Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
    Forrest Fenn on November 7, 2019 at 3:36 pm said:Now you wait just a minute Dal. If you are insinuating that I’ve written my last Scrapbook then you’re dancing around the periphery of what might have been, but ain’t. It’s true that I’ve mostly run out of things to think about, but I could still tell the story of Rhondo, and the one about my magic medicinal mojo necklace. Maybe I’ll get around to those.
    Where did he say this? In the comments?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vestalpatience View Post

Where did he say this? In the comments?
      Yes. If you click on the link in my comment, it will take you straight to it.

Here it is again : November 7, 2019 at 3:36 pm
      Last edited by ROLL TIDE; 11-07-2019, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Forrest Fenn on November 7, 2019 at 3:36 pm said:Now you wait just a minute Dal. If you are insinuating that I’ve written my last Scrapbook then you’re dancing around the periphery of what might have been, but ain’t. It’s true that I’ve mostly run out of things to think about, but I could still tell the story of Rhondo, and the one about my magic medicinal mojo necklace. Maybe I’ll get around to those.
        RT, yes, I read this, thanks for reposting.
        IMHO, by f describing he is running out of things to say, to me, means it's all out there, we need to better understand what he has givin us for the last 10 yrs. This has been quite the decathelon for being on one subject.

The material is there for someone to figure it out. Any additional SB may have a scrap here or there, but the majority if not all is already in our possession.

Comment

• SB 230

" If he ever calls me and needs a C note, I'll be happy to give him a presidential portrait. "

For starters, Ben Franklin is on the C note, and he was not a president.

C note.
          See note.
          See " PS "
          " PS,
          . . . Sometimes you have to give credit where it's due. "
          =========================================

So, what does Gilbert Stuart and his presidential portrait of Washington have to do with this ?
          Or, is attention being drawn to " C note " ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cenote

Comment

• it's all out there now.. he's even described the order of the clues, which for me has been the hardest part...

Comment

• " . . . I made a hole in one . . . "

He sank it in the hole.

cenote = sink hole.
              https://www.classicthesaurus.com/cenote

Comment

SB 230

So, what does Gilbert Stuart and his presidential portrait of Washington have to do with this ?

Both.

Peace,

Orion the Hunter

Comment

• Originally posted by ORION View Post

Both.

Peace,

Orion the Hunter
                  AWESOME. That totally answers both of my questions.

Comment

AWESOME. That totally answers both of my questions.
                    Lol!

Start with the C-note.

Rhondo and Forrest exchanged notes.

Look up meaning of Rhondo...also Rondo (the H is silent)...

...now consider, Forrest and Rhondo (dudie, brown) are the only two who know the location of Rhondo's small space in the middle of nowhere.

Continue down that path to get to the portrait...

Peace,

Orion

Comment

SB 230

" If he ever calls me and needs a C note, I'll be happy to give him a presidential portrait. "

For starters, Ben Franklin is on the C note, and he was not a president.

C note.
                      See note.
                      See " PS "
                      " PS,
                      . . . Sometimes you have to give credit where it's due. "
                      =========================================

C note is slang talk for $100 bill, washington ends with a ton 100, Cant (slang talk) is Welsh for 100.

and as a bonus, because i believe the solution is down to Tarri Cant, argot and jargon

The pole he is holding on the front cover of Too Far To Walk is a Cant Dog used in the logging industry. (unconfirmed)

Click image for larger version  Name:	cant dog.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.3 KB ID:	128075
                      https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cant
                      American Travellers' Cant - Shelta - Fenn https://www.encyclopedia.com/literat...uistics/shelta
                      http://www.antiquearchaeology.com/bl...working-class/
                      Last edited by BiggishShoes; 11-13-2019, 05:17 AM.

Comment

• I hate to even say it...but the Colorado flag features a big red C. I dont search in Colorado but the "C" immediately got my attention.. Cuz I live here i guess.

Comment

• Is everything ok? It’s unlike you to not post for so long. I miss your witty repertoire.
                          Last edited by Anna Graham; 11-20-2019, 05:16 PM.
                          All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                          --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

• Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
                            Is everything ok? It’s unlike you to not post for so long. I miss your witty repertoire.
                            You read my mind. I went looking yesterday and noticed "random thoughts" was buried around 6 pages deep.? Maybe Tide is botg.

Comment

• Has Rolltide ever gave indication of his search area? I wonder if he is stuck in the cenote? Time to call rescue?
                              Last edited by Countryboy; Yesterday, 08:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Countryboy View Post
                                Has Rolltide ever gave indication of his search area? I wonder if he is stuck in the cenote? Time to call rescue?
                                He went silent right around the time of that tragic loss to LSU. Wouldn't be the first time ...

Comment

Working...
                                X