Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hint that became a Train

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Hint that became a Train

    Someone asked for hints that supported wwwh so here's the best one I know.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Moon

    On page 69 of ttotc is the chapter Stout-Hearted Men. Forrest is pictured in military uniform.

    There are Illustrations of the lyrics, and of college boys singing songs around a campfire, songs like Romberg wrote. (SHM).

    Stout-Hearted Men is a song from the operetta New Moon (1928) which played on Broadway.

    The New Moon is a prison ship that goes aground on the Isle of Pines.

    Rio de los Pinos means River of Pines.

    The Cumbres-Toltec train track parallels the Los Pinos river for several miles.
    The trains stop at Osier for lunch and the river can be crossed down below..

    This is the kind of hint/clue that required several research steps to pin down and verify.


  • #2
    Originally posted by larsonist View Post
    Someone asked for hints that supported wwwh so here's the best one I know.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Moon

    On page 69 of ttotc is the chapter Stout-Hearted Men. Forrest is pictured in military uniform.

    There are Illustrations of the lyrics, and of college boys singing songs around a campfire, songs like Romberg wrote. (SHM).

    Stout-Hearted Men is a song from the operetta New Moon (1928) which played on Broadway.

    The New Moon is a prison ship that goes aground on the Isle of Pines.

    Rio de los Pinos means River of Pines.

    The Cumbres-Toltec train track parallels the Los Pinos river for several miles.
    The trains stop at Osier for lunch and the river can be crossed down below..

    This is the kind of hint/clue that required several research steps to pin down and verify.
    I don't think the Cumbres-Toltec railroad will continue to exist for thousands of years, so it can't be a hint or clue, in my opinion. But I might want to ride on that railroad some day.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by larsonist View Post
      Someone asked for hints that supported wwwh so here's the best one I know.

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Moon

      On page 69 of ttotc is the chapter Stout-Hearted Men. Forrest is pictured in military uniform.

      There are Illustrations of the lyrics, and of college boys singing songs around a campfire, songs like Romberg wrote. (SHM).

      Stout-Hearted Men is a song from the operetta New Moon (1928) which played on Broadway.

      The New Moon is a prison ship that goes aground on the Isle of Pines.

      Rio de los Pinos means River of Pines.

      The Cumbres-Toltec train track parallels the Los Pinos river for several miles.
      The trains stop at Osier for lunch and the river can be crossed down below..

      This is the kind of hint/clue that required several research steps to pin down and verify.
      interesting

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

        I don't think the Cumbres-Toltec railroad will continue to exist for thousands of years, so it can't be a hint or clue, in my opinion. But I might want to ride on that railroad some day.
        Well it was a damn good clue for 10 years! I wasn't quite worthy of it.
        The train is a great experience. I watch it leave the depot about once a week; bought a ticket in '78.
        http://www.coloradonewmexicosteamtra...horizontal.htm

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by larsonist View Post

          Well it was a damn good clue for 10 years! I wasn't quite worthy of it.
          The train is a great experience. I watch it leave the depot about once a week; bought a ticket in '78.
          http://www.coloradonewmexicosteamtra...horizontal.htm
          Holy Wow Larsonist !! If you scroll to the bottom of the page it says .................................................. .................................................. .........wait for it .............


          Chili Line . Next to chili line are what ? Numbers with # signs ie #256 ............

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Fenndery View Post

            Holy Wow Larsonist !! If you scroll to the bottom of the page it says .................................................. .................................................. .........wait for it .............
            Chili Line . Next to chili line are what ? Numbers with # signs ie #256 ............
            It's just the clock. You've seen clocks before, right? tick, tock, tick, tock.......

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by larsonist View Post
              Someone asked for hints that supported wwwh so here's the best one I know.

              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Moon

              On page 69 of ttotc is the chapter Stout-Hearted Men. Forrest is pictured in military uniform.

              There are Illustrations of the lyrics, and of college boys singing songs around a campfire, songs like Romberg wrote. (SHM).

              Stout-Hearted Men is a song from the operetta New Moon (1928) which played on Broadway.

              The New Moon is a prison ship that goes aground on the Isle of Pines.

              Rio de los Pinos means River of Pines.

              The Cumbres-Toltec train track parallels the Los Pinos river for several miles.
              The trains stop at Osier for lunch and the river can be crossed down below..

