Small Streams Like the Gibbon -- The Gibbon River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grace and Ashley:

I'm terribly busy right now, but if Old Pilot isn't able to make it.......I'll make time for you ladies (just thinking like a 13 year old)

1f Billy

Comment

Originally posted by Must Listengood View Post
      "For me, catching a big fish was okay once in a while, but I like the small streams like the Gibbon -- the Gibbon River."

That quote is the best evidence I can find against the 9 mile hole solve. However, I think Forrest may have been like Schwiebert who actually fished on the little creek and in the pond at 9 mile.

Do we have any other evidence of a favorite fishing spot on the Gibbon?
      We have this:

"But we had 8 or 10 very special fishing places that we never did tell anybody about, and we could always go to one of those fishing spots and be the only ones there."

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbIWEnqAAQ4&t=254s

To provide some context, Forrest was talking specifically about Yellowstone in this video, so the 8 or 10 very special fishing places were all in Yellowstone.

With that number of special fishing spots, I'm pretty sure they would be spread across the Madison, Firehole, Gibbon, Gallatin, Grebe Lake, etc.

My point is that evidence of one special fishing spot should not be considered evidence against any of the other special spots.

Comment

Thanks all, reading the comments has helped me hone my interpretation of "your creek" in the poem. I tend to think of a stream as something smaller than a river, and a creek as something smaller yet. But having reviewed the definitions and usage of these terms, it has become clear that "stream" does not actually imply any particular size. It merely denotes flowing water. On the other hand, "creek" does imply something smaller than a river. So the Gibbon River can accurately be described as a stream, but not really as a creek. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post

Dear Mr. Old Pilot:

My friend Ashley who lives in Phoenix (not that it matters) and I are planning a treasure hunting vaca. Ashley is going to fly up and we are meeting at DIA (Denver). We are renting a car and driving to our search area. Well, we know you said you have one good search left in you. So, we are hoping that you will join us. We need the company of a man there in the wilderness,,..for protection. We're both straight but not so good at math. But maybe we could teach you some geometry...like triangles. We're a lot of fun and like to laugh a lot.

Do you like fast cars? The old James Bond movies? We think of you like 007. Have you ever worked for the government ? I think not, you don't seem the type to take orders. Ashley and I both like older men! There so much fun to tease, like I did to Cary in "To catch a thief". Were both 36 and so adding us together is 72 which is not a big age difference from 105 (which is how old we figured you are)
          We like to try new things and stir things up a bit if you know what I mean. Do you think you could handle us both? We are a little bit afraid that you might have a heart attack out there in the wilderness and wondered what we would do with a stiff in the back of our car.

That reminds me, you'll have to bring your own tent or share ours. We like to have a good campfire at night and tell ghost stories. I promise that if you'll come, ever morning at sunrise when the birds wake you up, you will arise anew, feeling like a new man; born again. Please come with us, won't you? At night, you'll see the canopy of stars Forrest spoke so fondly of, and you might get a brief glimpse of the moon through the red willows when I bathe down at the creek. That super cold water does strange things to body parts. Some parts perk up in a tight nubbin and other parts just shrink up to almost nothing. Strange isn't it?

Oh, please say that you'll come.. won't. you? Gosh, I hope I haven't been too forward...

But for us;
          Grace
          2 likes for this ? 9 handle DUDE strikes again ...I mean really BRO , did you copy and paste that from "The heavy juvenile tabloids of erotic fakeness " or did you just get it from Lite Erotica ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fenndery View Post

2 likes for this ? 9 handle DUDE strikes again ...I mean really BRO , did you copy and paste that from "The heavy juvenile tabloids of erotic fakeness " or did you just get it from Lite Erotica ?
            Fenndery-
            You're just jealous that I got in line before you. Besides girls like men in uniforms.
            1f Billy

Comment

Anyone use the Ranger Museum as HOB for their Gibbon river solve?
              Click image for larger version  Name:	ft_gibbon1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.8 KB ID:	298314
              The Gibbon near the Ranger Museum
              source:
              https://wyomingfishing.net/fishtails/ft_gibbon.htm

Comment

Yes, but there is that statement that HoB isn’t a structure. I think Iron Springs is better (slide, pants, father corroding, iron chicken, etc, iron as the basis of brown oxide paint). Just below iron springs, up on a hill, is this... sorry for sideways viewClick image for larger version

