A Journey to the Bighorns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Journey to the Bighorns

"The poem is like many of those stories in that it reflects his point of view and his emotions on a journey
    that was important to him." -Jack

Click image for larger version

Name:	1_5.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	307752

Name:	2_5.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	307753

Name:	3_5.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	307756

Name:	4_5.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	307754

Name:	5_5.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	233.6 KB
ID:	307755

Road to Willow Park Reservoir - The Hint of Riches - Forrest Fenn's Treasure Hunt

Your brave effort: 'worth the cold" & "in the wood" - The Hint of Riches - Forrest Fenn's Treasure Hunt

I’m convinced that this is the correct solve. Jack won’t mention what the blaze is because of how unique the plane is. Well done.

My only hang-up is how Jack was able to nail down the exact section of forest if he couldn’t see a shimmer off the downed plane. Maybe there’s only one spot from where you can see Bomber Mountain? In all events, I’m convinced. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Not4but242Walk View Post
      "The poem is like many of those stories in that it reflects his point of view and his emotions on a journey
      that was important to him." -Jack

Name:	1_5.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	307752

Name:	2_5.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	307753

Name:	3_5.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	307756

Name:	4_5.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	307754

Name:	5_5.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	233.6 KB
ID:	307755

Road to Willow Park Reservoir - The Hint of Riches - Forrest Fenn's Treasure Hunt

Your brave effort: 'worth the cold" & "in the wood" - The Hint of Riches - Forrest Fenn's Treasure Hunt
      This looks to me like a rather vague set of associations. Where, specifically, do you think the hidey spot is/was? Thank you in advance. No hard feelings intended. Location in degrees+decimals (instead of minutes and seconds) would be preferred. Please accept my apology if I'm seeming to be too difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

This looks to me like a rather vague set of associations. Where, specifically, do you think the hidey spot is/was? Thank you in advance. No hard feelings intended. Location in degrees+decimals (instead of minutes and seconds) would be preferred. Please accept my apology if I'm seeming to be too difficult.

Not that vague, but a set of landmarks from a pilot's point of view. Three bodies of related warm waters, a canyon, a lake, a long creek and two of the tallest mountain peaks.

There are only two creeks which split HL and WH. Paint Rock Creek (can paddle up) and South 'Pi'-ney Creek (you can't).

https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...ewis-and-clark

One might start around 44.450,-107.051 and continue along the line-of-sight of the blaze.

Name:	PSX_20210714_062856.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	314866

"Why do the yellow and purple flowers flourish where no one is there to see?" -TTotC
        ​​​​​​​

Name:	PSX_20210714_063927.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	314867
        ​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Not4but242Walk View Post

Not that vague, but a set of landmarks from a pilot's point of view. Three bodies of related warm waters, a canyon, a lake, a long creek and two of the tallest mountain peaks.

There are only two creeks which split HL and WH. Paint Rock Creek (can paddle up) and South 'Pi'-ney Creek (you can't).

https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...ewis-and-clark

One might start around 44.450,-107.051 and continue along the line-of-sight of the blaze.

Name:	PSX_20210714_062856.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	314866

"Why do the yellow and purple flowers flourish where no one is there to see?" -TTotC

Name:	PSX_20210714_063927.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	314867
          ​​​​​​​
          Thank you for the coordinates. I don't see anything notable there -- or nearby -- that I believe would serve as a landmark to guide someone precisely to that spot. And I don't understand why
          that location would be very special to FF. But good luck to you if you search that place.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Thank you for the coordinates. I don't see anything notable there -- or nearby -- that I believe would serve as a landmark to guide someone precisely to that spot. And I don't understand why
            that location would be very special to FF. But good luck to you if you search that place.
            The reservoir itself would be the special spot, but not a good spot for hiding treasure (or a body).

Comment

Working...
            X