The Elevation Puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larsonist View Post

Have you looked at a topo map of that area? Mighty big coincidence that 9400 runs exactly through the blaze. EXACTLY THROUGH.
    That's no coincidence. Forrest gave us these numbers deliberately.
    They were discussed. He gave us useful clues through little puzzles like that.
    Is the Colorado state flag a rabbit hole?
    Yes it is a rabbithole, IMO.

Comment

Forrest said to simplify. Simply between 5,000 and 10,200. Simply in the “middle” would be at 7600. He gave us this great hint still knowing it wouldn’t give too much away cause there’s a lot of 7600 ft elevations in the Rockies. But it would help us rule out some locations....

Comment

Chasechat
        September 04, 2015

Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.

Forrest dispensed his treasure clues in many ways. Most of them are in the poem as metaphors and puzzles. We can also find hints in the TTOTC stories, Q&A websites, and his video interviews.

The elevation of the treasure chest is also found in a puzzle. It’s a small puzzle, a bit of a late-comer, and its solution requires us to gather pieces from different sources and sew them together for an answer. It’s the Fenn way.

The first piece we need is the number 10,200. Forrest gave us this number when he defined the elevation range of the chest: it's above 5,000 ft but below 10,200 ft. The number 10,200 seems a bit odd at first, almost arbitrary and unnecessary. It hasn’t received a lot of blog chatter and is most often mentioned merely as the innocent elevation it appears to be.
        But why didn’t he simply say the chest is above 5,000 ft and leave it at that? Why did he give us an upper limit at all?

The Fennimous reason is this: 10,200 is not just an elevation, and we shouldn’t treat it in strictly that sense.
        Forrest needed this number for his elevation puzzle where it’s used as one of two values in an equation.

The second piece we need is a number that involves Forrest’s anticipated death from cancer and his tomb in the mountains: the omega that draws ever nigh---his eternal home in the wilderness. The numerical value of omega in the Greek system is 800. When we perform simple subtraction with these two numbers---10,200 minus 800---the result is 9,400. We use subtraction because Forrest says the chest is below 10,200 feet. How far below? 800 feet.

9,400 feet is the exact elevation of the chest.
        ************************************************** ************************
        06/09/2021
        PS: If you look at Forrest's 'good map' (a topo map of the Osier area) you can see the contour line of 9400 ft. as it winds southeast of the train stop, down-stream, just west of where the Los Pinos river makes a bend to the north.
        I downloaded this map for free: NM_Toltec Mesa_194594_1995_24000_geo
        The contour line runs smack through Forrest Fenn's stone blaze at 9400 feet.

Then you can go to GE and see it. 36°59'27.30"N, 106°19'28.69"W

If you visit the site be sure to walk to this little tree: 36°59'29.50" N, 106°19'28.10" W.
        If you look uphill from the tree to the blaze can you guess how far away you'd be?
        If you guessed 200 ft. you'd almost qualify as a genius.
        I see nothing particularly interesting at that location. But if you keep searching there, you'll live forever. Such a deal!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20210718_164426.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	316980

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
            I see nothing particularly interesting at that location. But if you keep searching there, you'll live forever. Such a deal!
            If you OLD, and you're a PILOT.....can you really be a pilot of any kind? Cuz you crash with amazing regularity.
            Next!
            Begin it in the home of Brown where warm waters halt.

Comment

Chasechat
              September 04, 2015

Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.

Forrest dispensed his treasure clues in many ways. Most of them are in the poem as metaphors and puzzles. We can also find hints in the TTOTC stories, Q&A websites, and his video interviews.

The elevation of the treasure chest is also found in a puzzle. It’s a small puzzle, a bit of a late-comer, and its solution requires us to gather pieces from different sources and sew them together for an answer. It’s the Fenn way.

The first piece we need is the number 10,200. Forrest gave us this number when he defined the elevation range of the chest: it's above 5,000 ft but below 10,200 ft. The number 10,200 seems a bit odd at first, almost arbitrary and unnecessary. It hasn’t received a lot of blog chatter and is most often mentioned merely as the innocent elevation it appears to be.
              But why didn’t he simply say the chest is above 5,000 ft and leave it at that? Why did he give us an upper limit at all?

