Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking at the 'Big Picture' . . .

    What, exactly, is the big picture ?
    And, where is it found ?
    Is this a hint ?
    Will it help with a clue(s) ?
    How ?

    Is it hinted at in the poem ?

    Look quickly down your quest to cease.
    take a quick look
    To look quickly, is to catch a glimpse.
    https://www.classicthesaurus.com/cat...impse/synonyms

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
      Looking at the 'Big Picture' . . .

      What, exactly, is the big picture ?
      And, where is it found ?
      Is this a hint ?
      Will it help with a clue(s) ?
      How ?

      Is it hinted at in the poem ?

      Look quickly down your quest to cease.
      take a quick look
      To look quickly, is to catch a glimpse.
      https://www.classicthesaurus.com/cat...impse/synonyms
      Big picture is found on page 99
      The box is found on page 128
      Last edited by TreasureCodex; 07-16-2019, 01:03 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

        Big picture is found on page 99
        The box is found on page 128
        So, do you see a relation between "Look quickly down your quest to cease" and page 99 ?

        I have a thing for connecting words and word meanings, and how they might relate to the poem.
        My approach shows that "look at the big picture" might possibly be connected to a line in the poem, as I 've shown above.
        Do you feel that page 99 is relative to words/lines in the poem ?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

          So, do you see a relation between "Look quickly down your quest to cease" and page 99 ?

          I have a thing for connecting words and word meanings, and how they might relate to the poem.
          My approach shows that "look at the big picture" might possibly be connected to a line in the poem, as I 've shown above.
          Do you feel that page 99 is relative to words/lines in the poem ?
          "Look quickly down your quest to cease" is not a clue in my solve.
          When Forrest had said "to get back in the box" he was directing to use method in solving the first 2 clues as they are illustrated in picture on page 128.

          Click image for larger version  Name:	fenn.jpg Views:	0 Size:	185.8 KB ID:	108747


          When Forrest had said "Look at the big picture" he was referencing page 99 picture

          Click image for larger version  Name:	image_6130.png Views:	3 Size:	392.2 KB ID:	108751
          Attached Files
          Last edited by TreasureCodex; 07-16-2019, 02:08 PM. Reason: I had to add notations to page 99 solution

          Comment


          • It looks like hints are flying in all directions or are those clues? It is definitely creative. I say what we have in our hands is the puzzle of the century! Like any puzzle, they are best solved one piece at a time. Often one can’t see how it all fits together until most of the pieces have fallen into place. What is required to successfully complete a puzzle? One must decide to start and have the tenacity to not give up!
            Last edited by Dampenedmyth; 07-18-2019, 01:59 AM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Dampenedmyth View Post
              It looks like hints are flying in all directions or are those clues? It is definitely creative. I say what we have in our hands is the puzzle of the century! Like any puzzle, they are best solved one piece at a time. Often one can’t see how it all fits together until most of the prices have fallen into place. What is required to successfully complete a puzzle? One must decide to start and have the tenacity to not give up!
              Subtle hints.
              Here is the key !

              Stanza 2

              1. Begin it where warm waters halt and take it in the canyon down
              2.1 Put in
              2.2 below
              2.3 the home of Brown
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Stanza 3 - 5

              3. From there it's no place for the meek
              4. The end is ever drawing nigh
              5. There'll be no paddle up your creek
              6. Just heavy loads
              7. and water high
              8. If you've been wise and found the blaze
              9.1 If you are brave
              9.2 and in the wood
              Last edited by TreasureCodex; 07-17-2019, 02:38 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
                Looking at the 'Big Picture' . . .

                What, exactly, is the big picture ?
                And, where is it found ?
                Is this a hint ?
                Will it help with a clue(s) ?
                How ?
                It's funny the things we find: https://www.buildingrecords.us/blog/...ps-for-success

                "Many architects organize their sheet index by beginning with the overall ‘big picture’ view and then narrowing down to the finer details."

