Who died and could keep the secret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who died and could keep the secret

I no not open many new threads. But I have a question…..what do you think of my fairy tale?
    The phrase « two can keep a secret if one of them is dead » is IMO part of the solve of the poem.
    In my theory the dead person can lead you to the general area of the poem and then to the hiding spot if you follow the clues of the poem.
    This means that the starting point WWWH should coïncide with the area where this person died.
    This person should have a great importance in FF’ s memory. Important but also a little bit annoying or delicate, because FF told us that why his hiding spot where he wanted to die, was so important for him, was first included and afterwards removed from his memoir in the olive jar in the chest, “for personal reasons”.
    In the same context, I can associate warm waters with feelings of love, and cold with death.
    Could it be that Forrest at the age of 21 somewhere found his very first true love, but that she died at the age of 19 only months later, after he joined the army? (He was not yet engaged with Peggy at that time, only dating from time to time). Is it possible he met this girl for the first time in the summer of 1950 when she rented a sleeping place in his room at Sun Valley (Idaho), where Forrest had a vacation-job. The girl was born in Pocatello (Idaho) buth since some years her family moved to Wyoming, where she died at the age of 19.

My question is: do you think that the poem is linked with this story, or such a story of love and death?

Last edited by jan_v60; 06-09-2021, 04:48 PM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	334304.jpeg
Views:	359
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	301396

Comment

I initially thought the person who died was Eric Sloane, which led me to Manhattan, MT and Central Park, MT, "crossing the street"/highway down to the Gallatin Canyon. Sigh.

Comment

Opie , No.

Alex I will take Eric Sloans' house name / title for a 1,000.

Comment

Murder victim?

Comment

Forrest and Peggy were pretty much "an item" since he was about 16. It's not likely he had enough self-confidence to become much of a womanizer before joining the Air Force.
            Regarding who died and could keep the secret, my first guess is Forrest Fenn.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady V View Post
              I initially thought the person who died was Eric Sloane, which led me to Manhattan, MT and Central Park, MT, "crossing the street"/highway down to the Gallatin Canyon. Sigh.
              You might try Manhattan, Kansas when you try to make your lines cross...
              Billy 1f

Comment

Originally posted by jan_v60 View Post
                When you find the blaze, you will know the answer to this question in an amazing fashion.

Comment

When asked if there was an item he would love to find but still hasn't, Forrest said "There are so many bits of history that I would like to find: a Clovis point between the ribs of a Mammoth, a letter written by my father to my mother before they were married, a special fishing spot on the Madison River that no one alive knows about but me. The list is as endless as the search." The part about the fishing spot always stuck out to me (and I'm sure many others). It's an odd thing to include when answering a question that specifically asked about an "item," and when the other things he lists are items in the normal sense of the word. Considering a fishing hole a "bit of history" is strange in itself, unless it doesn't exist anymore. That would also explain why no one "alive" knows about it but him.

I can't remember where it was now, but I'm pretty sure Forrest once mentioned something about his dad's favorite fishing hole on the Madison no longer existing because the river has changed course over the years (I might be badly paraphrasing here - hopefully someone remembers the source). Maybe there were 2 people who knew about it, but once his dad died, he became the only one alive who did.

Comment

My take on it is .......in the Lanier school photo there are 5 people named in the photo, me, Kacir, Pat, Eduard and Skippy. At the time TToTC was written I did a research on all those people and the only one who had passed was Skippy. His Dad had passed also but he is not named in the photo.
                    ​​

Comment

I no not open many new threads. But I have a question…..what do you think of my fairy tale?
                      The phrase « two can keep a secret if one of them is dead » is IMO part of the solve of the poem.
                      In my theory the dead person can lead you to the general area of the poem and then to the hiding spot if you follow the clues of the poem.
                      This means that the starting point WWWH should coïncide with the area where this person died.
                      This person should have a great importance in FF’ s memory. Important but also a little bit annoying or delicate, because FF told us that why his hiding spot where he wanted to die, was so important for him, was first included and afterwards removed from his memoir in the olive jar in the chest, “for personal reasons”.
                      In the same context, I can associate warm waters with feelings of love, and cold with death.
                      Could it be that Forrest at the age of 21 somewhere found his very first true love, but that she died at the age of 19 only months later, after he joined the army? (He was not yet engaged with Peggy at that time, only dating from time to time). Is it possible he met this girl for the first time in the summer of 1950 when she rented a sleeping place in his room at Sun Valley (Idaho), where Forrest had a vacation-job. The girl was born in Pocatello (Idaho) buth since some years her family moved to Wyoming, where she died at the age of 19.

My question is: do you think that the poem is linked with this story, or such a story of love and death?

jan_v60 - Forrest used to chuckle when stating two can keep a secret if one of them is dead after he told reporters he'd have to kill them if he showed them where it was. It was a fun way for him to hint to the spot because of the (2) and the U below is a dead ringer in horseshoes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210417_140649.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	301913

Comment

Originally posted by Presque vu View Post
                        My take on it is .......in the Lanier school photo there are 5 people named in the photo, me, Kacir, Pat, Eduard and Skippy. At the time TToTC was written I did a research on all those people and the only one who had passed was Skippy. His Dad had passed also but he is not named in the photo.
                        He's not named. He is in the position of row 4, #23, though.

Comment

Originally posted by pws111 View Post

When you find the blaze, you will know the answer to this question in an amazing fashion.
                          Some people are quite easily amazed, compared to some other people . . . and talk to dead people.

Comment

"Skippy" died.
                            To be right for someone, you have to be willing to be wrong for someone else.

Comment

I think Skippy is the person who kept the secret.

Comment

Working...
                              X