Under appreciated part of the chase.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under appreciated part of the chase.

I think what is the most under appreciated part of the chase is the education those of us who chose to solve the poem attained. For example what is the difference between a canyon, a ravine, a gulley and a draw. I have a geological draw as part of my answer and had to look up what it meant. I had an idea but wasn’t exactly sure. This is just an example of the myriad of things I had to look up and learn about. I am sure everybody has their own.

Originally posted by TimW View Post
    I think what is the most under appreciated part of the chase is the education those of us who chose to solve the poem attained. For example what is the difference between a canyon, a ravine, a gulley and a draw. I have a geological draw as part of my answer and had to look up what it meant. I had an idea but wasn’t exactly sure. This is just an example of the myriad of things I had to look up and learn about. I am sure everybody has their own.
    Good point. I agree with this.

Comment

Very true! I homeschool my kids, and we've used the chase to teach history, geography, geology, orienteering, map reading, vocabulary, etc., and they enjoy it too!
      To be right for someone, you have to be willing to be wrong for someone else.

Comment

Education vs knowledge.
        Is there a difference?
        I learned me alot about so many things - it has been simply amazing.
        So much so that what I have learned in the past has been running out of my ears - I simply have run out of memory.

Comment

I’ve learned more than a little about the history of the Southwest including Spanish colonization. Oh, the Land Grand thing is fun also.

FP

Comment

Fughettaboutit.... My kids and I are walking , talking sets of Encyclopedia's . If this was the 80's , we would just go door to door selling OURSELVES ....I kid you not , what we learned all together , comes close , if not surpasses my education with 12 years of public schooling ...

Comment

Great post OP! I think f would be smiling to read that. For two reasons, 1. the face value and good vibes - he wanted to enrich other's lives and 2. I think he designed the poem so that you learn a specific skill in the process of figuring the solution. I suspect orienteering but it could be several things.

Comment

Originally posted by TimW View Post
                Don't forget box canyon, slot canyon, blind canyon, valley, bluff, etc.

Comment

Working...
                X