Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
    Whose HDD?
    A long-time searcher on Dal's. I don't think he/she is the same as High Desert Drifter, acronym match notwithstanding. Yes, it's secondhand info -- just as is Cynthia's or Kris's or Dal's -- but it seems to me it's more likely to be reliable, given that Forrest was basically killing their "solve" because they used a dam for their WWWH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zapster View Post

A long-time searcher on Dal's. I don't think he/she is the same as High Desert Drifter, acronym match notwithstanding. Yes, it's secondhand info -- just as is Cynthia's or Kris's or Dal's -- but it seems to me it's more likely to be reliable, given that Forrest was basically killing their "solve" because they used a dam for their WWWH.
      Read-> https://dalneitzel.com/2019/05/17/wh...aters-halt-16/ …….notice High Desert Drifter signature at the bottom of his posts. Also he mentions living in the Mojave, which you replied to......and HDD mentions the Mojave in on of his latest posts on 'Side-Tracked' at HOD...….I'm pretty sure they are one and the same.

None of the above adds any credence to his possibly having received that statement in an email from Fenn. But he also indicates he took a hiatus from the Chase and that he was possibly posting as 'Chad" earlier on. If he is the 'Chad' I'm thinking, then I would be inclined to trust the veracity of his claim.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROLL TIDE

Nice vision. That one almost had a tight focus.
        You were this close ><.
        If you read the sentence once again... It had enough safety valves in it for me to be spot on... I just commented the vibes and related them to another „rock star“...
        ><

That‘s your shot

„It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
        G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

• Originally posted by John Smith View Post

What was wrong with Cross Eyed Dottie
          It started with „What‘s wrong with A Leach?“... a character with many ideas packed in funny long posts... then... somebody felt those posts were derailing and started to flag them... but who‘s to judge posts about an unsolved riddle? At this very moment the chance that even a random thoughts thread is derailing still exists! I really like many of RT‘s thoughts, though, and never feared to express my respect! Still that doesn‘t make anybody a rock star nor does it make this thread an instance of pure truth!

Sometimes derailing long stories contain tidbits of helpful truth!

Me personally I don‘t get it... why ban all those guys? I watched closely what happened to CC... it started just like that... a dangerous, trigger-happy cleaning process!

I‘m more for free speech in a forum like this and that‘s why I‘m asking back whenever I can...

Greetings to A Leach, Art Haddock, Crosseyed Dottie and Ed, a cool bunch of characters!

And thanks for this forum! It‘s a cool platform with the matter discussed above being just a dark spot! I still love it and I still have hope...

„It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
          G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

• I'm with Cowboyrocker...if what we deem as nonsensical is stricken, half of what Fenn writes in those SB would be tossed out. I think that the folks that have been posting regularly have great insight albeit not what aligns to my thoughts entirely. I think the randomness offers food for thought and since no one here found anything, fresh ideas should always be entertained, no matter if you agree or not.
            Now, as far as getting nasty and attacking and berating folks...that should be killed off. Not necessary and not helpful to any capacity. Just my 2 cents. I know I'm new...so take it with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post

It started with „What‘s wrong with A Leach?“... a character with many ideas packed in funny long posts... then... somebody felt those posts were derailing and started to flag them... but who‘s to judge posts about an unsolved riddle? At this very moment the chance that even a random thoughts thread is derailing still exists! I really like many of RT‘s thoughts, though, and never feared to express my respect! Still that doesn‘t make anybody a rock star nor does it make this thread an instance of pure truth!

Sometimes derailing long stories contain tidbits of helpful truth!

Me personally I don‘t get it... why ban all those guys? I watched closely what happened to CC... it started just like that... a dangerous, trigger-happy cleaning process!

I‘m more for free speech in a forum like this and that‘s why I‘m asking back whenever I can...

Greetings to A Leach, Art Haddock, Crosseyed Dottie and Ed, a cool bunch of characters!

And thanks for this forum! It‘s a cool platform with the matter discussed above being just a dark spot! I still love it and I still have hope...

