X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

I dont know which of these have already been mentioned:

1. Redford did write a book, The Outlaw Trail

2. For Whom The Bell Tolls is not the story of an ambulance driver in WW1, The story is A Farewell to Arms

3. I don't believe that Skippy ever built a helicopter out of a washing machine. Washing Machine's are not known for their aerodynamic qualities.

4. I don't believe that Olga's bathtub was only 36 inches long.

5. I don't believe that Holden Caufield in The Catcher In The Rye, was a relatable character for Forrest.

6. I don't believe the story of No Place For Old Biddies. That two old ladies said "“He’d run away from home but he’s not allowed to cross the street.” Was this such a traumatic event that he carried this story for the next seventy two years.

7. Why would a French soldiers gravestone be in English.

8. The quote on the gravestone is incorrect "If you should ever think of me when I have passed this vale, and wish to please my ghost, forgive a sinner and smile at a homely girl." The actual quote is "wink at a homely girl.

9. From TFTW, Alexander Hamilton is not on the hundred dollar bill.

Thats a few more.
    Thanks for them.

I’ve got to go through my underlined TTOTC to pull these all out for Wednesday, so it helps greatly as a reminder.

Any more from anyone?

Also, what does aberration mean to everyone?

Also, how do you ‘sprinkle’ only 4 subtle-clues across the stories in TTOTC? (Again, based on the hypothesis that there are 4, could that suggest that the 4 are built up from multiple parts of many chapters? As opposed to 4 small snippets?)

No place for biddies.. would ff really speak ill of the dead like that.. I doubt it. It has made up all over it. Made up to place a hint. Or the whole thing is a hint.
    Last edited by BritChaser; 06-10-2021, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BritChaser View Post
      No place for biddies.. would ff really speak I’ll of the dead like that.. I doubt it. It has made up all over it. Made up to place a hint. Or the whole thing is a hint.
      He is taunting literary critics by using literal symbols as a 'hidden by outline' motif is my take. A critic might say: No Mr. Fenn when we say a great author uses motif and symbol we don't mean you need to use circles, squares, half circles in fact that would be dumb!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham

Blow me.
        fooowwwsshhh. That's me blowing. I wasn't disagreeing with you, just hoping fairies are real

Comment

And I was just using it in the British context since the op is British : when you are surprised about something ie: well blow me down.
          Much appreciated

Comment

Cynthia Meachum did say Forrest added to the drawings I believe. This is one of the additions. It says "Sink Cave"Click image for larger version  Name:	img022_LI.jpg Views:	0 Size:	799.0 KB ID:	301976
            Last edited by crow; 06-10-2021, 06:32 PM.

Comment

This one says "moss cav". I believe this was also added by Forrest. Sink cave and moss cave are in the same canyon. https://www.hintofriches.com/core/im...EAAAICRAEAOw==

Comment

Originally posted by BritChaser View Post

Also, what does aberration mean to everyone?

Also, how do you ‘sprinkle’ only 4 subtle-clues across the stories in TTOTC? (Again, based on the hypothesis that there are 4, could that suggest that the 4 are built up from multiple parts of many chapters? As opposed to 4 small snippets?)
                You’ve got to throw away the rose colored glasses. Jack doesn’t want you to know how he solved it or where he solved it. So what makes you think that any of the information he is giving you is correct. Take everything he says with a grain of salt.

aberration to me means anomaly
                All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Sink Cave is WWWH and Moss cave is heavy loads and water high. IMO of course

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

You’ve got to throw away the rose colored glasses. Jack doesn’t want you to know how he solved it or where he solved it. So what makes you think that any of the information he is giving you is correct. Take everything he says with a grain of salt.

aberration to me means anomaly
                    Remember, this is an exercise in going with it, being open minded to try another angle. It can’t harm.

Everything he’s ever said to me in thoroughly in keeping with what ff has said. I just wanted to bend that and not take it at face value. I’m going to try going with it..

Comment

begin it Wwwh ,has to be at a higher elevation take it in the canyon down ,put in below home of Brown has to be the lowest elevation of your journey you are below home of Brown you have to start going up hill from there no if ands or buts

Comment

Originally posted by Old blue View Post
                        begin it Wwwh ,has to be at a higher elevation take it in the canyon down ,put in below home of Brown has to be the lowest elevation of your journey you are below home of Brown you have to start going up hill from there no if ands or buts
                        I agree. Elevation of WWWH (Sink Cave) is higher than Home of Brown (The Rise). WWWH to HOB is heading easat. From there it is uphill (generally) for the rest. You are then headed west instead of east (generally) for the rest of the clues.
                        Last edited by crow; 06-10-2021, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crow View Post
                          This one says "moss cav". I believe this was also added by Forrest. Sink cave and moss cave are in the same canyon. https://www.hintofriches.com/core/im...EAAAICRAEAOw==
                          I do like that Louis Lake area.

Comment

Originally posted by crow View Post

I agree. Elevation of WWWH (Sink Cave) is higher than Home of Brown (The Rise). WWWH to HOB is heading easat. From there it is uphill (generally) for the rest. You are then headed west instead of east (generally) for the rest of the clues.
                            You are in the same county as my solve and in my solve there is a rise then a sink on my creek it is no paddle up your creek in my solve it is a natural land bridge I

Comment

And I was just using it in the British context since the op is British : when you are surprised about something ie: well blow me down.
                              Well blow me too.

Comment

Aberration to me means something that shows up that I didn't expect to be there, phantoms, things in 3D hidden in plain sight, seemingly delusional thoughts that take me down a path that flows forward with positive results, and para-something (I'd like to call it pseudo hallucinatory expanded vision)... it's a state when I am able to visualize the environment, art, etc. from an alternative perspective, but see things my brain normally filters out.

Comment

Working...
                                X