No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this thrill does come to an end. My only hope is that Fenn's architectural plan comes together as he had planned many years prior.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
      Begin it where warm waters halt . . .

I've never held to the theories that say warm waters halt when they change temperature, or when they intersect with other waters, or when they evaporate, or that they are tears, or that they represent death, or anything that associates them with a fish. Come to think of it, I simply don't agree with any of the numerous theories that have been put forth.

In my simple corner of the world, I see the following :
      1) The line tells me to begin it
      2) The line tells me where to begin it
      3) The line tells me the waters are warm
      4) The line tells me that the waters come to a halt.
      5) The line tells me to begin it at the point where the waters come to a halt.

The waters are at a halt.
      They are idle.
      Motionless
      Calm
      Unmoving
      Still
      Composed
      Immobile
      Undisturbed
      https://www.classicthesaurus.com/at_a_halt

The waters are at a stand-still.
      They are buttoned up.
      Nailed down.

They are still waters.
      still water.
      They are serene waters.
      https://www.classicthesaurus.com/serene_waters/synonyms

The key word is contentment . . .

contentment is serenity
      to be content is to be serene
      https://www.classicthesaurus.com/serene
      serene = warm

The end is ever drawing nigh . . .
      https://www.classicthesaurus.com/draw_to_close
      It could be that the waters are simply gone at that point

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr hand View Post

It could be that the waters are simply gone at that point
        I've worked with that one, too.
        And although promising, it didn't come as close to convincing me that I had it 'nailed down' .
        https://www.classicthesaurus.com/dry_up

Comment

I've worked with that one, too.
          And although promising, it didn't come as close to convincing me that I had it 'nailed down' .
          https://www.classicthesaurus.com/dry_up
          Huh, that's the only one that's ever convinced me, crazy ole poem.
          Last edited by Mr hand; 09-06-2019, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• Following up on a previous post ( #1875 )

" Compensation for being quiet

Last evening, when I had an idle moment, I walked around our pond and sat on a rock by the waterfalls. I do that whenever I can because opportunity doesn't like to be kept waiting.
            The serenities of nature were all around, and they prompted me to pause and reflect. "
            https://dalneitzel.com/2015/09/28/sc...red-forty-six/

Compensation for . . .
            something-for-something
            something in return
            balance
            make good
            redress
            https://www.classicthesaurus.com/compensation_for

redress =
            answer for
            https://www.classicthesaurus.com/redress/synonyms
            Now, hold that thought for a moment, I'll get back to it.

". . . I had an idle moment . . ."
            I was at a halt.

" . . . sat on a rock . . . "
            at a halt.

" I do that whenever I can . . . "
            When I have an idle moment.
            When I am at a halt.

" . . . kept waiting. "
            at a halt.

" . . . prompted me to pause . . . "
            at a halt .

Compensation for being quiet . . .
            being quiet
            quiet
            quietness
            being still
            at a halt
            serenity

Now, in that opening paragraph, he mentions water twice.
            And, he has said that the key word is contentment . . .

compensation for = redress = contentment
            https://www.classicthesaurus.com/redress/synonyms

and contentment, as shown previously, can mean serenity.
            and serenity = warm

compensation = bliss
            compensation is an adjustment
            an allowance
            compensation = answer
            guidance
            help
            leverage
            resolution
            leg up
            advantage
            tip
            remedy
            https://www.classicthesaurus.com/compensation

Compensation for being quiet .
            Answer for . . .

Comment

• Serenity now.

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
              --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

• Too Far to Walk
                is a scrapbook of memories. “Some of the photos and drawings are a peep-back into my early life and the way things used to be when gas was 11 cents a gallon,” says Fenn. “Others depict a colorful life lived out on the edge where the cautious and faint of heart fear to go.”
                https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rocky...9?guccounter=2

" . . . a colorful life lived out on the edge where the cautious and faint of heart fear to go. "

No place for the meek . . .

Comment

No place for the meek . . .
                  Which place are you referring to?

Comment

• For years, searchers have been seeing page 99 of TTOTC as a 'map' .
                    Then, Forrest comes along and places an X on this 'map', and that creates quite the buzz.
                    Scores of searchers are probably now on anti-anxiety medication due to this.

