Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poem says it can't be the Firehole River

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    C’mon people!

    wet-showing a lack of forcefulness or strength of character; feeble.

    cold-feeling or characterized by fear or horror

    “Your effort will be worth the cold…IF YOU ARE BRAVE and in the wood…”

    “You will need to get wet along the way…”

    Forrest said you can’t force it! Lol

    “From there it’s no place for the meek”
    Because You will have been brave and in the wood or heavy loads and water high.

    Now…where’s that darn WWWH?!

    Comment


    • #17
      Correct, 'Cary', nothing even vaguely associated with the Firehole river.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
        Surprise endings are always the best!
        I really hope it is something that nobody even thought of, but the evidence suggests otherwise.

        The fact that FF said many searchers solved the first two clues means it isn't something that isn't common knowledge.
        The fact that FF said many searchers have been within 500 feet means it isn't somewhere we don't know about.
        FF said it was straightforward.
        Jack said it was straightforward.
        Jack said that if he posted his correct solution in 2018 on Dal's forum that nobody would find it interested. That people would be underwhelmed and think it was too simple.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post

          I really hope it is something that nobody even thought of, but the evidence suggests otherwise.

          The fact that FF said many searchers solved the first two clues means it isn't something that isn't common knowledge.
          The fact that FF said many searchers have been within 500 feet means it isn't somewhere we don't know about.
          FF said it was straightforward.
          Jack said it was straightforward.
          Jack said that if he posted his correct solution in 2018 on Dal's forum that nobody would find it interested. That people would be underwhelmed and think it was too simple.
          Finish that top quote by F and the first two clues please.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
            Surprise endings are always the best!
            Your surprise ending had better be good, the state this so-called TH has got to. It needs to be EPIC.

            Comment


            • #21
              Firehole flows toward Madison. Right at Madison, there is a thermal feature.

              Trust me, because I know, the Firehole is cold upstream.

              Besides, there are streams coming down from the hills...

              Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	298866

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post

                And he added river bathing is best.
                And the Spanish teacher.
                And the comfortable statement.
                And the God underestimated his ability when he created the Firehole.

                It's not that great of a place to fish though. The water is too warm for the fish. During the summer I think they don't even allow people to fish it

                Right now I'm looking at solves with Gibbon, Firehole, and Madison river. I think it has to be one of those three. If not I will be totally surprised.
                Yes, I agree about the 3 rivers. The Firehole, when ff was a kid and a younger man, though, used to be much better for fishing. Last week, there were a bunch of people fishing just upstream from the bridge at OC, and downstream, around the bend before the Broads FWIW. In other years, I've seen people mostly fishing around Mattie's Spring, and one or two just upstream of the bridge, near Bathtub Spring. That area S of the FF bridge and S of the river is closed off (thermal area), but people still go there to fish.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Lady V View Post

                  Yes, I agree about the 3 rivers. The Firehole, when ff was a kid and a younger man, though, used to be much better for fishing. Last week, there were a bunch of people fishing just upstream from the bridge at OC, and downstream, around the bend before the Broads FWIW. In other years, I've seen people mostly fishing around Mattie's Spring, and one or two just upstream of the bridge, near Bathtub Spring. That area S of the FF bridge and S of the river is closed off (thermal area), but people still go there to fish.
                  If you have access to YNP, like you live nearby or visit often. I think A LOT of people would love videos of these areas. You don't even have to do a voice over or anything. Just post them on youtube. I would like to help out in people's solves trying to fine tune them to the best ones, but I have no access to YNP because I am not in a position to go out there.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I live in CA! But go up there every year to ‘fill up.’ RESLLY missed it last year! I posted a few pics around the forum, and will dig up some more. That being said, anyone with questions about Fountain Flats—I’ve spent a lot of time all around there and probably have pics of what you’d like to see. It is a very large area. My favorite spots in the park are there—Imperial Geyser, Boulder Spring, and little green meadows just to the N of Sentinel Creek. They are all just magical.

                    (You can also walk through the ‘dump’ of the old Marshall’s Hotel, just S of Nez Perce Creek where the tall, dead tree is, back in the woods and E of the Firehole. There are a lot of old rusted stoves and other stuff like that there.)

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Lady V View Post
                      I live in CA! But go up there every year to ‘fill up.’ RESLLY missed it last year! I posted a few pics around the forum, and will dig up some more. That being said, anyone with questions about Fountain Flats—I’ve spent a lot of time all around there and probably have pics of what you’d like to see. It is a very large area. My favorite spots in the park are there—Imperial Geyser, Boulder Spring, and little green meadows just to the N of Sentinel Creek. They are all just magical.

                      (You can also walk through the ‘dump’ of the old Marshall’s Hotel, just S of Nez Perce Creek where the tall, dead tree is, back in the woods and E of the Firehole. There are a lot of old rusted stoves and other stuff like that there.)
                      Thanks! Pics of areas in YNP really helps out.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X