Keep Eyes wide open my friend

Click image for larger version

Name:	They live.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	137458

Comment

• Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
                Who’s HDD?
                Oh I assumed it was Henry Dodge Dart...
                what about the title of a creek that is called Beaver Dam Creek or Trail?
                There is longevity here with this idea.

Comment

• Sounds like a pile up to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROLL TIDE

First of all, you must have missed the untold number of times that I have stated that none of my thoughts or theories should be taken as factual, only that they are just that . . . my thoughts. Who, other than yourself, would even use the term 'pure truth' against anything I say ? Not one of us knows the 'pure truth' yet, as the treasure has not been found. If you think for one minute that that's part of who I am, then you've not been paying attention. I've stated many many many times, that I'm no closer than the next guy or gal and that I don't know anything. So, you should probably tighten up a bit on your knowledge of me before this possibly slides into the appearance of a stain on my character, as what you may be perceiving can't be backed up with anything other than your very own words.

As for being a rock star ?
                    I'm tired of standin' in line to clubs I'll never get in.

When it comes to derailing, the thoughts I express, come from my own head. If my thoughts are derailing your thoughts, don't read my thoughts.
                    That's another positive for having your own thread. Folks that aren't interested in what I have to say are free to never walk through the door.
                    This thread is my office. This is where I work.
                    Don't come here suggesting I should be subservient to your perception of what is best for my interest.
                    I built it. And they came.

And they will continue to come, because most who come here are here to help build, not tear down.

The 'characters' you mention and have such a fondness for, are all repeat offenders. It's a game to 'them' .

Surely, your passion for free speech would have it's own limits ?

A guy comes into my office wearing a mask. I let the guy know I've made him as a repeat offender.
                    What does he do ?

He attacks the owner of the site. Just like he has with all the other masks.
                    He comes in and tells kpro how incompetent he sees her and points out how he sees her as 'lacking'.

But see, here's the rub . . .
                    He couldn't do this at Dal's.
                    He couldn't do this at Cynthia's
                    He couldn't do this at Jenny's
                    He would be gone from Harry's, after everyone had their way with him.
                    And he couldn't do it at chasechat. It's okay there, to talk smack about folks elsewhere, but don't go in there telling The Beav or the others how incompetent they are.

Now, these fun people that you admire, can't get into any of the other clubs with their acts, but it is constitutionally unfair that they get banned here also ?
                    We're such terrible people because we're not a sanctuary for the misfits.
                    Mean old us.

There's a lot going on that you aren't even aware of.
                    ===============================================
                    "So any user that has started a new account when they break the rules or try to start drama will be banned. I also reserve the right to ban all of the accounts under the same IP. I may not go there right off (meaning banning all of the accounts), but know I can see it and don’t appreciate needing to take the time to investigate. "
                    You completely misread and misinterpreted my post, but let‘s leave it at that! Oh and apropos leaving... yes sure I will leave your office if that‘s your wish...

<lifts hat>
                    Last edited by Cowboyrocker; 01-23-2020, 03:22 PM.
                    G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

• Not that it's a shocker. But ff had his fun misspelling both towns in his india girl response. Maybe there is a word in the poem that needs be modified to find the correct synonym. My top iscolated synonyms are - secluded and solitary. Fits in with the do not touch. Almost like do not enter. On the map from the book. All the land statuses are labeled public lands. The blurry map as I call it There identified as Land Status. As we all know Forrest was not one to follow all the rules. So I'm sure the area is considered off limits by some entity.

Comment

• Could you all cut out all the silly talk and stick to The Chase?
                        Some of us are trying to be serious here.

Comment

• Anti-fun GUS... LOL!!!
                          G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

• not funny

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	fun house.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	137517

Comment

• Oh, it is! Don‘t worry! Just read the following without laughing:

Anti-fun GUS: „not funny“

LOOOOL, tears are running! Please don‘t take it personal!!! But... aahahahahahahaha, this is so good!
                                G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Working...
                                X