Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Journey to the Bighorns

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A Journey to the Bighorns

    "The poem is like many of those stories in that it reflects his point of view and his emotions on a journey
    that was important to him." -Jack


    Click image for larger version

Name:	1_5.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	307752
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2_5.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	307753
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3_5.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	307756
    Click image for larger version

Name:	4_5.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	307754
    Click image for larger version

Name:	5_5.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	233.6 KB
ID:	307755

    Road to Willow Park Reservoir - The Hint of Riches - Forrest Fenn's Treasure Hunt

    Your brave effort: 'worth the cold" & "in the wood" - The Hint of Riches - Forrest Fenn's Treasure Hunt

  • #2
    I’m convinced that this is the correct solve. Jack won’t mention what the blaze is because of how unique the plane is. Well done.

    My only hang-up is how Jack was able to nail down the exact section of forest if he couldn’t see a shimmer off the downed plane. Maybe there’s only one spot from where you can see Bomber Mountain? In all events, I’m convinced. Thank you!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Not4but242Walk View Post
      "The poem is like many of those stories in that it reflects his point of view and his emotions on a journey
      that was important to him." -Jack


      Click image for larger version

Name:	1_5.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	307752
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2_5.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	307753
      Click image for larger version

Name:	3_5.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	307756
      Click image for larger version

Name:	4_5.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	307754
      Click image for larger version

Name:	5_5.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	233.6 KB
ID:	307755

      Road to Willow Park Reservoir - The Hint of Riches - Forrest Fenn's Treasure Hunt

      Your brave effort: 'worth the cold" & "in the wood" - The Hint of Riches - Forrest Fenn's Treasure Hunt
      This looks to me like a rather vague set of associations. Where, specifically, do you think the hidey spot is/was? Thank you in advance. No hard feelings intended. Location in degrees+decimals (instead of minutes and seconds) would be preferred. Please accept my apology if I'm seeming to be too difficult.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

        This looks to me like a rather vague set of associations. Where, specifically, do you think the hidey spot is/was? Thank you in advance. No hard feelings intended. Location in degrees+decimals (instead of minutes and seconds) would be preferred. Please accept my apology if I'm seeming to be too difficult.

        Not that vague, but a set of landmarks from a pilot's point of view. Three bodies of related warm waters, a canyon, a lake, a long creek and two of the tallest mountain peaks.

        There are only two creeks which split HL and WH. Paint Rock Creek (can paddle up) and South 'Pi'-ney Creek (you can't).

        https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...ewis-and-clark

        One might start around 44.450,-107.051 and continue along the line-of-sight of the blaze.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20210714_062856.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	314866


        "Why do the yellow and purple flowers flourish where no one is there to see?" -TTotC
        ​​​​​​​
        Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20210714_063927.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	314867
        ​​​​​​​

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Not4but242Walk View Post


          Not that vague, but a set of landmarks from a pilot's point of view. Three bodies of related warm waters, a canyon, a lake, a long creek and two of the tallest mountain peaks.

          There are only two creeks which split HL and WH. Paint Rock Creek (can paddle up) and South 'Pi'-ney Creek (you can't).

          https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...ewis-and-clark

          One might start around 44.450,-107.051 and continue along the line-of-sight of the blaze.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20210714_062856.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	314866


          "Why do the yellow and purple flowers flourish where no one is there to see?" -TTotC

          Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20210714_063927.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	314867
          ​​​​​​​
          Thank you for the coordinates. I don't see anything notable there -- or nearby -- that I believe would serve as a landmark to guide someone precisely to that spot. And I don't understand why
          that location would be very special to FF. But good luck to you if you search that place.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

            Thank you for the coordinates. I don't see anything notable there -- or nearby -- that I believe would serve as a landmark to guide someone precisely to that spot. And I don't understand why
            that location would be very special to FF. But good luck to you if you search that place.
            The reservoir itself would be the special spot, but not a good spot for hiding treasure (or a body).

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

              This looks to me like a rather vague set of associations. Where, specifically, do you think the hidey spot is/was? Thank you in advance. No hard feelings intended. Location in degrees+decimals (instead of minutes and seconds) would be preferred. Please accept my apology if I'm seeming to be too difficult.
              What is very interesting to me about you location here at Willow Park Reservoir is one big clue in the book. I have searched for a body of water that matches something in TTOTC. I found Willow Park Reservoir a couple of years ago when I matched the shape of the reservoir to something in the drawing of the Two Biddies in the book. The woman (biddie)on the RH side of the drawing just below her hand on her face there is a shape that is slightly highlighted that looks like it might be a lake. Just to the right of this is a small line that goes up jogs to the right and has an arrow on it that points to one of the puffy shapes on her dress. These puffs look like clouds. The shape is almost exactly the shape of Willow Park Reservoir. One of a few of my solves took me to this area as I felt that the B17 crash there had something to do with the Chase. On the inside cover of TTOTC there is a picture of Forrest's I.D. when he was 17. The picture of him was when he was much younger than 17. I had interpreted this to mean ID too young to be 17 or I died too young B17. The name of the B17 that crashed on Bomber Mountain was "Scharazad". There is a picture of Forrest and Peggy standing next to a painting of Scheherazad. Interesting

              Comment


              • #8
                I only have one thing to say
                Does an average person have the ability or resources to fly a plane for all these birds eye view solves?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I didn't need a plane. I just used professor Google.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bdalameda View Post
                    I found Willow Park Reservoir a couple of years ago when I matched the shape of the reservoir to something in the drawing of the Two Biddies in the book.
                    Not to mention Bip's fine artistic skills.

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_28244.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	374500
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_28245.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	374501

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sarah Seedling View Post
                      I only have one thing to say
                      Does an average person have the ability or resources to fly a plane for all these birds eye view solves?
                      Your average kid does

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20220114_065841.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	374507

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Here is the picture drawing I was talking about. Note that the shape is almost exactly the same as Willow Park Reservoir in the Bighorn Mtns.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Biddies.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	382.0 KB
ID:	374531

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X