X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wwwamericana
    replied
    Originally posted by JBJB View Post
    Walking Among Lions I agree that it is allegory. Don't know if F operated this way, but it's not a wild assumption to presume that he reinforced his meaning through repetition.

A few notes about SB207
    (1) Fulfilling experience, consumed me, I am drawn to Mr. Sharp. Similar to SB229 the more I studied the beads the more I was drawn into them. Similar to I touched them with my eyes and became part of it of Gypsy Magic. Similar to enrich others with whom I interact My War for Me. Similar to SB221 enter me. Sort of similar to we got to be a pretty good team of Totem Cafe Caper. Sort of similar to Jeep team of SB219. Sort of similar to SB209 I can relate to the dolls.
    (2) Rules. Rules found in some of the contemporaneous scrapbooks. As well as SB99.5.
    (3) Stays intact. Don't mess with my poem? Keep architecture intact? I thought hut = poem, entire hut, including hammer.
    (4) Floorboards; footnote of history; footing. Footnote in book never written in TTOTC. Asterisk.
    (5) Thank you token talisman. Very similar item in Jenny's featured question 1/5/15: jade "slick." SB99.5 Kongo nail fetish. Dolls in SB209 have fetishes and amulets secreted. SB222 Zuni back fetish. SB229 medicinal mojo necklace. <Gypsy magic> and <totem> cafe in TTOTC.
    (6) Well-ordered because an interesting footnote to history had unfolded right there in front of me AND sometimes you have to grab a misplaced tradition by the tail and rearrange it back like it's supposed to be. I consider two sentences as important pair. Grab by tail and sound of the beginning of talisman. Tail: Bessie, Hit Parade, mirror and turn of TTOTC Preface, reversed George Washington, SB47 clues are backward, SB99.5 mirrors and directions, SB107 addressee, SB126 mirrored photo, SB151 land mirroring sky and Perseus, SB177 other side of Eric and mirrored signature, SB211 car mirror, SB216 reverse image etching including signature, backwards bicycle smarter every day, and some others.

Not sure where F is going with these repeated ideas.
    Perhaps he believed in recycling - ya know he said he was quite an environmentalist.....

Leave a comment:

• FennPoint
    replied

Do you really think anyone will be satisfied? I told Forrest, no matter what you do, even if there is video footage of the recovery, even if the solve is logically detailed and explained and supported by evidence, you will still have people who won't believe. In fact, I told Forrest, the solution will be too fantastic for people to believe. Maybe, the only way people will believe the solution is if the bells are located by searchers to help support the solution? Maybe.[/QUOTE]

You’ve asked 2 questions. “Will anyone be satisfied?” Yes, video footage showing the find will satisfy many, if not most. An explanation from Forrest explaining the 9 clues would also satisfy the great majority.

Yes, perhaps there will be a small minority who refuse to buy in. I’d be satisfied with answers that work for 75% and above. I’m practical like dat.

FP

Leave a comment:

• Walking Among Lions
    replied
    Originally posted by FennPoint View Post

I have long considered this sentence to be Forrest’s “tell”. Acknowledging he was admitting to himself or us or both - he wanted the Chest found in his lifetime and he was about to change things up. More hints, easier hints. As you will recall, SB 207 began “the Great Scrapbook Storm of Fall 2019.” Forrest dropped some hints never before seen in Scrapbooks.

No one knew anything of COVID when he wrote those words so I believe he was pushing the Chase to conclude in summer 2020.

If my assessment of his motivations is correct, then the Chase was interrupted by COVID. That gives me reason to believe “this ain’t over just yet.” There is a satisfactory finale yet to come.

FP
    Do you really think anyone will be satisfied? I told Forrest, no matter what you do, even if there is video footage of the recovery, even if the solve is logically detailed and explained and supported by evidence, you will still have people who won't believe. In fact, I told Forrest, the solution will be too fantastic for people to believe. Maybe, the only way people will believe the solution is if the bells are located by searchers to help support the solution? Maybe.

Leave a comment:

• FennPoint
    replied
    Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
    allegory
    What is allegory? Definition: A story that symbolically addresses current issues. A story with a hidden moral meaning.

Forrest used allegories to describe past, current and future events. These stories occurred in his books as well as his scrapbooks. Scrapbook 207 is a perfect example of him using figurative language and an Allegory to describe what happened to the treasure chest.

In Scrapbook 207, Forrest talks about the finding of a hammer under the Sharp cabin when it was moved from it's previous location to the Cody Museum. Forrest instructed the Museum Curator to make sure the hammer was placed back under the floorboards when the cabin was installed in the museum. One day while visiting, Forrest went in the cabin and found the hammer on the mantle with a tag. Not pleased, Forrest had the Curator help him place the hammer back under the cabin, under a footer of the cabin.

