Scrapbook 219

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrapbook 219

Has anyone ever come across Forrest using a 'hashtag' # anywhere in his other writings.
    This scrapbook is interesting as it is the only one to my knowledge that was released in 'realtime'

„It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
    G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Yikes! I missed this one, must have been during the Chaos storm of SB's. I'll have to hunt it down after my fishing trip. Thanks starwheel

Comment

Immediately after SB219 = #5 crock: in SB220 = #8 spider web turquoise chunk necklace
        A bit later, SB230 = lists #1-#7: rules/explanations of his game (interesting!)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	5903e32f-d301-40e0-a08a-bb274ab649eb_l (1).jpg
Views:	477
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	300294
          Here's the #5 Crock. It's also why he mentioned the Thunderbird with 255 horsepower.

Name:	20210415_203311.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	482.0 KB
ID:	300295
          Here are the white pasta in the chili. Do you see the Tabasco? What about the lady with red hair? The green grass is for the lady with green hair.

Comment

Originally posted by Hear me all View Post

Here's the #5 Crock. It's also why he mentioned the Thunderbird with 255 horsepower.

Here are the white pasta in the chili. Do you see the Tabasco? What about the lady with red hair? The green grass is for the lady with green hair.
            That’s a crock alright.

Comment

Please tell me why for you , does the entire Chase , all the clues , all the hints , all the scrapbooks , all the emails , all the posts , all the blogs , all the threads ,all the other searchers ........................ALL COME DOWN TO 1 PIECE OF WOOD STICKING OUT OF THE GROUND THAT DID NOT HAVE THE CHEST ?????????????????????????????????????

Are you real person ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fenndery View Post

Please tell me why for you , does the entire Chase , all the clues , all the hints , all the scrapbooks , all the emails , all the posts , all the blogs , all the threads ,all the other searchers ........................ALL COME DOWN TO 1 PIECE OF WOOD STICKING OUT OF THE GROUND THAT DID NOT HAVE THE CHEST ?????????????????????????????????????

Are you real person ?
                Thanks, you made my day! LOL
                „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

This was that period in the scrapbooks when every single one made one’s heart skip a beat. Like all rare and wonderful things, one doesn’t fully appreciate the fleeting, seminal moment until it is gone. Miss them and their architect.

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
                    This was that period in the scrapbooks when every single one made one’s heart skip a beat. Like all rare and wonderful things, one doesn’t fully appreciate the fleeting, seminal moment until it is gone. Miss them and their architect.
                    For sure!
                    Don’t whine because the Chase is over, but smile because it happened.

Comment

Are you real person ?
                      Hi Fenndery - The concrete post is the beginning and the end of the poem. Forrest was cemented to that special country. It's on the edge of the park he loves. The FF's on the wood ar ewhy he liked to sign as F or f. The U is for the halt and cease. The sign next to this post is shaped like an old bathtub. He incorporated words into his stories by using letters from the sign and also words on the bronze bench mark cap. He wrote about bronzes and bronze making umpteen times because of the cap. All the round things like pies, tops, yo-yo's, crocks and so on for the round cap. All the red and white things like Campbell's soup, red wax ff's, fire, pasta with chili, Time magazine, Babe Ruth candy bars, foxes, and so on for the red and white on the wood. Forrest hinted to this spot in hundreds of not thousands of clever ways over the years but most wanted it to be complicated and most people don't ever notice the things in front of them. Here are a few examples more examples of hints he gave for the horseshoe. In the Moby interview he said he was going to fling himself on tje chest. Later on in the same interview he said throw himself on the chest. And he said I'm gonna dare U to find me. He shared a couple of different stories about pitchers. For those reading that don't know about the game horseshoes, fling, pitch and throw are terms used in the game. Horseshoe are a game played at Sunday afternoon picnics and Horseshoe Bay is a popular spring break resort. You didn't have to be a genius to make the connections, just be an average person.

Comment

I think there's residue from the '60s still in my brain and that's why I'm able to remain calm while reading this forum .
                        Finding Jessica

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
                          I think there's residue from the '60s still in my brain and that's why I'm able to remain calm while reading this forum .
                          dude...

Name:	dumbasspole.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	300843
                          Just look at it... Douglas Adams was wrong!

