Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
    closing down for the evening.

    close down shop
    shut up shop
    call it a day . . .

    bring to a close
    wrap it up
    end this right now
    wind up
    finish this now
    get this done
    end this thing now
    end it here
    finish the work
    draw to a close
    complete (the) task
    time to get moving

    over with now
    time to quit.
    https://www.classicthesaurus.com/call_it_a_day

    Kick the habit....thought you'd like that one with the repeated nod to dope!

    Comment


    • " I asked for her permission to post it on Dal's blog as a come-along for other latent adventurers. "

      This was Mary's first search.
      She was a 'new kid on the block'.

      What is a "latent" adventurer ?

      latent . . .
      developing
      forthcoming
      imminent
      prospective
      shrouded in mystery
      stealthy
      upcoming
      very cautious
      well guarded
      behind the scenes #8

      cool as a cucumber
      enigmatic
      shadowy
      taken for granted
      under the radar
      unknown
      camouflaged
      covert
      indifferent

      There's your 'lead searcher'.

      latent = blind
      https://www.classicthesaurus.com/latent/synonyms/3

      Mary was a new kid on the block.
      new kid on the block = come-along
      https://www.classicthesaurus.com/new...block/synonyms

      come-along = greenhorn
      https://www.classicthesaurus.com/come-along

      a new kid on the block is a greenhorn
      https://www.classicthesaurus.com/greenhorn/synonyms

      #799

      Last edited by ROLL TIDE; 05-21-2019, 11:11 AM.
      Daniel Castro (Blues)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNCrfKtA3lE

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
        " I asked for her permission to post it on Dal's blog as a come-along for other latent adventurers. "

        This was Mary's first search.
        She was a 'new kid on the block'.

        What is a "latent" adventurer ?

        latent . . .
        developing
        forthcoming
        imminent
        prospective
        shrouded in mystery
        stealthy
        upcoming
        very cautious
        well guarded
        behind the scenes #8

        cool as a cucumber
        enigmatic
        shadowy
        taken for granted
        under the radar
        unknown
        camouflaged
        covert
        indifferent

        There's your 'lead searcher'.

        latent = blind
        https://www.classicthesaurus.com/latent/synonyms/3

        Mary was a new kid on the block.
        new kid on the block = come-along
        https://www.classicthesaurus.com/new...block/synonyms

        come-along = greenhorn
        https://www.classicthesaurus.com/come-along

        a new kid on the block is a greenhorn
        https://www.classicthesaurus.com/greenhorn/synonyms

        #799
        http://www.lowlatentinhibition.org/tag/test/

        " Latent inhibition is a technical term used in classical conditioning to refer to the observation that a familiar stimulus takes longer to acquire meaning (as a signal or conditioned stimulus) than a new stimulus. "

        http://www.lowlatentinhibition.org/what-is-lli/

        " Low latent inhibition

        With low latent inhibition, an individual almost treats familiar stimuli in the same manner as they would new stimuli. Think of the details you notice when you see something new for the first time and how it grabs your attention. From those details all kinds of questions may arise in your mind. “What is that, what does it do, why is it there, what does it mean, how can it be utilized” and so on. The more of those questions you are able to figure out or answer, the better your understanding of that stimulus. The better your understanding of that stimulus, the more logical connections you are able to make between that stimulus and others around it. With the use of human memory you are then able to remember which questions you’ve already answered in relation to a particular stimulus, and those answers may then result in more questions. Low latent inhibition will usually result in extremely accurate instincts due to the sheer level of thought, processing and logical connection that has been made previously when faced with a stimulus or multiple stimuli. "

        " A great example of how a lot of people work with LLI is their brains naturally work on a “why, why, why, why” basis until they get to the root cause or origins of anything, rules, thoughts, someones intentions, someones actions, machinery etc. An example could be that most people when asked “why do you clean your teeth”, would answer “because i want them to be clean”, “Why”, “because I’m hygienic and i want them to look nice”, “why”, “because if they look nice other people will notice and i want that”, “why”, “because i want to look attractive to other people”, “why”, “so that i can find a partner i guess”. THERE is the root cause, they want to find a partner. People with LLI (at least like my own LLI) are always automatically asking and answering those why questions based on our intuition and perception, and because the intuition and perception of a few with LLI are based on far more stimuli (and therefore details noticed) they are extremely accurate. So in the above example if someone with LLI was asked why they think someone cleans their teeth – their intuition and perception going by the person in front of them would usually instantly result in an answer of “because they want to seem physically more appealing to a potential mate” (we would not starve to death if we lost all our teeth in this day and age). Their brain will have already asked and answered many WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY questions. That same automatic process applies to almost everything someone with LLI comes into contact with. "
        Last edited by TreasureCodex; 05-21-2019, 03:46 PM.