Forrest ends with the following quotes

"Sometimes you have to just grab a misplaced tradition by the tail and rearrange it back like it's supposed to be. f"

I have long considered this sentence to be Forrest’s “tell”. Acknowledging he was admitting to himself or us or both - he wanted the Chest found in his lifetime and he was about to change things up. More hints, easier hints. As you will recall, SB 207 began “the Great Scrapbook Storm of Fall 2019.” Forrest dropped some hints never before seen in Scrapbooks.

No one knew anything of COVID when he wrote those words so I believe he was pushing the Chase to conclude in summer 2020.

If my assessment of his motivations is correct, then the Chase was interrupted by COVID. That gives me reason to believe “this ain’t over just yet.” There is a satisfactory finale yet to come.

FP

Leave a comment:

• JBJB
    replied
    Walking Among Lions I agree that it is allegory. Don't know if F operated this way, but it's not a wild assumption to presume that he reinforced his meaning through repetition.

A few notes about SB207
    (1) Fulfilling experience, consumed me, I am drawn to Mr. Sharp. Similar to SB229 the more I studied the beads the more I was drawn into them. Similar to I touched them with my eyes and became part of it of Gypsy Magic. Similar to enrich others with whom I interact My War for Me. Similar to SB221 enter me. Sort of similar to we got to be a pretty good team of Totem Cafe Caper. Sort of similar to Jeep team of SB219. Sort of similar to SB209 I can relate to the dolls.
    (2) Rules. Rules found in some of the contemporaneous scrapbooks. As well as SB99.5.
    (3) Stays intact. Don't mess with my poem? Keep architecture intact? I thought hut = poem, entire hut, including hammer.
    (4) Floorboards; footnote of history; footing. Footnote in book never written in TTOTC. Asterisk.
    (5) Thank you token talisman. Very similar item in Jenny's featured question 1/5/15: jade "slick." SB99.5 Kongo nail fetish. Dolls in SB209 have fetishes and amulets secreted. SB222 Zuni back fetish. SB229 medicinal mojo necklace. <Gypsy magic> and <totem> cafe in TTOTC.
    (6) Well-ordered because an interesting footnote to history had unfolded right there in front of me AND sometimes you have to grab a misplaced tradition by the tail and rearrange it back like it's supposed to be. I consider two sentences as important pair. Grab by tail and sound of the beginning of talisman. Tail: Bessie, Hit Parade, mirror and turn of TTOTC Preface, reversed George Washington, SB47 clues are backward, SB99.5 mirrors and directions, SB107 addressee, SB126 mirrored photo, SB151 land mirroring sky and Perseus, SB177 other side of Eric and mirrored signature, SB211 car mirror, SB216 reverse image etching including signature, backwards bicycle smarter every day, and some others.

Not sure where F is going with these repeated ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Walking Among Lions
    started a topic Scrapbook 207 - Allegory

Scrapbook 207 - Allegory

allegory
    What is allegory? Definition: A story that symbolically addresses current issues. A story with a hidden moral meaning.

Forrest used allegories to describe past, current and future events. These stories occurred in his books as well as his scrapbooks. Scrapbook 207 is a perfect example of him using figurative language and an Allegory to describe what happened to the treasure chest.

In Scrapbook 207, Forrest talks about the finding of a hammer under the Sharp cabin when it was moved from it's previous location to the Cody Museum. Forrest instructed the Museum Curator to make sure the hammer was placed back under the floorboards when the cabin was installed in the museum. One day while visiting, Forrest went in the cabin and found the hammer on the mantle with a tag. Not pleased, Forrest had the Curator help him place the hammer back under the cabin, under a footer of the cabin.

Forrest ends with the following quotes

"Sometimes you have to just grab a misplaced tradition by the tail and rearrange it back like it's supposed to be. f"

"There is some reason to believe that the hammer was later retrieved and placed inside the cabin. I don't know. f"

"My treasure chest in not associated with any structure, and it has not been retrieved or moved since I first hid it. f"

My theory is this. The hammer is a metaphor to represent the treasure chest and the story is basically describing the events of Forrest and another person going to the treasure location, digging it up and placing it someplace secure. Forrest knew this might be construed as an Allegory so he lied in the last quote so people would not go and tear up the Sharp Cabin. However, the Allegory is still mostly true and describes Forrest retrieving (Hijacking it) the chest, with help and hiding (Caching) it. Just not in Wyoming.

I'd be interested to hear how other people might interpret other Scrapbooks as Allegories. It could be a fun exercise in creative imagination. Warning, it is not for the serious at heart. Lighten up and don't be so rigid in your thinking.
Working...
X