Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's more important to you, the trove or the solution to the poem? Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me, you can't separate them, but you can assign relative importance. The solution has little value without the trove; if the "prize" was one silver dollar, almost no one would have paid any attention to this at all - - look around the other treasure forums for proof, "interested head count" follows the $$$. If the value hadn't been there, I wouldn't have gone looking. I've seen similar "just puzzles" posted, too, and again, without a valuable prize, not much happens. That said, I would likely have donated most of the trove had I found it, since the point was to SOLVE the poem. I'd keep a small portion as a memento, but plan to have my "profit", if any, be from telling the tale, not from the trove itself - - that belongs to posterity in a museum. Bottom line - the trove is more important, but not for its own value, rather for the value the trove gives to the solve.

Comment

I agree Suzy they go together. But for the trove I assume one's solve has to be dead on Garcia style ... and willing to play with some serious forces. Few would believe the circumstances surrounding my electrifying experience last weekend. Particularly the timing and location.

Comment

Great question OP. For me the solution has always been more important. I loved every moment of my 'chase', it felt like playing a game of chess against a Grand Master. So much fun
        As far as the trove... I've been working-class poor my entire life I wouldn't know what to do with money now (hehe) I would probably just give it to my brother and sister and let them figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tornado View Post
          I agree Suzy they go together. But for the trove I assume one's solve has to be dead on Garcia style ... and willing to play with some serious forces. Few would believe the circumstances surrounding my electrifying experience last weekend. Particularly the timing and location.
          Given your current avatar, I can see you're making a serious point. The forces of nature rule, especially when they strike the ground at one's feet. I'll bet your feet were charred.

Comment

I think you will find thousands of searcher who will trade their solve for the trove.

Please do not worry, everyone is the right solve that takes you to the rainbows end.

Comment

There you go, assuming.
              I sure wouldn't believe without being told, and I never liked being teased. But feel free to post away. You have an audience here, although it may be shrinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy View Post

Given your current avatar, I can see you're making a serious point. The forces of nature rule, especially when they strike the ground at one's feet. I'll bet your feet were charred.
                Good one (current).

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

There you go, assuming.
                  I sure wouldn't believe without being told, and I never liked being teased. But feel free to post away. You have an audience here, although it may be shrinking.
                  Well, while scouting the mountains & valley last weekend, we were shown the direction of new territory explore. This place was at a relatively significant distance from our anchor point. After finding some eye patches and rolling chain, myself and I set off; beginning the jaunt exhausted and knowing we'd likely need help getting out of there alive. After hours of scouting, we decided that survival depended on hiking a straight line to the nearest location we could hitch a ride back to our put-in. Before long, the dark underside of a cumulonimbus established itself directly overhead. No rain was falling, but the sky appeared quite ominous. Then, without the slightest of warning signs: FLASHBOOM!!! Lightning struck within EXTREMEMLY close proximity. My body wasn't struck directly, but acquired charge similar to St. Elmo's fire. Our hiking poles were buzzing and hair was reaching for the sky. After discharging the fuzz into a creek, we hitched a ride back to civilization. Post scout trip research led to the map discovery of an elusive spot... and shocking realization of its proximity to the lightning strike... and a backpack in a ditch.

Comment

I entered the Chase in January 2016 with the news of Randy Bilyeu going MIA, and decided to try to take on the challenge to track down and haul in the chest:
                    1. before anymore unprepared searchers lost their lives chasing it and
                    2. I really could use the money.

Unfortunately, four others risked their lives and lost before it was eventually "found", and I still really could use the money.
                    Last edited by Redneck Express; 06-14-2021, 02:05 PM.

Comment

I'm having a difficult time answering OP's original question to this thread. Trove or solution to the poem? Well, what is the "trove" mentioned in f's poem? Is it the advertised treasure chest plus goodies in TTOTC, including f's jarred autobiography? Is it other artifacts, treasure and/or artwork of some sort?

I would really like to know the actual solution to the poem, but I would like to know what this "trove" is before answering.

Comment

Well, while scouting the mountains & valley last weekend, we were shown the direction of new territory explore. This place was at a relatively significant distance from our anchor point. After finding some eye patches and rolling chain, myself and I set off; beginning the jaunt exhausted and knowing we'd likely need help getting out of there alive. After hours of scouting, we decided that survival depended on hiking a straight line to the nearest location we could hitch a ride back to our put-in. Before long, the dark underside of a cumulonimbus established itself directly overhead. No rain was falling, but the sky appeared quite ominous. Then, without the slightest of warning signs: FLASHBOOM!!! Lightning struck within EXTREMEMLY close proximity. My body wasn't struck directly, but acquired charge similar to St. Elmo's fire. Our hiking poles were buzzing and hair was reaching for the sky. After discharging the fuzz into a creek, we hitched a ride back to civilization. Post scout trip research led to the map discovery of an elusive spot... and shocking realization of its proximity to the lightning strike... and a backpack in a ditch.
                        Wow, if you're hair is standing on end, you have a serious, electrical charge. Been pretty close myself on a few occasions, you know like feel a little static before the flash boom (good way to describe it). Kind of learned the hard way to plan my mountain hikes early in the morning, and be able to skedaddle for low ground around noon or so.

Comment

Originally posted by MZ007 View Post

Wow, if you're hair is standing on end, you have a serious, electrical charge. Been pretty close myself on a few occasions, you know like feel a little static before the flash boom (good way to describe it). Kind of learned the hard way to plan my mountain hikes early in the morning, and be able to skedaddle for low ground around noon or so.
                          This was this closest I've ever been. And you're right: that fuzzy feeling should happen BEFORE the strike. Nothing before, but immediately at and after in this case. My arms felt tingly so I immediately thought I had been hit by a side stroke, but I looked down at my arms and my hairs were being pulled upward so hard that the pores in my skin were stretching like giant goose bumps. Freaky. I ran downhill and got to a stream and as soon as I stepped foot in the water, I was de-charged like a switch turned it off.

Comment

Thank you for sharing this information about that experience. I hope it helps people avoid becoming victims of lightning strikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Express View Post
                              I entered the Chase in January 2016 with the news of Randy Bilyeu going MIA, and decided to try to take on the challenge to track down and haul in the chest:
                              1. before anymore unprepared searchers lost their lives chasing it and
                              2. I really could use the money.

Unfortunately, four others risked their lives and lost before it was eventually "found", and I still really could use the money.
                              Are you still in this challenge?

Comment

Originally posted by MZ007 View Post

I suggest you watch the sky, instead of the clock.

Comment

Working...
                                X