A light bulb went off today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A light bulb went off today...

So, even though I’ve run these words through my mind, over and over again through the years, a light bulb went off today...

I know I’ve been chided for STILL believing that New Mexico was ALWAYS the state the chest was in, in fact, I do believe my site IS still the site (I know, as everyone else says), BUT, I think we really need to focus and re-visit some of what Forrest said early on.

“Somewhere in the MOUNTAINS north of Santa Fe.”

That WAS what was said in the beginning. Also, the only “map” in TTOTC was of New Mexico.

Just hear me out for a second...

Forrest later changed it to the “Rocky Mountains.”
    So, today, a thought came to mind...
    If this is INDEED true, I believe “No place for the Meek” actually DOES refer to the mountain man Joseph Meek. Robert Newell is quoted as saying to Jospeh Meek, “The fur trade is dead in the Rocky Mountains, and it is NO PLACE for us, if it ever was.”

I believe this could possibly confirm a couple things. When you BEGIN your journey, following the poem, you are either alongside, or close to an actual mountain that is in the Rocky Mountain system. “From there, it’s no place for the Meek” is the point you’re heading towards, onto, or next to a mountain. Before that, you’re not “in” the mountains or on a mountain. It’s only at THAT specific point in the poem that you are actually walking towards the mountain. So, WWWH, TIITCD, NFBTFTW, and PIBTHOB are all very close and not in the mountains. Holy frick, I’m having a horrible time trying to explain this, but Forrest could have broadened everything by saying “Rocky Mountains” later because he was worried about it narrowing the area down too soon. I guess what I’m trying to say is that the actual “mountains” are probably not well known, but are a part of the Rocky Mountain System.

He said north of Santa Fe to keep the crazies away from his property, not to imply NM.

Comment

Originally posted by Not4but242Walk View Post
      He said north of Santa Fe to keep the crazies away from his property, not to imply NM.
      Yeah...

So that’s why there was never a map, until Too Far To Walk. The only other map, during the time of THAT quote about being in the “mountains” north of Santa Fe, was of treasure on top of the New Mexico map in TTOTC. It wasn’t until later that he “changed” that. So, by your statement, he wasn’t worried about crazies until later, or he was also worried that he gave way too big of a hint. Sorry to burst your plane crash bubble.

Comment

My living room ceiling light flickers for a few seconds after I turn it on every morning, but then it’s good for the rest of the day. I am pretty sure it’s a compact fluorescent bulb. If it were an incandescent bulb, it’d probably just pop and go out and I’d have to replace it. They say the compact fluorescents last longer, but I’m not sure if the flickering-when-turned-on is part of that lifespan calculation. Something to think about.

It’s really good to see you post something about the poem, instead of scrapbooks or pictures of things that do not look at all like omegas.

I eliminated, no, that’s not right - I concluded, absent extraordinary supporting evidence - that the likelihood that meek refers to the name Meek is very low, due to the fact that Brown is capitalized in the poem, and I believe it was capitalized because it refers to a proper noun. If meek were meant to refer to someone’s name, it too would be capitalized. So goes my thinking, anyway.

I also applaud you for searching outside of the state of Wyoming.

Comment

I think I'm wet bulbing... brrrr.

Comment

Dude , on point as always . . Ok , now i am gonna have a hard time explaining this , but here goes . That Joseph Meeks quote led me to , i forget what the name was , but an old trapper who ended up by Cougar Pass , close to eagles nest , ended up murdering his wife and kids , he was a guide who took people through a , at the time , tough mountain pass . I mixed him up with Meeks and thought " It S(NO)W place for the Meek, led me to that ski area in the same area , and led me down the scenic route to my spot .

Point being , for me , EVERY SINGLE clue , hint , words , posts , all hinted and directed me to Northern NM . Even when I tried to NOT be led , there , its still did .

Comment

Originally posted by Fenndery View Post
              Dude , on point as always . . Ok , now i am gonna have a hard time explaining this , but here goes . That Joseph Meeks quote led me to , i forget what the name was , but an old trapper who ended up by Cougar Pass , close to eagles nest , ended up murdering his wife and kids , he was a guide who took people through a , at the time , tough mountain pass . I mixed him up with Meeks and thought " It S(NO)W place for the Meek, led me to that ski area in the same area , and led me down the scenic route to my spot .

Point being , for me , EVERY SINGLE clue , hint , words , posts , all hinted and directed me to Northern NM . Even when I tried to NOT be led , there , its still did .
              Northern New Mexico for sure bro. We should talk one of these days. I found the spot I went to over and over again by following the poem. I found out some stuff that happened there that totally ties it to Fenn finding it during his time in the Air Force. I put in a FOIA request four days ago and am hoping to hear something back at some point.

Comment

Sorry for your loss, please accept my condolences...

Comment

I am also a firm believer that the treasure was buried/hidden in New Mexico. I made a video explaining my reasons here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ph_oAal1fk
                  Maybe we should start a New Mexico Believers Support Group (N.M.B.S.G). Meet once a month. Drink coffee and eat biscuits. Convince ourselves that we are right and everybody else is wrong!
                  Just joking of course!

Comment

Originally posted by Batiste Vex View Post
                    I am also a firm believer that the treasure was buried/hidden in New Mexico. I made a video explaining my reasons here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ph_oAal1fk
                    Maybe we should start a New Mexico Believers Support Group (N.M.B.S.G). Meet once a month. Drink coffee and eat biscuits. Convince ourselves that we are right and everybody else is wrong!
                    Just joking of course!
                    I believe Forrest. He told us it wasn't. If you don't believe him, then why use other things he said to support your conclusion?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Eyes View Post

Sorry for your loss, please accept my condolences...
                      Well thank you . I appreciate it very much . It sure has been a struggle enduring your posts , words , ideas , theories , solves , conspiracies , beliefs , thoughts . I am positive there are others who would invite you to help them feel better about being a member of a club you are a member ,,,,,,,,,,(now , don't snowflake out on me , k bro ? You walked into that 1 , I HAD to knock it out of the park !)

Comment

Well thank you . I appreciate it very much . It sure has been a struggle enduring your posts , words , ideas , theories , solves , conspiracies , beliefs , thoughts . I am positive there are others who would invite you to help them feel better about being a member of a club you are a member ,,,,,,,,,,(now , don't snowflake out on me , k bro ? You walked into that 1 , I HAD to knock it out of the park !)
                        In light of your response, I further extend my condolences.

Did you lose sight of the prize the moment you saw the gold?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Eyes View Post

In light of your response, I further extend my condolences.

Did you lose sight of the prize the moment you saw the gold?
                          Boo hiss . Boo....Cmon bro , why so serious all of a sudden ?

Comment

So I'm strolling through the woods imagining a wet bulb sock sling as my muddy boots squeak with each step. . . only to lose that train of thought when I'm rudely interrupted by some racket in the distance. Oh well. What is a sexagon anyways? I've never heard of one, but am intrigued as the thought enters my brain. Huh. It's been a while since I've heard from little ghost. Oh well, this racket has got to go. What the hell is going on. Oh! I look down and catch a glimpse of Mr. Pecker going to town on a tree. Woody flew away before my brain caught up with my eyes. Damn! I've never seen a hole so deep! I sure hope Mr. Pecker found what he was looking for... he almost made it to the other side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Woodyhole.PNG
Views:	203
Size:	808.4 KB
ID:	301874

Comment

A sexagon is what happens after you say I do.

Comment

Working...
                              X