My Opinions for Nine Mile Hole, Firehole, or Slough Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Opinions for Nine Mile Hole, Firehole, or Slough Creek

Hope you enjoy. Looking forward to your comments and opinions. @rudy Greene - did the last part specifically to help you with your continued search.
    Last edited by minotaur_moreno; 05-27-2021, 12:39 AM.

I was very much looking forward to watching this solve and it did not disappoint. Great presentation!

I also find Madison solves to be compelling again. The lines you drew are similar to the boundaries I'm analyzing. There are several promising stretches in there.
    Last edited by thehomeofBrown.com; 05-27-2021, 12:44 AM.
    Rudy Green[e]
    "First to the Miracle Log"
    whereis.thehomeofBrown.com

Comment

Originally posted by minotaur_moreno View Post

Hope you enjoy. Looking forward to your comments and opinions. @rudy Greene - did the last part specifically to help you with your continued search.
      great stories. awesome solve.
      you literally sent me back in time when you talked about the butt stone's historic dwellers.
      i didn't mean for that to sound weird.

you were right to be scare of bears where you were, when there's carrion/dead animal sites. very high risk.
      your fear(instinct) served you well.

Comment

Excellent video. Your thought process was explained nicely and I enjoyed hearing about your BOTG experience.

Nine Mile Hole is a bit further downstream than you indicated, but your 200/500 foot analysis was well done.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks MM. Great analysis!
          I thought your Slough Creek solve was good until you mentioned all the bears in the area. IMO the treasure was in an area of YNP where there weren't a lot of bears.

Comment

I believe in Ojo Caliente also, because its the last place on the Firehole river where the water in the river is warm to the touch. After that, there is no more warm water to the touch in the river itself. I also believe in it because I believe in the Stout Hearted Men chapter, the story was re-worked from how he normally tells it to indicate that the metaphorical answer to WWWH is "the eyes", giving us a hint that we are looking for warm water springs in general, and something named "eye" in particular. My WWWH was therefore "Los Ojos" in NM. There is a trout hatchery there too. But I digress. If you are looking at Forrest's favorite fishing trip, you probably start at Ojo Caliente.

AS Vertigo said, upper 9 mile hole and "Fenn Rock" is a bit further downstream from where you were pointing out, but I believe your 200/500 ft concept is pretty sound. I think Jack was applying it also to the area around upper 9 mile.

​​​​​​​Nice work!

Comment

Someone near my search area has Vietnam on their mind. Possum was an Australian Air Force unit stationed where Forrest was in Vietnam
              Maureen was a founding member of what became the POW/MIA organization
              Rake is a journal which did an article on Robin Olds career and his role in the Vietnam war...
              1f Billy. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0431.jpeg
Views:	165
Size:	6.38 MB
ID:	294759

Comment

Working...
              X