WWWH Subtle Clue/s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crow View Post
    The WWWH hint I believe was pg 62 of TTOTC where Forrest was talking about following the stream that "seemed to have an anxious purpose of some sort....Gradually, that little stream got narrower and narrower and deeper and deeper until it developed vertical sides that nothing could get through but water." This leads me to The Sinks.
    Could be. Where does the warm bit come in for you? If water can get through does it halt there?

This extract feels so strongly like a subtle-clue doesn't it.. it was high up on my list. I couldn't pin it to a poem clue though.. I could only apply it to the real world, like you have.

Comment

• No offense taken Rah Rah...

Maybe the key words in the phrase "aberrations that live out on the edge" is the idiom "on the edge."

on the edge

1. In a precarious position; also, in a state of keen excitement, as from danger or risk. For example, When the stock market crashed, their whole future was on the edge, or Skydivers obviously must enjoy living on the edge.

2. on the edge of. On the point of doing something, as in He was on the edge of winning the election when the sex scandal broke. [c. 1600] Both def. 1 and 2 allude to the danger of falling over the edge of a precipice.

The precarious position of being an error or mistake or an outright falsehood. The "errors'" have a purpose, the key is finding how those errors relate to the solution.
      Last edited by Anna Graham; 06-11-2021, 09:52 AM.
      All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
      --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

• Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
        No offense taken Rah Rah...

Maybe the key words in the phrase "aberrations that live out on the edge" is the idiom "on the edge."

on the edge

1. In a precarious position; also, in a state of keen excitement, as from danger or risk. For example, When the stock market crashed, their whole future was on the edge, or Skydivers obviously must enjoy living on the edge.

2. on the edge of. On the point of doing something, as in He was on the edge of winning the election when the sex scandal broke. [c. 1600] Both def. 1 and 2 allude to the danger of falling over the edge of a precipice.

The precarious position of being an error or mistake or an outright falsehood. The "errors'" have a purpose, the key is finding how those errors relate to the solution.
        ff was rushed in to an answer with that Q&A session.. so I don't think he'd thought about that phrase beforehand..

I wonder how that changes things in terms of what he meant?

Comment

• Anna Graham, I believe the edges are very important as well.

Brit- thanks for starting this discussion. It can be very beneficial putting searchers thoughts together.

Just some information I have learned since the find. Think SIMPLE.
          As Forrest said like a child. Or as I think like a pioneer or native american would tell someone the path to take. Example, follow the waters that are warm past the big rock then ford. After you ford the waters you enter the trees then look for a sign where you will end your path.

The poem states take the river down into the canyon not far. Then Forrest placed a comma. Also listen to Forrest say the poem. He pauses after not far. That means not far into the canyon is a place where the HOB is. Just after that spot you cross the river. Just like he tells us in TTOTC. Miss Fords class, just off the back was the slide where you get brown stains on pants. Miss Ford is to cross. He also tells us there in that chapter dont make the alligator Mad as you cross the River. I believe this is a very important hint. Mad River. I also believe the Brown is a beast. Like he describes the limo sitting next to the water in Concy and Me. And the Buffalo next to the Madison river with steam coming off them. He describes them all as beasts. The alligator is a beast also.

So cross the river just below the beast. After you cross you are in the woods, thats danger area, a place not for the meek. If you are out of danger you are out of the woods. In danger is in the woods.

Look at how Forrest matched up the poem to confirm. He says put in below HOB. As we know now that matches with Your effort will be worth the cold. Then No place for the meek matches with very next line brave and In the wood.

WWH is a place where those warm waters stop or halt literally. Think simple like a pioneer , Indian or kid is telling you the path. Its how Forrest saw the Journey. As far as matching the hint up to the book it is in Totem cafe Caper. Forrest talkes of hot waters and deep canyons. That is wwh area. Something in Totem cafe caper compared to the original story in Bozeman chronichles that is an aberration that was left out gives us our wwh area and canyon. In that canyon not far is HOB, the beast.

What do you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by alone View Post
            Anna Graham, I believe the edges are very important as well.

Brit- thanks for starting this discussion. It can be very beneficial putting searchers thoughts together.

