Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's more important to you, the trove or the solution to the poem? Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's more important to you, the trove or the solution to the poem? Why?

In my opinion, the trove. It can be sold, and the money used for something useful -- for example, helping people (in theory, at least).

Solving the poem was a very challenging task.
    Thousands of people are still struggling with the solution.
    But I won't charge them for all this help.
    Begin it in the home of Brown where warm waters halt.

Comment

It shouldn't be an either/or-question... the combo is the jackpot! I wouldn't want the trove without a solve and how much value a solve without a trove can have... well, we see it with all the solvers...
      „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
      G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
        In my opinion, the trove. It can be sold, and the money used for something useful -- for example, helping people (in theory, at least).
        The solution. The solution was the reason for the Chase, the Chest was merely a lure for people to solve the Poem. The solution can be marketed and sold for way beyond the value of the chest.

Comment

The solve. I’m not rich, but fortunate to be secure, and others need the trove $ more than I do. For me, it is all about solving, interpreting, figuring out, learning about history, words, geology, geography, artifacts, native cultures, art, and more.

Comment

I like having something to show for effort, and I love money, so, the trove.

Comment

I'm sure you know.

Comment

With the probability of being statistically outnumbered, I thought it better to go find the treasure, then solve the poem. Bit of a backward bipolar method.

Comment

I have no interest in the trove. I considered what possession would require: securing, obtaining valuations, selling, but mostly, the disruption I feel as a burden. Look at the attention Stuef is getting.
                  No thanks. Solving the hunt is enough. It is a personal challenge to solve a puzzle and to expect no other reward than satisfaction of conquering it. That is enough.

Comment

I’d say the solution. I don’t crave the trove as much as I need the solution. I guess it’s in my nature to feel the need to track it down. It’s quite literal in what I do as a profession so I guess that makes sense.

Comment

The trove . Period end of story. I know how to share my wealth . All of the best searchers and friends of Mr. Fenn would get kicked down for sure . They would find something in their mailbox without ever having to ask . Helping people is numero uno in my book .

Comment

For me the solve. I did send my solve to the old FF mailadress months ago hoping somebody in his legacy still has access to it. In that mail I also asked to donate the complete value of the treasure to at least 4 charities.

Comment

Or let's say you are among the finalists at the World Series of Poker, with millions in cash in front of you for the taking, would you say you are mainly in it for the championship ring? Like the cash is just incidental- as many of them do.

Comment

I would say trove but only if I have figured the solve out

Comment

I believe they both go together and are inseparable. Well . . . that is, unless you cut them apart. Then they would be a . . . oh, never mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X