No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably not.. but he had a cool ride, dull or not.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200115-094239_Google.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	611.0 KB
ID:	136199
    Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!
    Righty-O!

Comment

• Originally posted by ROLL TIDE

Why do I ask ?
      Simple, because volumes of comments focus on the LGFI while ignoring the fact that the other two kids can't get any closer either, with the same material that she has to work with.
      A lot of commenters feel that her being from India is somehow relevant, while refusing to address the fact that being from India has absolutely nothing whatsoever with her being unable to get any closer.

So, anyone who is using her in trying to ferret out a hint or clue, better be well prepared to use the same reasoning while including the other two kids.
      Otherwise, it doesn't fly.
      The person She is referring to is not from India. Camouflaged - Revealing information to Team Forrest. Just my opinion of course. None of them got past the first two clues.

BTW _ i don't know the other two kids. But I will do a little studying.

Comment

You're right, my mistake. She is IN India.
        I'm surprised you don't know about the other two kids.
        I try not to read to much information - trying to stay focused on the hunt. The book and the Poem only. Hard to do with so much information out there. I do enjoy seeing what other people are saying though, quite entertaining and sometimes spot on. I just wonder if they know why or where they are.

I think I am at the same place Castellaw is at.... I have been there five years. Slowly whittling away the camouflage on the stick. Might take 50 years.

Back to the little girl from India. Its a play on words - Not from India and not In India. I probably shouldn't say more than that if I so be correct.

Comment

• Believe the other 2 kids came from the church on the hill...
          https://www.thequint.com/news/world/...rule-churchill
          She's probably old enough to drive now..
          https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...rom%20%251%24s
          Last edited by Castellaw1685; 01-15-2020, 10:31 AM.
          Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!
          Righty-O!

Comment

"The place where that treasure chest is hidden is in an isolated area."
            "The treasure is hidden where a person would not normally go."

So, a person would not normally go to this isolated area.
            And remember, F turns around and asks 'what does isolated mean?'

Well, this is what I've come up with . . .
            An isolated area = no-go area.
            Which fits perfectly with a place that a person would not normally go. It's a no-go area.
            https://www.classicthesaurus.com/isolated_area
            https://www.classicthesaurus.com/no-go_area/synonyms

A legal vacuum.
            What if there are no legal issues ?

no-go area = red zone.

And conveniently, red zone puts me in a parking lot.
            https://www.classicthesaurus.com/red_zone

Just nod, if you can hear me.
            Thanks RT for putting up the quote he responded with. "The treasure is hidden where a person would not normally go."

This also means that if someone is within 12 feet of the treasure, they should 'see it' because only the person looking for the treasure would be in the area. They would 'confidently' know where it is within a few steps beforehand. All IMO.

MC

P.S. - Did anyone catch the fact I said nothing about a 'blaze' above???
            Last edited by Moody Chameleon; 01-15-2020, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Everyday I work on the poem and the clues...
              everyday I find a new reference to “where the sun don’t shine”
              I can’t tell if as a culture we have a lot of references for this topic or it’s actually relevant.
              may the fecal matters continue.

Comment

Actually, it was indeed Forrest, who introduced the word 'isolated' in response to a question . . .

Question : "Are there any signs of civilization or man-made objects in the area where the chest is hidden ?"

Answer : " . . . the place where that treasure chest is hidden is in an isolated area. . ."
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmnFNmqLmzE
                @11:07