Just some information I have learned since the find. Think SIMPLE.
            As Forrest said like a child. Or as I think like a pioneer or native american would tell someone the path to take. Example, follow the waters that are warm past the big rock then ford. After you ford the waters you enter the trees then look for a sign where you will end your path.

The poem states take the river down into the canyon not far. Then Forrest placed a comma. Also listen to Forrest say the poem. He pauses after not far. That means not far into the canyon is a place where the HOB is. Just after that spot you cross the river. Just like he tells us in TTOTC. Miss Fords class, just off the back was the slide where you get brown stains on pants. Miss Ford is to cross. He also tells us there in that chapter dont make the alligator Mad as you cross the River. I believe this is a very important hint. Mad River. I also believe the Brown is a beast. Like he describes the limo sitting next to the water in Concy and Me. And the Buffalo next to the Madison river with steam coming off them. He describes them all as beasts. The alligator is a beast also.

So cross the river just below the beast. After you cross you are in the woods, thats danger area, a place not for the meek. If you are out of danger you are out of the woods. In danger is in the woods.

Look at how Forrest matched up the poem to confirm. He says put in below HOB. As we know now that matches with Your effort will be worth the cold. Then No place for the meek matches with very next line brave and In the wood.

WWH is a place where those warm waters stop or halt literally. Think simple like a pioneer , Indian or kid is telling you the path. Its how Forrest saw the Journey. As far as matching the hint up to the book it is in Totem cafe Caper. Forrest talkes of hot waters and deep canyons. That is wwh area. Something in Totem cafe caper compared to the original story in Bozeman chronichles that is an aberration that was left out gives us our wwh area and canyon. In that canyon not far is HOB, the beast.

What do you think?
            Is that you Jack?

I really like most of it. Most of it aligns with my thoughts and what I'd taken out as the most powerful aspects of that book.

After taking a step back, simplifying and re thinking all of this. This is the solve I like the most, I concluded this last week.. I don't want it to be there... but it fits for me. A lot aligns with what you say above..

https://earth.google.com/web/@44.496...Gk1dGFoMFlNdHA

Click the Present button to follow the journey. Click through each area. The Brown pool is Grizzly Pool.
            Last edited by BritChaser; 06-11-2021, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BritChaser View Post

Is that you Jack?

I really like most of it. Most of it aligns with my thoughts and what I'd taken out as the most powerful aspects of that book.

After taking a step back, simplifying and re thinking all of this. This is the solve I like the most, I concluded this last week.. I don't want it to be there... but it fits for me. A lot aligns with what you say above..

Click the Present button to follow the journey.
              ‘You don’t have permission to view,’ although the area it lands, I agree with.

Comment

• Unlocked

Comment

See I took TTOTC like this, I found hundreds of hints/parts of hints connected... but if I'm dead honest with myself some were more certain than others.. I'm wondering if we are open-minded to some just being coincidence, even though our intuition says otherwise, what are the 4 best ones. The tightest, undoubtable links to clues.

What do you think?
                  I think alone made the point better than I did!
                  FF enjoyed words, and I believe, in a whole lot of what he wrote in TTOTC, he was entertaining himself with them. (For ex: Ora Mae anagrams to ‘a ma ore’=motherlode=treasure trove. So… she’s the TC? Or there’s a ‘smoking’ feature at that place on the river? Or something lunch related or cleaning related? Or… Yes, I agree, these are rabbit hole generators.)

Rather than a sentence or phrase being a hint to a clue, repeated patterns of the same images/words are likely to be, IMO.

Comment

Is that you Jack?

Click the Present button to follow the journey.
                    No, not Jack. Just someone who has learned how to understand the chase in the last year. Before the find I had a different approach thinking Forrest was using synonyms. That has since been proven as a misguided approach.

Forrest told us for years it was straight forward and simple but I thought simple meant a simpleton like a rustic or vagabond. And he did mean and tell us those things, but in a straight forward way not using words for places or synonyms. Rustic to him was in the woods. Where he liked to be. His given name, Forest. Was special to him. There is a wood along a river that was special to him.

