseling, to do it for themselves and their family, after ALL of the information I’ve seen bounce back and forth on this forum strikes me as quite condescending and flippant. That’s my opinion. WAL. You are not losing your mind and I think you may have just pulled the last card out from this house of cards. IMO, Forrest Fenn faked his death and was placed in the care of a witness protection program to halt the death threats against him et al., because there is more to this story than Jack found a chest in Wyoming. Rose, should I go seek counseling for thinking this? Maybe I know more than I’ve let on considering I’m just a brand new member here on THOR and I believe we should all take great care in how we speak to one another. I wish YOU ALL PEACE.

Feeling quite put off hearing good people telling other good people they need mental health care for thinking outside the box.

You all want answers? Then stop calling one another mentally ill and you’ll get them.
                      I don’t think of myself as witty or smart. I’m just another average searcher looking for the same answers that we all are trying to find. But I’m not going to harass and harm the F family to get them. Either I find them on my own or I don’t get them- it’s that simple. I didn’t mean to sound condescending or flippant with my comment, but there are some instances where a forum will not assist someone with the very real pain they are going through. We here on THOR are not professional counselors, and I find it dangerous to think otherwise. A true professional who has spent a decade or so studying psychology in order to help people is sometimes required to save someone’s life when they are at the point of using language like “sadism” and “albatross.” The pain is very real and needs to be addressed and not swept under the rug of “well, we’re all a little crazy,” as that’s why this country suffers from a stigma on mental healthcare. Yes, we ARE all a little crazy, and while some of us enjoy it for the most part, others are going through severe pain and depression and want that pain to stop. Our bodies run on chemicals and it’s easy for those chemical processes to get out of whack. Mental healthcare is required to fix the Physical Problems that cause the pain. No one on this forum can fix those problems, but an actual doctor that a person goes to just might. By encouraging someone to evaluate their danger sign speech objectively, I am merely trying to destigmatize the reluctance so many feel towards seeing a mental doctor. There’s nothing wrong with seeking help for malaligned chemicals. You wouldn’t tell someone with a broken leg to go to a forum for assistance- so why tell someone with a different Physical type of pain to do the same?
                      I don’t know what’s going on with this Chase. I don’t like the ending any more than you. What I can tell you though, is that I’m not going to make threats towards anyone, harass anyone, harm anyone, or sue anyone. I’m going to keep looking for answers and solving the poem- no matter how maddening it gets. I also believe that those answers are inside rather than external, and I’m working on getting the speck out of my own damned eye.
                      I kinda suck at it, but I won’t stop trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Round Peg, Square Hole View Post
                        Explain your suffering WAL, and what it is you have lost, in the absence of Mr Fenn giving us finer detail.

We all know, or should know, the tc location is not and was not hidden in NM, where I think you were searching.
                        Don't you just hate it when a cock-sure self-appointed authority makes a fool of himself?
                        Begin it in the home of Brown where warm waters halt.

Comment

Rose is right. Special pleading to the departed in the form of privacy invasion couched in emotional need is simply outside your moral right as a third party. Since we're all just spitballin' opinions here it's entirely consistent for anyone of us to weigh in on your recent emotional decline and suggest that what you're in need of will not be found here. This is an ephemeral digital puff of smoke lacking any substance and perduring virtue. The sadism you speak of is your own construct. That alone should instruct you.

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
                          you don't have the physical evidence and have not experienced the same things I have.
                          This again. Please seek help if only for the sake of those who love you

Conservatism is the belief that a small subset of the people is protected by the law, but not bound by it, while another, larger group is bound by the law, but is not protected by it.

~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by larsonist View Post

Don't you just hate it when a cock-sure self-appointed authority makes a fool of himself?
                            You'll feel better the moment you forgive yourself..
                            Conservatism is the belief that a small subset of the people is protected by the law, but not bound by it, while another, larger group is bound by the law, but is not protected by it.

~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by fflegacy
                              Everyone thought Forrest was immortal. And all forgot that at the time of his death he was 90 years old and he had one kidney and a sick heart. What is the reason to fake your own death? If a person can die at any moment. The chaos began after Forrest's death. And this was not his plan, the conditions of the game were changed after the game.
                              You are exactly right, why fake your death? On the same token, why continue the Mock Game after you die? For whose benefit is it to continue mocking the courts, government, chasers, etc. the only person who would benefit from such shenanigans is the very person who is purported as being dead. But, nobody finds it strange the police report and attending officer describes Forrest snoring loudly as odd. I’ve been witness to four deaths in my life and I know the difference between sleep snoring, death rattle and final breaths before death. But, I suffer from confirmation bias if I am to believe the lot of you.

Comment

Working...
                              X