        Comment


        • That's interesting.
          What are your thoughts on how that might relate to those who had solved wwwh but didn't "know" it ?
          Last edited by ROLL TIDE; 05-21-2019, 10:07 PM.
          Daniel Castro (Blues)
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNCrfKtA3lE

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
            That's interesting.
            What are your thoughts on how that might relate to those who had solved wwwh but didn't "know" it ?
            They guessed and did not have confirmation of their notion. They probably struggle with self doubt hence lack of confidence. Just listen to how many searchers communicate that "we" don't know "this" , "we" don't know "that" , "we" don't know "anything". Because "we" don't have the treasure. They never will find the treasure as a self fulfilling prophecy to their detriment and all that listen to them. I worked on Utica Place, some serious heavy hitters there.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

              They guessed and did not have confirmation of their notion. They probably struggle with self doubt hence lack of confidence. Just listen to how many searchers communicate that "we" don't know "this" , "we" don't know "that" , "we" don't know "anything". Because "we" don't have the treasure. They never will find the treasure as a self fulfilling prophecy to their detriment and all that listen to them. I worked on Utica Place, some serious heavy hitters there.
              Perhaps they didn’t ask enough questions. Why why why? Like a kid in a new store. Why this and what’s that. They didn’t go deep enough in my opinion (I know you weren’t asking me)..

              Like saying its a hot spring. Okay but why that hot spring? Because it’s important to him. Why? Because he bathed there. Why? Because his mother didn’t have running water during the depression. Why? Etc.! They didn’t peel the onion enough. Kids get to the root of it. Adults have a tendency to see everything as familiar.

              Thats a nice share Treasure Codex. Thank you.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Copper View Post

                Perhaps they didn’t ask enough questions. Why why why? Like a kid in a new store. Why this and what’s that. They didn’t go deep enough in my opinion (I know you weren’t asking me)..

                Like saying its a hot spring. Okay but why that hot spring? Because it’s important to him. Why? Because he bathed there. Why? Because his mother didn’t have running water during the depression. Why? Etc.! They didn’t peel the onion enough. Kids get to the root of it. Adults have a tendency to see everything as familiar.

                Thats a nice share Treasure Codex. Thank you.
                I try !
                I'm not Glum in this treasure hunt. Keep the good spirits up Copper !

                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqALm_rmM1g

                Comment


                • ". . . a physical presence is needed to complete the solve."

                  Why ?
                  And please don't insult me by pointing out that you must go there to physically retrieve the chest.
                  We are all smart enough to know that without being told.

                  Forrest didn't say a physical presence is needed to retrieve the chest, he said it is needed to complete the solve.
                  So, a physical presence is required to solve the last clue. GE can't help with it.

                  There is something there that you must see in order to solve the last clue.
                  https://www.classicthesaurus.com/must_be_seen

                  You must be present to win.
                  You must attend.
                  You must show.
                  You must . . . GO.

                  So why is it that I must go ?

                  https://www.classicthesaurus.com/i_a..._know/synonyms
                  https://www.classicthesaurus.com/answers
                  Daniel Castro (Blues)
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNCrfKtA3lE

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
                    ". . . a physical presence is needed to complete the solve."

                    Why ?
                    . . . .
                    There is something there that you must see in order to solve the last clue.
                    Yes, if you're blind you can't complete the solve. Sight is required. It is nothing that GE can show you, but something that you have to view in person - even though you already know the TC's physical location. It is a rite of passage, if you will.

                    Comment


                    • A physical presence is a palpable presence is a trailblazer, mover and shaker, pathfinder, lightning rod, risk taker, etc.

                      Comment


                      • " . . . the treasure is not hidden in or about a structure."

                        about means 'around'.

                        So, if it's not hidden in or around a structure, then it's possibly just the opposite.
                        The opposite of "in or about", would be "out and away"
                        out and away = far and away

                        And no, I don't expect everyone to understand this, other than maybe one person.
                        Daniel Castro (Blues)
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNCrfKtA3lE

                        Comment


                        • [QUOTE=ROLL TIDE;n100018]". . . a physical presence is needed to complete the solve."

                          Why ?

                          I don't think there's any other way to identify the blaze.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
                            " . . . the treasure is not hidden in or about a structure."

                            about means 'around'.

                            So, if it's not hidden in or around a structure, then it's possibly just the opposite.
                            The opposite of "in or about", would be "out and away"
                            out and away = far and away

                            And no, I don't expect everyone to understand this, other than maybe one person.
                            This is one of his quotes that can go either way:

                            ...the treasure IS NOT HIDDEN in or about a structure.
                            So it's out in the open, observable, evident; it's not buried or out of sight.

                            ...the treasure is not HIDDEN IN or ABOUT a structure.
                            So it's not inside a structure, or around a structure; so as you've noted, it'll be "out and away" from a structure.

                            It can't be both, or can it?

                            Comment


                            • the chest is concealed but in plain site?
                              "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

                              Comment


                              • Or, in plane sight

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X