Take a deep breath folks, and stay behind the caution-tape.

Forrest has said at least once, and I'm thinking maybe even twice, that he would not put an X on a map.
                    Chew on that for a bit . . .

Comment

• Here is a random thought --- Remember SB 133? The one with the jar of chocolate coins and Forrest pic on lid? I keep trying to come up with clever metaphors about the lid maybe being the poem, and the way to get to the coins is to solve the poem. Or even bowling references with a ball and aiming correctly for the X (strike).

We keep being told to simplify, right? How about this....to get to the coins (treasure) you must turn the lid 'counter-clockwise'. It's that easy!!! All we have to do is have something in our solve go this direction!

On the other hand, this may be that 'low' hanging fruit Forrest talks about leaving alone. There is so much information out there to sort through!! I don't know weather or knot to believe anything anymore.

Maybe I'll just go back in the box now....

MC

Comment

• Searcher A : Let's go searching in the Rocky Mountains for Forrest Fenn's treasure.
                        Searcher B : Okay, where at in the Rocky Mountains do we search for it ?
                        A : Well, we Begin it where warm waters halt.
                        B : And where is that ?
                        A : Well, it's where the warm waters halt.
                        B : Okay, but how do we know where that is ?
                        A : Well, we look for warm waters and figure out where they halt.
                        B : But what is it that we're looking for ?
                        A : I already told you, we're looking for warm waters.
                        B : But, what is warm waters ?
                        A : It doesn't matter, you idiot, we just need to find where they halt.
                        B : But, shouldn't we need to know what they are, in order to figure out where they halt ?
                        A : Look, moron, how many times I gotta tell you that it doesn't matter what we are looking for, it only matters that we find where they halt ?
                        B : I really don't see how we can search for something without first knowing what it is we are searching for.
                        A : That's because you're an idiot with pre-conceived biases.
                        B : Okay, where are we going to look for these warm waters ?
                        A : Well, we're going to start where this warm river meets up with this colder river.
                        B : Why ?
                        A : Because the warm waters halt when they join the colder water.
                        B : Isn't that a good example of pre-conceived bias ?
                        A : No, you ninny, anyone can see that the warm waters halt when they mix with the cold water !
                        B : But they haven't really halted, they've just changed temperature and are still moving .
                        A : Good lord, are you really that dense ? They are no longer warm, so they have halted.
                        B : But the poem doesn't say that they've stopped being warm, it says that they have halted.
                        A : That's right, you idiot, they have halted being warm !
                        B : So you're saying that halt means they are no longer warm from this point ?
                        A : That's right.
                        B : So, you are saying that we need to know what halt means ?
                        A : Of course we need to know what it means ! Geezus , you're a real idiot.
                        B : But we don't need to know what warm waters means ?
                        A : Damn. You're pretty freakin stoopid. For the thousandth time, NO, we don't need to know what they are, we just need to find where they halt !
                        B : Okay, and you're saying this one river is warm because of what ?
                        A : Because it's pleasant to swim in, it's not too cold.
                        B : Isn't that a pre-conceived bias ? Haven't you already decided what warm waters are ?
                        A : The freakin water is warm, dude, trust me. Dip your toe in it and you'll see.
                        B : Feels a bit cool to me.
                        A : What evvs, it's warmer than the one it joins up with over there. That means that this is where they halt.
                        B : But there are many places like this in the RMs . Isn't this a bit like throwing darts at a map ?
                        A : Idiot.
                        +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I don't interpret warm as a temperature.
                        What you consider to be warm water might still feel a bit cool to me.
                        http://www.myweather2.com/swimming-a...emp-index.aspx

Comment

• Muaahahahahaha I can clearly see certain users here on Thor when reading this! Thanks, RT! You made my day!