Name:	133E9CF4-7085-4B90-A846-A75F24174D1B.jpeg
Views:	199
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	298324
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post

Fenndery-
                  You're just jealous that I got in line before you. Besides girls like men in uniforms.
                  1f Billy

Comment

Originally posted by Lady V View Post
                    Yes, but there is that statement that HoB isn’t a structure. I think Iron Springs is better (slide, pants, father corroding, iron chicken, etc, iron as the basis of brown oxide paint). Just below iron springs, up on a hill, is this... sorry for sideways viewClick image for larger version

Name:	133E9CF4-7085-4B90-A846-A75F24174D1B.jpeg
Views:	199
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	298324
                    I just noticed that Iron Spring looks to actually have originated not on the banks of the Gibbon but on the flat clearing above it. This looks to be a lithocap of some type indicating that the spring was much more extensive at some point. The clearing itself has an unnatural arrangement of boulders and logs. I prefer the creek bed of Secret Valley Creek as a possible path of the poem but some of the woods skirting this strange clearing are within 200 feet of the Gibbon and also within 500 feet of the picnic area on the other side. Is it possible that concealed within those woods the spring forms a deep pool? Then we'd have both heavy loads and water high. Perhaps the clues can be interpreted as following the creek only for a bit and then heading to the woods that ring the clearing?

Also, seeing these boulders out in the open makes me wonder if the "fake blaze" could have been a white Mark painted on a boulder. That would explain how Jack could have spotted it in the distance. Perhaps the real blaze is also somehow related to a boulder, in which case the obvious way it could have been "damaged" is to have simply rolled down a hill. Many boulders do that, given enough time, and perhaps this one just did it really "early" in the chase (relative to the thousand years Forrest designed it to last).

Comment

Originally posted by Blazingwaddles View Post

I just noticed that Iron Spring looks to actually have originated not on the banks of the Gibbon but on the flat clearing above it. This looks to be a lithocap of some type indicating that the spring was much more extensive at some point. The clearing itself has an unnatural arrangement of boulders and logs. I prefer the creek bed of Secret Valley Creek as a possible path of the poem but some of the woods skirting this strange clearing are within 200 feet of the Gibbon and also within 500 feet of the picnic area on the other side. Is it possible that concealed within those woods the spring forms a deep pool? Then we'd have both heavy loads and water high. Perhaps the clues can be interpreted as following the creek only for a bit and then heading to the woods that ring the clearing?

Also, seeing these boulders out in the open makes me wonder if the "fake blaze" could have been a white Mark painted on a boulder. That would explain how Jack could have spotted it in the distance. Perhaps the real blaze is also somehow related to a boulder, in which case the obvious way it could have been "damaged" is to have simply rolled down a hill. Many boulders do that, given enough time, and perhaps this one just did it really "early" in the chase (relative to the thousand years Forrest designed it to last).
                      Interesting ideas and info about Iron Springs being set back from the water. Boulders can surely roll, particularly with the quakes occurring around there constantly, and they also crack. Bits of water can get in there and through freeze and thaw, split.

I saw a circle enclosing an ‘N’ with an arrow pointing N near Sheepeater Cliff. It looked like it was written on a boulder with a black Sharpie, down low. I keep think of TTOTC Skippy holding a rock, and the RIP to his left written/carved on the rock.

Also, boulder = bolder... NPFTM.

I've heard Secret Valley has many thin waterfalls, and lots of fen/marshland. I think that clearing is really odd, too. If you go on GE and click on the pic at Iron Springs, that rock in the water looks like a cow or bison to me. It’s not hard to make out, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post

Dear Mr. Old Pilot:

My friend Ashley who lives in Phoenix (not that it matters) and I are planning a treasure hunting vaca. Ashley is going to fly up and we are meeting at DIA (Denver). We are renting a car and driving to our search area. Well, we know you said you have one good search left in you. So, we are hoping that you will join us. We need the company of a man there in the wilderness,,..for protection. We're both straight but not so good at math. But maybe we could teach you some geometry...like triangles. We're a lot of fun and like to laugh a lot.