Brit and others, what do you see in Totem cafe caper that could lead you to The wwh. It is describing an area either Gibbon, Firehole or Madison. But which one? I really believe wwh is actually warm to the touch not madison junction. If madison is the canyon the the wwh would be terrace springs where gibbon and madison rivers meet.

My 3 wwh are firehole geyser basin, Terrace springs and Norris geyser basin. Something in the big picture leads us to the area and which one. It is in important literature I believe.

Again keep it simple. In important literature. There are two books that that Forrest is looking for that will lead you to a specific area in the library. Our National parks are places of learning. Catcher in the Rye. Simple, the rye is a small stream. A catcher is a fisherman.

For whom the bell tolls, the bell tolls for death. The bell tolls for the dead.

Put the two together and Forrest wants to die along a small stream in a park.

But there is more in that chapter, of which I dont know yet but by keeping it simple as Forrest told us it will reveal itself.

Comment

• The biggest clue is forrest mentioning leaning in like an untipped waiter and how he knew to watch the trees. The blaze was up above the chest, in trees. That's why it was damaged by nature. Just my opinion

Comment

No, not Jack. Just someone who has learned how to understand the chase in the last year. Before the find I had a different approach thinking Forrest was using synonyms. That has since been proven as a misguided approach.

Forrest told us for years it was straight forward and simple but I thought simple meant a simpleton like a rustic or vagabond. And he did mean and tell us those things, but in a straight forward way not using words for places or synonyms. Rustic to him was in the woods. Where he liked to be. His given name, Forest. Was special to him. There is a wood along a river that was special to him.

Brit and others, what do you see in Totem cafe caper that could lead you to The wwh. It is describing an area either Gibbon, Firehole or Madison. But which one? I really believe wwh is actually warm to the touch not madison junction. If madison is the canyon the the wwh would be terrace springs where gibbon and madison rivers meet.

My 3 wwh are firehole geyser basin, Terrace springs and Norris geyser basin. Something in the big picture leads us to the area and which one. It is in important literature I believe.

Again keep it simple. In important literature. There are two books that that Forrest is looking for that will lead you to a specific area in the library. Our National parks are places of learning. Catcher in the Rye. Simple, the rye is a small stream. A catcher is a fisherman.

For whom the bell tolls, the bell tolls for death. The bell tolls for the dead.

Put the two together and Forrest wants to die along a small stream in a park.

But there is more in that chapter, of which I dont know yet but by keeping it simple as Forrest told us it will reveal itself.
                        p46 p45 Spell out Old Faithfull to me. Clear cut.

Totem says that Brown smells and we have white Canyons like in that area and Canyon Street with the pot wholes. It describes area from Old Faithful up to Grand Prismatic. IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by 93cruiser View Post
                          The biggest clue is forrest mentioning leaning in like an untipped waiter and how he knew to watch the trees. The blaze was up above the chest, in trees. That's why it was damaged by nature. Just my opinion
                          And Frosty, acting like a metal detector, pointing to under the tree matches what you say too.
                          Last edited by BritChaser; 06-11-2021, 11:55 AM.

Comment

p46 p45 Spell out Old Faithfull to me. Clear cut.

Totem says that Brown smells and we have white Canyons like in that area and Canyon Street with the pot wholes. It describes area from Old Faithful up to Grand Prismatic. IMO
                            I agree Brit.

Lady V, great thoughts also.

There is something in that physical canyon that Forrest considered Brown. The big beast or a brown thermal area like a stain on the earth.

Comment

I agree Brit.

Lady V, great thoughts also.

There is something in that physical canyon that Forrest considered Brown. The big beast or a brown thermal area like a stain on the earth.
                              Grizzly Pool

Comment

• Back to hints.

i really like skippy’s plane that was too heavy to take off from hebgen’s water high. Does that teach us that water high is a lake./pond that’s just a bit higher up that the rest of what’s around it?

wise and blaze has got to be related to mountain man wisdom and burning the map hasn’t it? Again ff would be well aware of us drawing that link so it’s red herring, clumsy or hint..

Comment

Working...
                                X