Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWWH Subtle Clue/s

Hey,

Myself and Greg (@DARC + GTC) are going to be discussing candidates for the hint/s related to WWWH in TTOTC on his show next Wednesday.

The theory is, we could wait here till a shortcut comes and get more and more frustrated as nothing arrives, or we can get rid of our bias and let TTOTC and the poem take us to the location, alongside a good map. No other sources.. no historical references and no coincidences.

Jack has confirmed that there are only 4 hints in the book. One of them is for the blaze, so only 3 left. Playing a hunch in the chase gets you nowhere, so the hint needs to help us locate wwwh without any guessing. There is no puzzle it's all about how ff saw it on the journey that this poem is about. Straight forward and we will be surprised that we didn't think of it before..

If you're up for it, what are your best candidates for WWWH hints in the book? What thing/place does that hint lead to? Greg and myself will discuss those along with chat.

What are the other 3 hints and which clue do they help solve?

Hopefully, a few of you will be up for chipping in your candidates. If it's not for you, howdy, see you later.

Brit Chaser

Originally posted by BritChaser View Post
    Hey,

Myself and Greg (@DARC + GTC) are going to be discussing candidates for the hint/s related to WWWH in TTOTC on his show next Wednesday.

The theory is, we could wait here till a shortcut comes and get more and more frustrated as nothing arrives, or we can get rid of our bias and let TTOTC and the poem take us to the location, alongside a good map. No other sources.. no historical references and no coincidences.

Jack has confirmed that there are only 4 hints in the book. One of them is for the blaze, so only 3 left. Playing a hunch in the chase gets you nowhere, so the hint needs to help us locate wwwh without any guessing. There is no puzzle it's all about how ff saw it on the journey that this poem is about. Straight forward and we will be surprised that we didn't think of it before..

If you're up for it, what are your best candidates for WWWH hints in the book? What thing/place does that hint lead to? Greg and myself will discuss those along with chat.

What are the other 3 hints and which clue do they help solve?

Hopefully, a few of you will be up for chipping in your candidates. If it's not for you, howdy, see you later.

Brit Chaser
    Hi fellow Brit--take my advice: DON'T LISTEN TO ANYTHING JACK SAYS, it might help you.
    If you don't mind; ask Greg what DARC means or stands for, thanks UB.

Comment

Hey man,

I believe his every word Each to their own I guess hehe

Cheers

Comment

"It was in Wyoming somewhere on a stretch of road that was so long you could almost see the curvature of the earth, with no cars or people around anywhere. I watched him putt-putt over a distant hill and disappear."

Sure, Skippy went putt-putt over a distant hill, but not along the ground. This is a direct hint at a runway (A road so long you can see the curvature of the earth), where there are no people or cars around anywhere, because none are allowed to be near one. We also know that everything Skippy starts ends badly.

Comment

Originally posted by UNtitleD Brave View Post

Hi fellow Brit--take my advice: DON'T LISTEN TO ANYTHING JACK SAYS, it might help you.
          If you don't mind; ask Greg what DARC means or stands for, thanks UB.
          Wow this might be the only time I've ever agreed with one of your comments, Untitled Brave. Don't listen to anything Jack says. BritChaser all of the aberrations are clues. There are many more than four.
          All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
          --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Thanks man.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

Wow this might be the only time I've ever agreed with one of your comments, Untitled Brave. Don't listen to anything Jack says. BritChaser all of the aberrations are clues. There are many more than four.
              The solve I worked on with Cynthia used hints all over the book, it was amazing. But I've let go of that now. ff said a couple of hints and a couple of aberrations. I'm going to with the creator's words now.. I ignored them for so long hehe

Comment

Hey man,

I believe his every word Each to their own I guess hehe

Cheers
                Why ? There's no real proof he's said much at all. Anyone (almost) could go on 'medium', write an article & call themselves 'the finder'.

