Why Is It That I Must Go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Is It That I Must Go?

I'm new here, so I apologize if this subject is old turf to the Community, but I seem to have approached the game rather differently than most here. So I'm going to offer up a topic for discussion and I welcome any and all constructive comments that any of you might care to offer.

Topic:

In the poem Fenn asks a direct question, "So why is it that I must go and leave my trove for all to seek?"

Poll for the Community:

Who ekse has a simple and direct answer to this question that is central to their best solution?

My Answer:

The letter "I" must be removed from the final tallies of the word algebra equations that provide verification of the final letter key derived by the solution process.

Examples:

Your + Effort = Worth + The + Cold (exactly, no I to remove here)

You = Wise + And + Found + The + Blaze - I (letter value of You exactly equal to the total of word sums on right)

You = Brave + And + In + The + Wood - I (letter value of You exactly equal to the total of word suns on the right)

Equations derived using "Brown" interpreted as " B(e) (a)R(e) Own!" . . . This interpretation means that all forms of " To Be" should be treated as an equal sign mathematically.

Readers should note that "To Be" is used conventionally 8 times with all occurrences after Line 8, so beginning immediately on Line 9, equations can be developed.

Readers should also note that "Is" is embedded twice in single words: "Wise" and "Listen." This makes 10 uses, and conveniently only a Base 10 letter key can provide the mathematical equivalence cited above. Further still, "Listen" interpreted as "L is 10" reinforces this deduction. As does the four corner letters of the poem "AIDE" or "IDEA" where I = D + E + A = 4 + 5 + 1 = 10!

Final note. The three equations above provide only a partial list of the equivalencies I have at the ready, but they are more than enough to make my point that I believe the solution to this poem was meant to be mathematically provable.

Thoughts, comments, feedbacks, alternatives welcomed.

Go!

Click image for larger version

Name:	5940EC9F-756C-4927-9621-77296417C072.png
Views:	647
Size:	506.2 KB
ID:	311640

Comment

Originally posted by MoonScavenger View Post

The letter "I" must be removed from the final tallies of the word algebra equations that provide verification of the final letter key derived by the solution process.
      All IMO: You're on the right track initially.
      "So why is it". So means unusual; it is an unusual WHY, or Y. "that I must go". The I that equals Y is what must go (be eliminated). It should be removed from the letter set in the next line down.

Thanks for bringing this one up, Moon. It's a good one.

Comment

I'm new here, so I apologize if this subject is old turf to the Community, but I seem to have approached the game rather differently than most here. So I'm going to offer up a topic for discussion and I welcome any and all constructive comments that any of you might care to offer.

Topic:

In the poem Fenn asks a direct question, "So why is it that I must go and leave my trove for all to seek?"

Poll for the Community:

Who ekse has a simple and direct answer to this question that is central to their best solution?

My Answer:

Examples:

Your + Effort = Worth + The + Cold (exactly, no I to remove here)

You = Wise + And + Found + The + Blaze - I (letter value of You exactly equal to the total of word sums on right)

You = Brave + And + In + The + Wood - I (letter value of You exactly equal to the total of word suns on the right)

Equations derived using "Brown" interpreted as " B(e) (a)R(e) Own!" . . . This interpretation means that all forms of " To Be" should be treated as an equal sign mathematically.

Readers should note that "To Be" is used conventionally 8 times with all occurrences after Line 8, so beginning immediately on Line 9, equations can be developed.

Readers should also note that "Is" is embedded twice in single words: "Wise" and "Listen." This makes 10 uses, and conveniently only a Base 10 letter key can provide the mathematical equivalence cited above. Further still, "Listen" interpreted as "L is 10" reinforces this deduction. As does the four corner letters of the poem "AIDE" or "IDEA" where I = D + E + A = 4 + 5 + 1 = 10!

Final note. The three equations above provide only a partial list of the equivalencies I have at the ready, but they are more than enough to make my point that I believe the solution to this poem was meant to be mathematically provable.

Thoughts, comments, feedbacks, alternatives welcomed.

Go!
        Already explained, but nobody is listening....

https://pws111.medium.com/to-the-bla...d-1f521a790497

Comment

I apologize, Spoon, but I am not following your train of thought yet.

I is not equal to Y mathematically in either Base 9 or 10 common (or my key, not that anyone cares about that).

I does not equal Y by homophone either.

The next "Y" in the poem is in "Already" thus removal creates "Al read".

Logically "Al read" could reference "Alone" conceivably making it "Al one".

But there I become lost. Please embellish your post to provide more grounding so that I can understand your comment better.

Thanks in advance, Spoon.

Comment

Thanks for the link, PWS111. Looks very interesting.

Comment

Hi Moon - thanks for the response and happy to comply:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iotacism

Comment

I read the published article from your link, and I used it to keep going backwards and forwards thru the Clue 7 article, as well.

That's a very thorough solution; huge investment of time, thought, research and energy wrapped up into a neat concept.

Not sure if it's yours, but on assumption that it is, admirable, Sir.

Good luck perusing New Mexico.

While your area is not for me, I can certainly respect your effort.

Regards.

Comment

I read the published article from your link, and I used it to keep going backwards and forwards thru the Clue 7 article, as well.

That's a very thorough solution; huge investment of time, thought, research and energy wrapped up into a neat concept.

Not sure if it's yours, but on assumption that it is, admirable, Sir.

Good luck perusing New Mexico.

While your area is not for me, I can certainly respect your effort.

Regards.
                  If this was intended for me, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

No, sorry for confusion. That was for PWS111.

Comment

Leave the fishing spot
                      Allow other people to fish there
                      He fished all he could and he's tired.

Comment

Easier to think he was just taking a shit, but begs the question y

Comment

Originally posted by pws111 View Post

Already explained, but nobody is listening....

https://pws111.medium.com/to-the-bla...d-1f521a790497
                          get some interesting numbers below the 0 if you butt tarry scant a pack of X's in the empty boxs. think this is with all punctuation removed.
                          x x x x x x x x x 9
                          x x x x x x x x x 9
                          x x x x x x x x x x 10
                          x x x x x x x x 8
                          x x x x x x 6
                          x x x x x x x x 8
                          x x x x x x x x 8
                          x x x x x x x 7
                          x x 2
                          x x x x x x x x x x 10
                          x x 2
                          x x x x x 5
                          x x x x 4
                          x x x 3
                          x x x x x x x x x x x x x 13
                          x x x 3
                          x x x x x x x x x 9
                          x x x x x x x x 8
                          x x x x x x x 7
                          x x x 3
                          x x x x x x x 7
                          x x x x x x x x x x x 11
                          the real GPS solve.. Of course its not Yellowstone so obv can't be anything!

Comment

This stuff is bordering on ciphers and codes which FF cursed and condemned.
                            Consider yourself cursed and condemned.
                            Begin it in the home of Brown where warm waters halt.

Comment

Originally posted by larsonist View Post
                              This stuff is bordering on ciphers and codes which FF cursed and condemned.
                              Consider yourself cursed and condemned.
                              Thank you! Can I bang demons now? I hear demisexual is the new cool thing. No cipher or code in a simple word find. Go back to looking for boats n ho's!

Comment

Working...
                              X