This exchange came before the subsequent question of 'isolated'.
                'Isolated' was a word he chose. But then he had to stop and consider if it was exactly what he wanted to say.
                Yep, you are correct RT. Thanks for correcting. I edited my previous comment.
                Last edited by Moody Chameleon; 01-15-2020, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• RT...you clearly are a very active and thoughtful searcher. I joined the hunt around Fall of 2019. What started as a simple "this looks too easy to last this long" has turned into..."man, this guy's taken over my brain". You clearly are a master of words...which brings me to my point.
                  Do you believe it's as simple as definitions for words we use everyday that we don't understand...or do we think there is something more? I believe there are many mechanisms to unlocking the location. Some are very much aligned with your strengths...but I also see some more playful mechanisms used. Do you or have you seen a tribute in the poem?! If you do, why do you think it's relevant and or a hint to the clues?!
                  I'm aware of your contributions...I know your disclaimer and appreciate that honesty...but I also respect the way you think and believe that it is correct (although I know you don't disclose anything part of your solve) but may also lack the variation in tactics I believe may be necessary to the complete solve.
                  Truth be told...I'm very new to this all, but love the cerebral challenge. I'm a decade behind most hunters and am aware of this fact; however, there are some who are being too literal in deciphering (aka looking for a literal hot spring) which is too simple imo. This gives me hope that I'm not last in probability to finding the TC. Never been BOTG....just no confidence to do that yet. Not looking to glean your solve but rather assume the way you think as it is certainly interesting and offers some food for thought.
                  There are a handful of really thoughtful folks in here...you're one of that handful and I feel compelled to immerse more fully which is why I'm joining the various blogs around to see if I'm worthy of being in the hunt.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	0_87CdSUyxErZ5wSL8_.png
Views:	324
Size:	317.1 KB
ID:	136994

Comment

• RT,
                      Liked your words here, as usual, although I don't always click the button.

I totally agree with your total disagreement with anyone who says that none of the 'outside-the-poem' information is necessary.

Here's something you may not have thought about...…

"There isn’t a human trail in very close proximaty to where I hid the treasure.f"......'in very close proximaty' = It ain't sitting in the middle of a trail somewhere! (that would be right up his alley)

as always, Good Luck to Ya...…..loco

Comment

• Imagination or Information?

Recently I've seen a few people discussing this on the blogs.

IMO Fenn said "Information" this time around
                        A) to mix things up
                        B) to provide a through provoking aberration
                        C) to add some clarification and distinction to his previous suggestion

let me explain ...

we know Forrest is big on words and their definitions.

"Formation" is actually a word used to define "Imagination."

Click image for larger version  Name:	imagination.PNG Views:	0 Size:	20.6 KB ID:	137108

while imagination is a 'faculty'

'formation' is an action ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	formation.PNG Views:	0 Size:	18.0 KB ID:	137109

Since ...

Imagination is defined as a 'faculty'

and

formation is defined as an 'action'

I believe Forrest is saying too many people have taken "imagination" as the daydreaming faculty of sitting on the sofa and thinking.

what Forrest is calling for here is ACTION.

get IN FORMATION

aka, there's too much inaction, get IN ACTION

Forrest is trying to be subtle about it, but he's really saying:

Quit thinking the thing to death, get your arses up off the sofa out there in nature and go get that thing!

"formation" is also fighter pilot lingo, which we all know may pertain to the Chase as well.

this man is always finding new and clever ways to provoke us to see things differently. simply mind blowing.

Comment

Who else has figured out that ALeach -aka- Cross-Eyed-Dottie, is back again ?
                          What was wrong with Cross Eyed Dottie

Comment

Where warm waters halt is not a dam.
                            The treasure is not hidden in Utah or Idaho.
                            The treasure is hidden at least 8.25 miles/66,000 links north of Santa Fe.
                            The treasure is not hidden in a graveyard.
                            It's not under an outhouse.
                            It's not in or about a structure.
                            Not under a man-made object.
                            Not in Canada.
                            Not underwater.
                            Not near the Rio Grande river.
                            Not necessary to move large rocks.
                            No need to climb up or down a steep precipice.
                            Somewhere in the mountains north of Santa Fe.
                            Not in a cave or a mine.
                            Not in a tunnel.
                            Above 5,000 feet and below 10,200 feet.
                            Begin it where warm waters halt is the first clue.
                            The blaze is a clue.
                            There are nine clues in the poem.
                            The clues are in consecutive order.
                            There are hints in TTOTC that will help with the clues.
                            No human trail in close proximity.
                            In a word, yes, the blaze is one single object.
                            Most of the places that the clues refer to, existed when he was a kid.

The list goes on and on . . .

Now, someone please show me where at, in the poem, that I can find all of this useful information, if all of the information I need is found in the poem ?

Point being, disregarding or dismissing anything at all that Forrest has said, without stringent examination, is akin to sloppy detective work, at best.

