Small Streams Like the Gibbon -- The Gibbon River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post

Thanks Presque vu. I looked for events at the Buffalo Bill Historical Center that took place between May 1 and Oct 1.

Between Sep 23 and Sept 25 there was a fashion show, an art show, and a patron's ball. He and Peggy could have arrived a few days early so that he could hide the treasure before the end of summer (Sept 21). In that case what Irene Rawlings said was wrong. Either Forrest lied to her or she misunderstood what he said. Sept 21 was after the road construction along the Gibbon was complete so there wouldn't have been any traffic jams.

June 19 -June 20 there was an Indian Dancing and Drum competition. This would fit with the June 1 -July 13 time frame I had narrowed it down to. Maybe there was a conference in conjunction with this event.

Another possibility is that the event wasn't on this schedule.

Yes the event might of been more business related. He did donate some gold to the museum and it was photographed and cataloged on the 15th of Aug 2010, so he might of hid the chest just prior to that.

At the bottom of the page at this link it shows the metadata and date
    https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki...849889230).jpg
    ​​

Comment

• Originally posted by alone View Post

Redneck Girl, we know the exact date Forrest hid the treasure. He told Jack and Jack told us. He secreted the chest when he was in Cody, Wyoming with Peggy for a conference at Buffalo Bill muesuem I believe it was. Forget the exact date but that has been researched and established. Searchers narrowed it down to a few hours when Forrest was said to be absent from the conference.
      To my knowledge, Jack has never said when Forrest hid the treasure. He hasn't even narrowed it down to the year, let alone the month or day. Forrest himself complicated the issue by making contradictory statements. In his lawsuit deposition he stated he hid the chest in 2010 (without further specificity). However, as early as December 2019 Forrest claimed (in private communication to Dal) that he had hidden the treasure MORE than 10 years ago. He publicly repeated that "more than 10 years ago" claim in March of 2020 in a Q&A on Jenny's. So that's two instances that force the hiding date to sometime between August 22, 2009 and September 22, 2009 (end of summer).

Comment

Thanks Presque vu. I looked for events at the Buffalo Bill Historical Center that took place between May 1 and Oct 1.

Between Sep 23 and Sept 25 there was a fashion show, an art show, and a patron's ball. He and Peggy could have arrived a few days early so that he could hide the treasure before the end of summer (Sept 21). In that case what Irene Rawlings said was wrong. Either Forrest lied to her or she misunderstood what he said.
        How so? Forrest had that lunch with her in Santa Fe on July 13th +/- 1 day in 2010. September of 2009 is certainly prior to July 13th, 2010.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zapster View Post

How so? Forrest had that lunch with her in Santa Fe on July 13th +/- 1 day in 2010. September of 2009 is certainly prior to July 13th, 2010.

Sorry. I should have included the year. The schedule was for 2010.
          I'm going to assume that what Forrest said in the court depositions is correct. That means he hid the treasure in 2010. You are correct about his "more than 10 years ago" statements. In addition to what you already noted, In his June 6, 2020 announcement of the find he said that the treasure was where he left it more than 10 years ago.

Comment

Sorry. I should have included the year. The schedule was for 2010.
            I'm going to assume that what Forrest said in the court depositions is correct. That means he hid the treasure in 2010. You are correct about his "more than 10 years ago" statements. In addition to what you already noted, In his June 6, 2020 announcement of the find he said that the treasure was where he left it more than 10 years ago.
            That June 6th instance at least still allowed for a 2010 hiding -- though just barely (if you go by meteorological "summer" = June/July/August). But March 2010 pushed it to 2009, and Dal's recently shared email doubled-down on a 2009 hiding date, making the deposition 2010 hide date all the more perplexing.

Comment

That June 6th instance at least still allowed for a 2010 hiding -- though just barely (if you go by meteorological "summer" = June/July/August). But March 2010 pushed it to 2009, and Dal's recently shared email doubled-down on a 2009 hiding date, making the deposition 2010 hide date all the more perplexing.
              I’m not sure what to think. I don’t think he would have lied in the court depositions, but who knows? Why did he keep saying more than 10 years ago? Was he deliberately trying to mislead? If we believe that he hid it when he was 79 or 80 then it had to be after Aug 22, 2009. If we also believe what Irene Rawlings said then it had to be before July 13, 2010 (assuming that was the date he met with her). During that time period there was road construction along the Gibbon.

Comment

• Just a what if thinking outloud- parts of his birth certificate have been called into question. We know he got As and Bs due to someone’s research (@RahRah maybe?). What if he started school as one of the youngest in his grade, then graduated early and lied about his age to sign up for the military before age 18, then changed the birth certificate some time later. He could’ve hidden the treasure chest at 79/80 but before 2009 and still been correct on the ‘over ten years ago’ statement. Didn’t a lot of people lie to enter the military early?

Comment

Between Sep 23 and Sept 25 there was a fashion show, an art show, and a patron's ball. He and Peggy could have arrived a few days early so that he could hide the treasure before the end of summer (Sept 21). In that case what Irene Rawlings said was wrong. Either Forrest lied to her or she misunderstood what he said. Sept 21 was after the road construction along the Gibbon was complete so there wouldn't have been any traffic jams.

June 19 -June 20 there was an Indian Dancing and Drum competition. This would fit with the June 1 -July 13 time frame I had narrowed it down to. Maybe there was a conference in conjunction with this event.

Another possibility is that the event wasn't on this schedule.
                  There were definitely events at the Buffalo Bill Center that are not on that list.

Lower intensity construction activities continued through October 2010 along the new Gibbon Canyon road so there would still have been periodic delays and traffic jams.

Comment

It is weird to me somehow that he could’ve hidden the TC before JD Salinger died, given his prominence in TTOTC.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210727-100405_(1).png
Views:	128
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	320192
                      Bring a Sandwich.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Livinlifebig; 07-27-2021, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Livinlifebig View Post
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210727-100405_(1).png
Views:	128
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	320192
                        Bring a Sandwich.
                        If it were me, I'd choose a hero or submarine sandwich.

Comment

• The chest was put in place between Jan and Aug 2009. I believe Forrest ran at least a three-year test with a lower value item.
                          Forrest was a planner, 20 year in the military does that to anyone. He was also careful and smart, a test with something of lower value would fit.
                          That is just a guess based on whom I feel Mr Fenn was and how well he planned.
                          When it came to the courts, maybe Forrest did not feel it was hid in till he told people to find it, or at 90 he lost track himself.
                          I know one more crazy searcher, and this one thinks he can even figure out the when.
                          I picked up a book to read, the cover looked like all the rest, but when I read it, it was nothing like the others.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8369.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	721.5 KB
ID:	323928

Comment

Working...
                            X