Comment

Hi Fenndery - The concrete post is the beginning and the end of the poem. Forrest was cemented to that special country. It's on the edge of the park he loves. The FF's on the wood ar ewhy he liked to sign as F or f. The U is for the halt and cease. The sign next to this post is shaped like an old bathtub. He incorporated words into his stories by using letters from the sign and also words on the bronze bench mark cap. He wrote about bronzes and bronze making umpteen times because of the cap. All the round things like pies, tops, yo-yo's, crocks and so on for the round cap. All the red and white things like Campbell's soup, red wax ff's, fire, pasta with chili, Time magazine, Babe Ruth candy bars, foxes, and so on for the red and white on the wood. Forrest hinted to this spot in hundreds of not thousands of clever ways over the years but most wanted it to be complicated and most people don't ever notice the things in front of them. Here are a few examples more examples of hints he gave for the horseshoe. In the Moby interview he said he was going to fling himself on tje chest. Later on in the same interview he said throw himself on the chest. And he said I'm gonna dare U to find me. He shared a couple of different stories about pitchers. For those reading that don't know about the game horseshoes, fling, pitch and throw are terms used in the game. Horseshoe are a game played at Sunday afternoon picnics and Horseshoe Bay is a popular spring break resort. You didn't have to be a genius to make the connections, just be an average person.
                            Oh ok . Hey , this might interest you : There is a dude who wrote a very cool poem , and if you solve the poem, you could get a treasure chest full of gold !!!!.....I know , prolly below your depth of perception , just thought I would throw this out there . .

Comment

Oh ok . Hey , this might interest you : There is a dude who wrote a very cool poem , and if you solve the poem, you could get a treasure chest full of gold !!!!.....I know , prolly below your depth of perception , just thought I would throw this out there . .
                              Fenndery - Solved it in May 2020. I'll help you. Look at the sign. Do you see why Forrest said AS I have gone ALONE IN there?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190513_095325.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.60 MB ID:	300981

Now why would he start the second stanza with a capital B? Well let's take a look see shall we?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Benchmark.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.6 KB ID:	300982

Say cheese when you see it. As of of this posting, that stake has been in that very spot for a long time and is very precise. It's on the edge of Yellowstone, the edge of Gallatin National Forrest, the edge of Gallatin Canyon and is the right of way marker for the highway. Do you think I should get high marks yet? I hope nobody sends me any marijuana cookies. Take it in the canyon down leaves you only one direction to go since it starts here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210418_091546.jpg Views:	0 Size:	903.6 KB ID:	300983

Since I'm not sure if you ever took Forrest's advice and got the only map he ever mentioned, this iis the Gallatin National Forrest map. The post is located where the red and greenines form the giant X. Anyway, you follow the road in the canyon down. Not far but too far to walk. This takes you to Buffalo Horn Creek which is the home of Brown. You probably recall Home on the Range where the Buffalo roam. And if you know anything about walking you might notice that from the beginning to this point, it's the back half of a leg. So now you are following Buffalo Horn Creek and you follow it to just past the word Horn. Do you see the foot attached to the back of your leg. Just heavy loads and water high is Hyalite Porcupine Buffalo Horn Wilderness Study Area which is above this spot on the map and you don't go that way. If you've been wise you spotted the big Y at the end of the foot. Follow that dashed line or the tail of the Y down. Amd found the blaze. The blaze is Yellowstone. Here's a better view of the giant chicken head standing out.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210420_195303.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.03 MB ID:	300984

Now you look quickly down and you are back to where you started. when you are back at this spot pay attention to the sign becauae you've got the blaze, YELLOWSTONE, a wise OWL, and you can LOOK quickly down which takes you or U to the base of the post. A stitch in time saves nine. If one would have heeded Forrest's advice to pay more attention to the first clue one could have saved themselves the journey on the map but it would have been highly unlikely to happen that way. F gives U title 2 the gold. His riches old had a title and it was YELLOWSTONE. Forrest treasured words and writing amd he tried many times to get searchers to pay attention to the bold letters. That's why he mixed things up by playing around with words, fonts, using upper case in one book, lower case in another and other playful ways. Do you see the leg that is too far to walk now? Hope U enjoyed it because this is the solution that Jack didn't want revealed.

Comment

Working...
                              X