I totally disagree with anyone who says that none of the 'outside-the-poem' information is necessary.
                            Until the chest is found and the correct solution is known, NO searcher has the authority or the means to substantiate such an undisciplined claim.
                            The correct solution would have to be known before anything that Forrest has said outside of the poem could be ruled as unhelpful, other than the times he has straight-up said as much.
                            Until then, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Now who will be the first to throw the following at me ?
                            “What serious adventurers should remember is to not believe anything that is not in my poem or otherwise in my book.” f
                            Whispers. The emperor has no clothes. Believe what you see.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOP0NVGaqBw

Comment

Where warm waters halt is not a dam.
                              The treasure is not hidden in Utah or Idaho.
                              The treasure is hidden at least 8.25 miles/66,000 links north of Santa Fe.
                              The treasure is not hidden in a graveyard.
                              It's not under an outhouse.
                              It's not in or about a structure.
                              Not under a man-made object.
                              Not in Canada.
                              Not underwater.
                              Not near the Rio Grande river.
                              Not necessary to move large rocks.
                              No need to climb up or down a steep precipice.
                              Somewhere in the mountains north of Santa Fe.
                              Not in a cave or a mine.
                              Not in a tunnel.
                              Above 5,000 feet and below 10,200 feet.
                              Begin it where warm waters halt is the first clue.
                              The blaze is a clue.
                              There are nine clues in the poem.
                              The clues are in consecutive order.
                              There are hints in TTOTC that will help with the clues.
                              No human trail in close proximity.
                              In a word, yes, the blaze is one single object.
                              Most of the places that the clues refer to, existed when he was a kid.

The list goes on and on . . .

Now, someone please show me where at, in the poem, that I can find all of this useful information, if all of the information I need is found in the poem ?

Point being, disregarding or dismissing anything at all that Forrest has said, without stringent examination, is akin to sloppy detective work, at best.

I totally disagree with anyone who says that none of the 'outside-the-poem' information is necessary.
                              Until the chest is found and the correct solution is known, NO searcher has the authority or the means to substantiate such an undisciplined claim.
                              The correct solution would have to be known before anything that Forrest has said outside of the poem could be ruled as unhelpful, other than the times he has straight-up said as much.
                              Until then, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Now who will be the first to throw the following at me ?
                              “What serious adventurers should remember is to not believe anything that is not in my poem or otherwise in my book.” f
                              Fine, I will disagree with you. Sure there is outside info that could be considered helpful hence confirmations. But necessary or needed is on a case by case basis. I believe the correct solve will show the possibility of what I claim. But like Forrests comment about solving poem that it could be solved from home it could be done in theory but not likely. The info is out there already so we can only theorize now or later. (New or Old) Hmmm!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed E. Waters View Post
                                Imagination or Information?

Recently I've seen a few people discussing this on the blogs.

IMO Fenn said "Information" this time around
                                A) to mix things up
                                B) to provide a through provoking aberration
                                C) to add some clarification and distinction to his previous suggestion

let me explain ...

we know Forrest is big on words and their definitions.

"Formation" is actually a word used to define "Imagination."

Click image for larger version Name:	imagination.PNG Views:	0 Size:	20.6 KB ID:	137108

while imagination is a 'faculty'

'formation' is an action ...

Click image for larger version Name:	formation.PNG Views:	0 Size:	18.0 KB ID:	137109

Since ...

Imagination is defined as a 'faculty'

and

formation is defined as an 'action'

I believe Forrest is saying too many people have taken "imagination" as the daydreaming faculty of sitting on the sofa and thinking.

what Forrest is calling for here is ACTION.

get IN FORMATION

aka, there's too much inaction, get IN ACTION

Forrest is trying to be subtle about it, but he's really saying:

Quit thinking the thing to death, get your arses up off the sofa out there in nature and go get that thing!

"formation" is also fighter pilot lingo, which we all know may pertain to the Chase as well.

this man is always finding new and clever ways to provoke us to see things differently. simply mind blowing.
                                edited to add...

I’m referring to ‘information vs knowledge’

Good topic. I believe it’s more about facts communicated vs what is known.
                                Last edited by Captain Toolface; 01-21-2020, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X