Forrest's First Treasure. Peggy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forrest's First Treasure. Peggy.

in an interview forrest states " the first treasure i ever found was a 17 year old girl in temple texas going to high school. her name was peggy proctor."

just before, he speaks of his childhood in yellowstone with a casual expression on his face, and then he answers the interviewer's next question," describe the first treasure you ever found." and when he responds, forrest lights up, his face fills with joy, then almost a chesire cat smile appears.

imo, most of the gold in the chest was just coins/nuggets and for a collector that valued art and artifacts and was rich, gold is just gold. (value today 22 troy pounds = 400,000+, back then way less)
    the bracelet has huge providence and had an exciting history, for example.
    thats why forrest valued it over the other things in the chest.
    the other gold items where historic and cool but had little value/attachment to forrest.
    he regretted putting the bracelet in the chest.

collectors like rare things, one of a kind things, unique things and hate parting with what they, find desirable/unique.

maybe forrest hid a chest full of gold, a "treasure", but his treasure, what he treasured most, "my treasure", was peggy.
    he would never give that away.

was there a special place he went with peggy?

Last edited by Fennder Bender; 06-11-2021, 12:12 AM.

Ignore capitalization, and you won't find the trove.
    There was a special place Forrest went. With Peggy.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
      i am a literary rebel. caps are for english teachers.

Comment

Its nice he took her under his wing...

Comment

https://youtu.be/zPR_zlhg0o4
          He wasn’t playing either. She’s the first

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
            pics or it didn’t happen

Comment

Originally posted by Fennder Bender View Post
              in an interview forrest states " the first treasure i ever found was a 17 year old girl in temple texas going to high school. her name was peggy proctor."

just before, he speaks of his childhood in yellowstone with a casual expression on his face, and then he answers the interviewer's next question," describe the first treasure you ever found." and when he responds, forrest lights up, his face fills with joy, then almost a chesire cat smile appears.

imo, most of the gold in the chest was just coins/nuggets and for a collector that valued art and artifacts and was rich, gold is just gold. (value today 22 troy pounds = 400,000+, back then way less)
              the bracelet has huge providence and had an exciting history, for example.
              thats why forrest valued it over the other things in the chest.
              the other gold items where historic and cool but had little value/attachment to forrest.
              he regretted putting the bracelet in the chest.

collectors like rare things, one of a kind things, unique things and hate parting with what they, find desirable/unique.

maybe forrest hid a chest full of gold, a "treasure", but his treasure, what he treasured most, "my treasure", was peggy.
              he would never give that away.

was there a special place he went with peggy?

Fennder Bender - Here is why Forrest liked to talk about the turquoise row bracelet with 22 beads. (2)

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210417_140649.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	302269

Comment

Originally posted by blackjack21 View Post

pics or it didn’t happen
                With a texting gadget and a news paper with dates displaying right

Comment

Originally posted by Broken arrow View Post

With a texting gadget and a news paper with dates displaying right
                  y’all are some scary mf-er’s lol

Comment

I agree OP, and think it's worth keeping in mind. (IMO) That box, and the filler minus the bracelet and the autobiography, were not treasured by F. It was disposable. His material treasures were on display and touched and told about. "my treasures bold" isn't the chest. (again imo)

Comment

Originally posted by blackjack21 View Post

y’all are some scary mf-er’s lol
                      How did come up with that?

Comment

Maybe Forrest telling Dal he drove within 300 feet of the "treasure chest" could have just meant Peggy (i.e. Peggy's chest).

Comment

Originally posted by JEffjeFF View Post
                          I agree OP, and think it's worth keeping in mind. (IMO) That box, and the filler minus the bracelet and the autobiography, were not treasured by F. It was disposable. His material treasures were on display and touched and told about. "my treasures bold" isn't the chest. (again imo)
                          that is my thinking.
                          that bracelet is likely the most valuable piece of fred harvey associated jewelry on the planet.
                          authentic fred harvey jewelry is very valuable, even thought he did not make this bracelet the providence is huge.
                          the memoirs where everything to forrest aswell.
                          the gold is just gold, only worth what what someone will pay.

Comment

This was a HUGE hint.......Forrest's first treasure was Peggy....On the inside cover of TTOTC....you see a picture of the treasure chest....to the left...an innocent postmark....or was it?? the date was December 27th......all students know that was the day Forrest "punched way above his weight" by marrying Peggy.....so his marriage was his treasure!!! answer what word would a person of Forrest's generation use to describe a marriage made in heaven?? answer this correctly and you get a confirming hint solidifying you to within 1 mile of the chest....

Comment

Well which one is it her or his first arrow head he found with his father. ?? Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X