The Fennimous reason is this: 10,200 is not just an elevation, and we shouldn’t treat it in strictly that sense.
              Forrest needed this number for his elevation puzzle where it’s used as one of two values in an equation.

The second piece we need is a number that involves Forrest’s anticipated death from cancer and his tomb in the mountains: the omega that draws ever nigh---his eternal home in the wilderness. The numerical value of omega in the Greek system is 800. When we perform simple subtraction with these two numbers---10,200 minus 800---the result is 9,400. We use subtraction because Forrest says the chest is below 10,200 feet. How far below? 800 feet.

9,400 feet is the exact elevation of the chest.
              ************************************************** ************************
              06/09/2021
              PS: If you look at Forrest's 'good map' (a topo map of the Osier area) you can see the contour line of 9400 ft. as it winds southeast of the train stop, down-stream, just west of where the Los Pinos river makes a bend to the north.
              I downloaded this map for free: NM_Toltec Mesa_194594_1995_24000_geo
              The contour line runs smack through Forrest Fenn's stone blaze at 9400 feet.

Then you can go to GE and see it. 36°59'27.30"N, 106°19'28.69"W

If you visit the site be sure to walk to this little tree: 36°59'29.50" N, 106°19'28.10" W.
              If you look uphill from the tree to the blaze can you guess how far away you'd be?
              If you guessed 200 ft. you'd almost qualify as a genius.
              Definitely like the way you use elevation within your location. I used Canasta to get 200 feet away from your Elevation, but if I used the Hard Deck as a Pilot it would be the same 9400 feet elevation. 2 Decks + Jokers = 108 cards 10,800 feet ( notice minus 800 "Omega" with 2 full decks 10,800 makes 10K Hard Deck, but there are 2 omegas also... ) 10,800 minus 4 jokers equals 10,200 Take out Jokers to get the reference FF makes to altitude. minus 6 card Meld 10,200 - 600 = 9600 feet or minus Face cards JQK x 2 Decks= 6 also. If I were to use 10,000 Feet as the Hard Deck it drops down to 9400 feet. This means nothing until you find the area, then the altitude can guide to distances between things like you found. I was intrigued by the 200 foot difference of the Hard Deck when FF said people were 200 feet from the treasure. 10,200 is 200 feet from the Hard Deck and if you are a Pilot you crash on the hard deck for Pilot Training.

Comment

The poem doesn't mention elevation. I don't find it puzzling.

Comment

Originally posted by liveitvivid View Post
                  Definitely like the way you use elevation within your location. I used Canasta to get 200 feet away from your Elevation, but if I used the Hard Deck as a Pilot it would be the same 9400 feet elevation. 2 Decks + Jokers = 108 cards 10,800 feet ( notice minus 800 "Omega" with 2 full decks 10,800 makes 10K Hard Deck, but there are 2 omegas also... ) 10,800 minus 4 jokers equals 10,200 Take out Jokers to get the reference FF makes to altitude. minus 6 card Meld 10,200 - 600 = 9600 feet or minus Face cards JQK x 2 Decks= 6 also. If I were to use 10,000 Feet as the Hard Deck it drops down to 9400 feet. This means nothing until you find the area, then the altitude can guide to distances between things like you found. I was intrigued by the 200 foot difference of the Hard Deck when FF said people were 200 feet from the treasure. 10,200 is 200 feet from the Hard Deck and if you are a Pilot you crash on the hard deck for Pilot Training.
                  Interesting approach.
                  Would you have been motivated at the time (2015) to use his values (5,000 & 10,200 ft) in a Canasta-based elevation pursuit?

Most 'searchers' simply subtracted the two and then divided 5,200 in half (2,600) and added it to the 5,000, for a useless total of 7,600 ft.
                  They were very proud of their achievement.

Comment

Interesting approach.
                    Would you have been motivated at the time (2015) to use his values (5,000 & 10,200 ft) in a Canasta-based elevation pursuit?

