Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Location Solved?! Just Past Firehole Swimming Area?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Location Solved?! Just Past Firehole Swimming Area?

    Location Solved?! Could it really have been just past the Firehole Swimming Area?

    If Dal did drive w/in 300 ft of the chest, as f wrote him, and the 500/200 ft f quotes are true, as well, I think I might be willing to argue this is the only location that the chest could have been hid!!! Just past the Firehole Swimming Area!!! It's the only place that reconciles w/ all of the above. Specifically, anywhere along the path w/ the hearts to the star in the picture below!!!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Treasure-Location.jpg
Views:	623
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	295128

  • #2
    “He didn't want to see it turned into a tourist attraction" -Jack

    Spoiler Alert: YNP (including Firehole River) is already a tourist attraction

    Comment


    • #3
      The search area itself looks lush, but is there a compelling home of Brown that leads you close to here?
      Rudy Green[e]
      "First to the Miracle Log"
      whereis.thehomeofBrown.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Not4but242Walk View Post
        “He didn't want to see it turned into a tourist attraction" -Jack

        Spoiler Alert: YNP (including Firehole River) is already a tourist attraction
        The context of this statement is referring to the hiding spot itself. Not a big area like the 2.2 million acres of Yellowstone.
        Rudy Green[e]
        "First to the Miracle Log"
        whereis.thehomeofBrown.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by thehomeofBrown.com View Post
          The search area itself looks lush, but is there a compelling home of Brown that leads you close to here?
          This doesn't take anything into account other than it's the area from Ojo Caliente down to Nine Mile Hole, the 500/200 ft quotes, and Dal drove w/in 300 ft of it. f had to be telling the truth for all those for this to line up. That said, if he was telling truth, I don't believe there is any place on the Firehole or Madison Rivers that have a more compelling argument for being the spot than this one.

          In the picture above, many people are w/in 500 ft of the chest because they are walking to the Firehole Swimming Area. The ones that were 200 ft away walked along the Firehole river past the swimming area and past the little falls below it. The line mentioned above with the hearts is also 300 ft from the road (and Dal has said he has been on this road before). It literally satisfies everything!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by minotaur_moreno View Post

            This doesn't take anything into account other than it's the area from Ojo Caliente down to Nine Mile Hole, the 500/200 ft quotes, and Dal drove w/in 300 ft of it. f had to be telling the truth for all those for this to line up. That said, if he was telling truth, I don't believe there is any place on the Firehole or Madison Rivers that have a more compelling argument for being the spot than this one.

            In the picture above, many people are w/in 500 ft of the chest because they are walking to the Firehole Swimming Area. The ones that were 200 ft away walked along the Firehole river past the swimming area and past the little falls below it. The line mentioned above with the hearts is also 300 ft from the road (and Dal has said he has been on this road before). It literally satisfies everything!
            Why does it have to be between Ojo Caliente and Nine Mile? There are several places further downstream along the Madison that could meet those criteria, but even if it has to be within that short stretch for some reason, I don't see how you've decided that area along the Firehole is any better than Nine Mile Hole itself if you're only using the distances?

            Comment


            • #7
              minotaur_moreno
              ​​​​​​​This still seems too popular of a place to hide a chest. I would think it would have been found by now if it was here. Is this where the poem led you to or mostly Dal's comments?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by minotaur_moreno View Post

                This doesn't take anything into account other than it's the area from Ojo Caliente down to Nine Mile Hole, the 500/200 ft quotes, and Dal drove w/in 300 ft of it. f had to be telling the truth for all those for this to line up. That said, if he was telling truth, I don't believe there is any place on the Firehole or Madison Rivers that have a more compelling argument for being the spot than this one.

                In the picture above, many people are w/in 500 ft of the chest because they are walking to the Firehole Swimming Area. The ones that were 200 ft away walked along the Firehole river past the swimming area and past the little falls below it. The line mentioned above with the hearts is also 300 ft from the road (and Dal has said he has been on this road before). It literally satisfies everything!
                Once we learned that Dal drove within 300 feet of the treasure, the previous comment that many people were within 500 feet became less useful. Those people were likely within 300 feet as well, driving on the same road as Dal. Those within 200 feet were almost certainly on foot. This location meets all of those criteria, but other spots along the Firehole and Madison appear to meet them as well.

                Comment


                • #9
                  1, The comments by others and alleged hints are you leading you there .
                  2. Popular spot that someone is sure to have found it by now
                  3. Everything Dal says should not be taken as gospel , as he wasn't misled by Mr. Fenn , he was misled by his OWN confirmation bias and did not think of the less traveled places he was at .
                  4. If the poem does not lead you here , see the above 1-3 .

                  "Make it Happen! With the Power of Thought" - Mrs. and Mr. Fenndery (close to each and every day)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Fenndery View Post
                    3. Everything Dal says should not be taken as gospel , as he wasn't misled by Mr. Fenn , he was misled by his OWN confirmation bias and did not think of the less traveled places he was at .
                    That"s true of everyone, of course, including Fenn himself. But Dal did post the actual email exchange regarding the 100 yards/300 feet, and if we take Forrest's email at face value, then it eliminated a lot of real estate. More than 99.9% of it in fact.

                    The trouble is, Forrest has said/written on several occasions that he never provided private hints: anything that would assist a searcher in finding the treasure. Eliminating 99.9% of the search area counts as significant aid in my book, so what are we missing?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by thehomeofBrown.com View Post

                      The context of this statement is referring to the hiding spot itself. Not a big area like the 2.2 million acres of Yellowstone.
                      This is what he's talking about.

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	2400.jpg?1440633727.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	296443

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                        That"s true of everyone, of course, including Fenn himself. But Dal did post the actual email exchange regarding the 100 yards/300 feet, and if we take Forrest's email at face value, then it eliminated a lot of real estate. More than 99.9% of it in fact.

                        The trouble is, Forrest has said/written on several occasions that he never provided private hints: anything that would assist a searcher in finding the treasure. Eliminating 99.9% of the search area counts as significant aid in my book, so what are we missing?
                        I believe missing the following : Mr. Fenn did not narrow the search area down by 99% . Dal did . Mr. Fenn didn't post the areas he had searched . Dal did . When he told Mr. Fenn where he had searched , he did not say , hey thats the place . He gave Dal a very tiny confirmation , that Dal could have either confirmed by going back to every spot he searched , or wait until its too late and post it (the actual place is listed , that I guarantee you 100% true) on his new blog . It is basically the same "hint" he gave out loud on video when he said (paraphrasing) " If she knew where she was , she would tear up the countryside looking for where she had been . "
                        "Make it Happen! With the Power of Thought" - Mrs. and Mr. Fenndery (close to each and every day)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          There's no creek there. And we now know Dal was not in his car when he was 300 feet away, if he ever was.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X