Comment

Searcher A : Let's go searching in the Rocky Mountains for Forrest Fenn's treasure.
                            B : But, shouldn't we need to know what they are, in order to figure out where they halt ?
                            A : Look, moron, how many times I gotta tell you that it doesn't matter what we are looking for, it only matters that we find where they halt ?
                            B : I really don't see how we can search for something without first knowing what it is we are searching for.
                            A : Well, we're going to start where this warm river meets up with this colder river.
                            A : No, you ninny, anyone can see that the warm waters halt when they mix with the cold water !
                            B : But they haven't really halted, they've just changed temperature and are still moving .
                            A : Good lord, are you really that dense ? They are no longer warm, so they have halted.
                            B : But the poem doesn't say that they've stopped being warm, it says that they have halted.
                            A : Damn. You're pretty freakin stoopid. For the thousandth time, NO, we don't need to know what they are, we just need to find where they halt !
                            B : Isn't that a pre-conceived bias ? Haven't you already decided what warm waters are ?
                            A : The freakin water is warm, dude, trust me. Dip your toe in it and you'll see.
                            A : What evvs, it's warmer than the one it joins up with over there. That means that this is where they halt.
                            B : But there are many places like this in the RMs . Isn't this a bit like throwing darts at a map ?

Title: Flippin' rebuttal
                            LOL, although I do think he's right about the where...not the 9 sentences thing
                            Last edited by Mr hand; 09-13-2019, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Searcher A : Let's go searching in the Rocky Mountains for Forrest Fenn's treasure.

All,

This entire write up may be derived from one who has the mindset of an oversimplified clue, that being that the entire first clue is just: "begin it where warm waters halt"

If that is indeed the case then one will be focused on trying to determine what warm waters halt is, because to that individual it will be imperative to figuring what warm waters halt is so that they can then identify all of them within the entirety of the Rocky Mountains, then go looking for a canyon and a brown, which I'm sure they will find many coincidences based upon that belief. This is, in my opinion, what most, if not all, searchers have been doing for nearly 10 years.

But, I am a nine sentences are the nine clues believer, thus the first clue is a complete sentence, so there are more words or ingredients to that first clue then just that single line. And along that same line of thinking, there are 8 more sentences to go, which may encompass the big picture.

So, swing and a miss!!

Seannm
                              Last edited by Seannm; 09-13-2019, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seannm View Post

All,

This entire write up may be derived from one who has the mindset of an oversimplified clue, that being that the entire first clue is just: "begin it where warm waters halt"

If that is indeed the case then one will be focused on trying to determine what warm waters halt is, because to that individual it will be imperative to figuring what warm waters halt is so that they can then identify all of them within the entirety of the Rocky Mountains, then go looking for a canyon and a brown, which I'm sure they will find many coincidences based upon that belief. This is, in my opinion, what most, if not all, searchers have been doing for nearly 10 years.

But, I am a nine sentences are the nine clues believer, thus the first clue is a complete sentence, so there are more words or ingredients to that first clue then just that single line. And along that same line of thinking, there are 8 more sentences to go, which may encompass the big picture.

So, swing and a miss!!

Seannm
                                Then again, anyone who has been around for awhile would know that the "entire write up" was written by someone who is NOT known for 'over-simplifying' any of this, now wouldn't they ? When have you ever known me to take the simple approach to any of this ? That's a very bizarre thing for you to even suggest, Sean. So, "swing and a miss" is certainly descriptive of your analysis of my "mindset". Come on, ya gotta do better than that. Everyone here knows that I'm not some hillbilly simpleton, so please don't pat me on the head and say "bless his heart". If you want to debate, fine. But you'll need to bring a bit more respect than that.

Your opinion is duly noted.
                                However, it is also noted that Forrest Fenn has said : " They're gonna have to figure out the clues, DECIPHER what they say, and go right straight to the treasure chest. "
                                " THE FIRST CLUE IN THE POEM IS 'BEGIN IT WHERE WARM WATERS HALT' . THAT'S THE FIRST CLUE ."

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000421278828

THAT, is indeed the case, according to the 'mindset' of the Man himself. Therefore, at this point in time, I must reject your opinion, in favor of what Forrest Fenn has said the first clue is. He stated very clearly what the first clue is, and he said nothing at all about the remainder of the sentence. That in itself, might make one question the 9 sentence = 9 clue theory.

Thanks for the response, but I got it on my end.
                                So don't spend too much time analyzing how I may or may not operate in my approach.

Feel free to now tell me that Forrest meant something other than what he clearly stated.

Comment

Working...
                                X