Comment

Originally posted by UNtitleD Brave View Post

Why ? There's no real proof he's said much at all. Anyone (almost) could go on 'medium', write an article & call themselves 'the finder'.
                  I've seen enough to know that all is as it seems to me. Straight up, he found it and solved it up to the last clue. Then brute forced the wood to find the remnants of a blaze that he knew what it was before it was destroyed. It all stacks up perfectly fine for me.

Anyhow, I'll join you on another thread for this topic

Forrest said 4 hints.. what are your candidates?

Comment

Originally posted by Knowledge

where did Jack say there are only 4 hints in the book and why
                    GTC read out a clarifying email response from someone who's asked Jack specifically. Email him and ask too.

Though ff did say that to us years ago. Most of us just didn't want to hear it - like me

Comment

Originally posted by UNtitleD Brave

Sorry, don't mean to appear rude, but you seem kinda brainwashed. For myself & AnnaG to agree must mean something, surely ?
                      (I won't pursue this further, here). Good luck with your efforts.
                      Cheers man

Comment

I would start with what Forrest makes stand out. The word Knowledge and the book Outlaw trail.
                        We all know Forrest knew Robert Redford wrote that book so find Forrest Fenn's reason.
                        Who is the book about and what context does TTOTC set up when you research both of them things.
                        Thanks for that. What makes you think that is linked to WWWH?

Are there any more simple hints that are obviously linked to clues... I always thought, if ff thought of everything, he would be careful to use "No place for Biddies" as a title, when he knew one of his poem liens was "No place for the meek"..so that that must mean there's an obvious hint there... what do you think? (Not for wwwh, but for the meek clue).

Comment

BritChaser

Logic tells us that warm waters are associated with hot springs. All other waters in nature are cold.
                          A good map shows the distribution of hot springs across the Rocky Mountains. It reveals that they are most heavily concentrated in Yellowstone National Park.
                          So the entire chapter titled "In Love With Yellowstone" is one hint. Simple and straightforward. People are mistaken if they believe a hint needs to be a tiny, obscure detail.
                          Another good map is one that shows the distribution of hot springs within Yellowstone. It reveals that the vast majority converge where the Firehole and Gibbon Rivers end (WWWH).

The entire chapter titled "Flywater" is another "big picture" type of hint. It suggests that Forrest's special place is at or near a fishing hole.
                          If one begins at Madison Junction (WWWH) and travels down Madison Canyon, there is a short list of fishing holes to evaluate against the rest of the poem.
                          The fishing hole that matches the rest of the poem better than any of the others is Nine Mile Hole. The photo of Forrest's father at Nine Mile Hole could be a more specific type of hint.

So, there you have 3 simple and straightforward hints from TTOTC. Cheers!

--Vertigo

Comment

Jack has confirmed that there are only 4 hints in the book.
                            If you believe there are a total of only 4 hints in that book, then you are wasting your time running the show.

Comment

I think Forrest made the word Knowledge stand out for one reason. He got the knowledge of the past award from the University of Wyoming.
                              We all know Forrest had the story about Bessie a dairy cow he ended that with saying sometimes teachers do not understand. and we also know Forrest ended Stout Hearted Men with cows all around him.
                              Teachers with ropes seem to be the blueprint for WWWH.what kind of teachers need ropes.Maybe the teachers at the University of WY dairy teaching school.
                              It is hard to find but shows up on a forrest service map the kind Forrest and Donnie burnt. It sits next to something called the Big Hollow.
                              An undraind basin where waters can't flow out of or through. Rain is warm waters TTOTC points to it with it raining all the time Thor the name of the horse is lightning.
                              But hey Jack says four hints who am I to see something Jack does not.
                              The outlaw trail is about Butch Cassidy in TTOTC Forrest says things like Skippy getting 5 sec parole time the sheriff used a new rope out of respect the kids could not let go of the rope under penilty of death. So when you see Butch Cassidy was in prison in Laramie where the Big Hollow is it stands out.
                              Like it..

Comment

Working...
                              X