Do you like fast cars? The old James Bond movies? We think of you like 007. Have you ever worked for the government ? I think not, you don't seem the type to take orders. Ashley and I both like older men! There so much fun to tease, like I did to Cary in "To catch a thief". Were both 36 and so adding us together is 72 which is not a big age difference from 105 (which is how old we figured you are)
                        We like to try new things and stir things up a bit if you know what I mean. Do you think you could handle us both? We are a little bit afraid that you might have a heart attack out there in the wilderness and wondered what we would do with a stiff in the back of our car.

That reminds me, you'll have to bring your own tent or share ours. We like to have a good campfire at night and tell ghost stories. I promise that if you'll come, ever morning at sunrise when the birds wake you up, you will arise anew, feeling like a new man; born again. Please come with us, won't you? At night, you'll see the canopy of stars Forrest spoke so fondly of, and you might get a brief glimpse of the moon through the red willows when I bathe down at the creek. That super cold water does strange things to body parts. Some parts perk up in a tight nubbin and other parts just shrink up to almost nothing. Strange isn't it?

Oh, please say that you'll come.. won't. you? Gosh, I hope I haven't been too forward...

But for us;
                        Grace
                        Tina is that you.... lol...... stop with this kind of nonsense.
                        “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

I believe the puzzle is in three parts.
                          1. Locate the exact location of the final blaze which hides the answer (there are many pointing the way to the location) AND the chest.
                          2. Find the telephone number to call, on the correct date and time, with the correct password to win the right to the treasure and the chest. Yes, there is a time lock.
                          3. Locate the telephone numbers and times associated with the various jars and bells buried by Forrest to win one of the items (various locations).

The first location is in WYOMING, the second part is not in WYOMING.

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post

Tina is that you.... lol...... stop with this kind of nonsense.
                            Tina??? KPRO I like you,......but you need a dose of some imagination . Take Forrest for instance..
                            You do know he was afraid of Spooks in the dark, don't you?
                            Santa Fe is a spooky place. Just ask Valorie....

Forrest was quite the actor. To this day, many close friends and family think of him as a country bumpkin...
                            EH TOO KPRO BRUTE? Lets see any country bumpkin out there bring in ten million in sales in one month...in any business legal or not..

But, as a matter of his conscience ( as a result of actions of his former employer), he sought the comfort only I can give.
                            It wasn't a salacious affair at all. In fact on more than one occasion, he quietly introduced me to his family. They also seemed pleased to make my acquaintance.

KPRO...Ashley and I just wanted to offer the same to Old Pilot too. (I do wish he would accept my offer) Billy will have to do if Old Pilot doesn't want it.
                            Why KPRO....I know you want it too...(Mike probably would prefer to watch, but I'll give it to him too!) and best of all it's no charge!

Now I suggest you review my offer to Old Pilot once again. Ashley and I want to give it to him real bad. I know he wants it.....All he has to do is ask for it and we will lay it on him.

Talk about seeing a "canopy of stars" why heck I'll bet he is talking to them stars after were finished with him....but he has to ask us for it first!

Billy; If KPRO Bans us, meet Ashley coming from Phoenix on Southwest and I will catch up. Another girlfriend of mine wants to meet you Sherif and I have to meet her plane. She's mind blowing beautiful too and I'm jealous of that everyone who sees her is taken back by what they see in her, and it never lasts but a few minutes. I don't get it. I could go on forever. If I were mere mortal like you....I would prefer me ...instead of gaucking at a some colored light that they named a dish soap after . Maybe they could name some paper towels after me...... Those turkeys..

See you sooner than you realize....just ask; and name the time and the place!!!
                            G
                            Last edited by Grace; 06-04-2021, 10:43 AM.

Comment

'Grace', you crack me up, but, I think you know, you're headin' for trouble, haha !
                              You've got some juicy insider knowledge there with 'spooks' & the 10 mill. !
                              By the way, I think you added a couple o' years on OP ! & are you gals really 36, or would 35.5 be more accurate !

Comment

Originally posted by UNtitleD Brave View Post
                                'Grace', you crack me up, but, I think you know, you're headin' for trouble, haha !
                                You've got some juicy insider knowledge there with 'spooks' & the 10 mill. !
                                By the way, I think you added a couple o' years on OP ! & are you gals really 36, or would 35.5 be more accurate !
                                Wanna come with us?
                                G

Comment

Working...
                                X