              This is the kind of hint/clue that required several research steps to pin down and verify.
              I had a wwwh based on New Moon as well. Mine was www halts disease at Ten Thousand Waves spa in NM. The song in TTOTC was written in a wave pattern and of course in the lyrics it mentions 10,000 men. There’s a room there named New Moon. You can see a video of the room on YouTube by someone who stayed there. My imagination led me to believe you start at that room. The Old Santa Fe Trail is out the door. I imagined that Forrest went there after his cancer diagnosis to begin his healing journey. The description in home page of the spa mentioned in a piñon forest etc.........

              Comment


              • #8
                I think you used the circle incorrectly.
                If a motif is 'symbols used to hide' then maybe the circle is hiding the true meaning of Romberg.
                There should be clues if that is the case.
                The circle is around the bonfire. Stack Naked! With the boys herded close.
                A Romberg test is used to detect problems with balance, body positioning.
                He further uses a symbol. How many times did he mention money as coins? money is a symbol for coin.
                Finance paid attention and was calling him out.
                To avoid detection he fled, tripping twice by getting tangled in a wall of lines. He failed the Romberg Test.
                if you pay attention you are shipshape..
                The waves of the type, etc
                I feel like this is messing up on a power 10 via fouling oars twice. Thus pointing to rowing. Even if my interpretation is, as likely, not correct, the method is correct.

                I surely don't have it worked out. But I am convinced motif, symbol and theme are what is meant by good hints and aberrations. Figuring out how he uses them in the book will show you how to use them in the poem.


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by larsonist View Post
                  Someone asked for hints that supported wwwh so here's the best one I know.

                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Moon

                  On page 69 of ttotc is the chapter Stout-Hearted Men. Forrest is pictured in military uniform.

                  There are Illustrations of the lyrics, and of college boys singing songs around a campfire, songs like Romberg wrote. (SHM).

                  Stout-Hearted Men is a song from the operetta New Moon (1928) which played on Broadway.

                  The New Moon is a prison ship that goes aground on the Isle of Pines.

                  Rio de los Pinos means River of Pines.

                  The Cumbres-Toltec train track parallels the Los Pinos river for several miles.
                  The trains stop at Osier for lunch and the river can be crossed down below..

                  This is the kind of hint/clue that required several research steps to pin down and verify.
                  larsonist - If Forrest said TTOTC was enough to lead an average person to the treasure, the poem was all that was needed and no specialized knowledge needed except a comprehensive understanding of geography, don't you think you crossed the line and ended up outside the box?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

                    I don't think the Cumbres-Toltec railroad will continue to exist for thousands of years, so it can't be a hint or clue, in my opinion. But I might want to ride on that railroad some day.
                    Hear here (hear)!

                    and hke to f's yurt!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Goldilocks View Post

                      I had a wwwh based on New Moon as well. Mine was www halts disease at Ten Thousand Waves spa in NM. The song in TTOTC was written in a wave pattern and of course in the lyrics it mentions 10,000 men. There’s a room there named New Moon. You can see a video of the room on YouTube by someone who stayed there. My imagination led me to believe you start at that room. The Old Santa Fe Trail is out the door. I imagined that Forrest went there after his cancer diagnosis to begin his healing journey. The description in home page of the spa mentioned in a piñon forest etc.........
                      I actually looked at that back in 2017/18

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Hear me all View Post

                        larsonist - If Forrest said TTOTC was enough to lead an average person to the treasure, the poem was all that was needed and no specialized knowledge needed except a comprehensive understanding of geography, don't you think you crossed the line and ended up outside the box?
                        no

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Goldilocks View Post

                          I had a wwwh based on New Moon as well. Mine was www halts disease at Ten Thousand Waves spa in NM. The song in TTOTC was written in a wave pattern and of course in the lyrics it mentions 10,000 men. There’s a room there named New Moon. You can see a video of the room on YouTube by someone who stayed there. My imagination led me to believe you start at that room. The Old Santa Fe Trail is out the door. I imagined that Forrest went there after his cancer diagnosis to begin his healing journey. The description in home page of the spa mentioned in a piñon forest etc.........
                          I like the way you put your clues together, very basic and down-to-earth. I don't completely agree with this but it sure beats hidden words found in the poem. Salud!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X