Most 'searchers' simply subtracted the two and then divided 5,200 in half (2,600) and added it to the 5,000, for a useless total of 7,600 ft.
                    They were very proud of their achievement.
                    Well it got me just as far as their elevation did lol, but that is to say there is only 1 treasure. I know there are 2 treasures one wet and one dry. I didn't start until late 2019 and I got to hear things all at once instead of waiting for new clues. It was the first thought that came to me with the Hard Deck since I knew of flight terminology and just fell into place in my mind. Then I had another epiphany from a dream. I was playing poker and a person sat in the 5 seat to make a 10 handed game (5000ft 10Kft?) and then I am at the 6 seat which bumps me to 7. I yell in my dream, GET THE FLOORMAN WE NEED 2 DECKS! So, Get the Floor Man! I am telling myself the floor is 10K feet. I was at a 9 seated table (9000ft) plus me 6 at 9600 so I confirmed with the Canasta as 2 decks. But the only place where the Floor is 10K feet is Colorado and an 80 year old man can climb at that elevation not in a mountain terrain since it is on flat ground at 10K feet. So Colorado is my hot spot and Salida is the Heart of the Rockies. FF put a Compass on his heart on the published map. Golden Hockey puck dream I had also reminds me of the Colorado Flag. I also saw a dream of a deck full of Dueces that were wavy spread at the 2 seat. Probably 2 decks and more hints to Canasta but at a poker table. So many dreams...

Comment

Well heck, your experience is not too different from some other explanations posted here.
                      Was your similar result just by coincidence? I might find it difficult to put total confidence in the result if no one else had proposed a similar solution.
                      Let's just say we're both great thinkers (or dreamers) and leave it at that.
                      btw, you won't find many backers of the result here. They'd rather go with the 7,600 value and claim genius status.

Comment

Well heck, your experience is not too different from some other explanations posted here.
                        Was your similar result just by coincidence? I might find it difficult to put total confidence in the result if no one else had proposed a similar solution.
                        btw, you won't find many backers of the result here. They'd rather go with the 7,600 value and claim genius status.
                        Thanks for calling me a genius, because I go along with the 7600’ interpretation. So I am the second genius here, after Jack who pretended Forrest called him a genius.

Comment

Originally posted by jan_v60 View Post
                          Thanks for calling me a genius, because I go along with the 7600’ interpretation. So I am the second genius here, after Jack who pretended Forrest called him a genius.
                          Ok, you're a genius.
                          Now tell us all about the home of Brown and the TWO STATES involved in hiding the chest.
                          Don't forget the word that is key.
                          And the paddle up yer creek.
                          And warm waters halting, and.......
                          Finally! Real answers!

Comment

I don't think it is a coincidence and if Canasta fits like this then it was meant as a hint for someone in the area like you experienced. I wish I had experienced something like this but I never took any trips since I was still throwing darts at a map until the GPS solution came out. That position allows me to get laser precision on my pirate map now. I am amazed that I saw 20 and 40 align one day and flipped the Keno board to Key and the size of the Keno Board had to be large enough to realize it and perfect sizing as I was prompted to increase the margins on the one print I did for some reason, why not just push print.... Now I could scale perfectly, but I already have my hot spot so maybe don't need to. I can do it later if needed. Like if I need to reverse the Keno board inside the Box and make a new Grid. Then if another number is shown I can make a new grid and zoom to the actual spot. I have new sets of numbers from the Woman from Wisconsin, they fit as GPS too but might be another grid. It is a great mystery until I stumble blindly onto the solution like I did after dreaming numbers 30 years ago. They were and enigma to me but I just solved the paradox in my mind to the power of F! I kept trying to figure out where to use the numbers for 30 years so it was amazing when it all started to fit as why would I dream these numbers so vividly. Boggling my mind why would a booming voice in a dream say this to me 30 years ago. I only remembered since I thought they were lotto lol. Very cool thing is they were also Lotto numbers I just missed by 1 number and didn't play the lower jackpot. I told myself think inside the box and those numbers hit all but 1 on the Powerball but not the Mega Millions. I think it was a sign too so I take it that way. Money is BS and Miracles are what I seek! Everyone can do this too! Use your own encryption and duality! Click image for larger version

Name:	PirateMap1.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	322.6 KB
ID:	319322 Click image for larger version

Name:	PirateMap2.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	319323 Click image for larger version

Name:	PirateMap5.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	319324
                            Last edited by liveitvivid; 07-25-2021, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X