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
                  What, exactly, is the big picture ?
                  The big picture is what exists outside the poem, IMHO.

                  Comment


                  • I got an email from someone today who says the treasure has been found.
                    Here, let me share it with you . . .

                    dewd
                    Anonymous <[email protected]>

                    sh**forbrains, yeah u, over at fatboyslims/kpro ********. the chest was found, so eat **** and have fun foolz
                    ================================================== =================================

                    Should I believe this ? Or should I continue to take satisfaction from knowing that I irritate this loser so much with my comments here ?
                    It's really a shame that he always hides behind anonymous emails.
                    He probably feels threatened by me.
                    It must really suck, not having the courage or the skill to debate in a fashionable manner.

                    I'm guessing that my skepticism of the wwwh website is what threw him into a swivet this time.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
                      I got an email from someone today who says the treasure has been found.
                      Here, let me share it with you . . .

                      dewd
                      Anonymous <[email protected]>

                      sh**forbrains, yeah u, over at fatboyslims/kpro ********. the chest was found, so eat **** and have fun foolz
                      ================================================== =================================

                      Should I believe this ? Or should I continue to take satisfaction from knowing that I irritate this loser so much with my comments here ?
                      It's really a shame that he always hides behind anonymous emails.
                      He probably feels threatened by me.
                      It must really suck, not having the courage or the skill to debate in a fashionable manner.

                      I'm guessing that my skepticism of the wwwh website is what threw him into a swivet this time.
                      No treasure or chest and born in a swivet no less. Another poor soul without a clue at best. So sad thinking a faceless human thinking like this.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
                        I got an email from someone today who says the treasure has been found.
                        Here, let me share it with you . . .

                        dewd
                        Anonymous <[email protected]>

                        sh**forbrains, yeah u, over at fatboyslims/kpro ********. the chest was found, so eat **** and have fun foolz
                        ================================================== =================================

                        Should I believe this ? Or should I continue to take satisfaction from knowing that I irritate this loser so much with my comments here ?
                        It's really a shame that he always hides behind anonymous emails.
                        He probably feels threatened by me.
                        It must really suck, not having the courage or the skill to debate in a fashionable manner.

                        I'm guessing that my skepticism of the wwwh website is what threw him into a swivet this time.
                        So you got an email from some Lost Puck.

                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puck_(folklore)

                        Comment


                        • "No Mike, everything in the chest is straight forward and visual . . . Oops, I forgot, there is one thing in the chest that I have not talked about except to say I don't want to talk about it."
                          https://mysteriouswritings.com/featu...-with-forrest/

                          everything in the chest
                          one thing in the chest

                          Where else, other than this comment, has he ever said that he doesn't want to talk about this thing ?

                          ". . . there is one thing in the chest that I have not talked about . . ."

                          "There was almost nothing, but we did shoot one animal that I promised not to talk about."

                          So, there's one thing in the chest that he has not talked about, AND, there's one thing in nature that he promised not to talk about.

                          in the chest = in nature
                          https://www.classicthesaurus.com/in_nature

                          "there is one thing" = one thing
                          one thing = thing for her (pleased when she sees it)
                          one thing = one location
                          one thing = one place
                          one thing = never talked
                          https://www.classicthesaurus.com/one_thing

                          There is one thing in the chest I have not talked about.
                          There is one place in nature I have never talked about.

                          Figure all of this out, and you'll get the location of a place that, to my knowledge, he has never talked about.
                          And the brilliance in all of this, is that both the poem and the book hint at this location without giving you the name of the location.

                          All of the above works for me. Your mileage may vary.

                          Comment


                          • ed
                            Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
                            "No Mike, everything in the chest is straight forward and visual . . . Oops, I forgot, there is one thing in the chest that I have not talked about except to say I don't want to talk about it."
                            https://mysteriouswritings.com/featu...-with-forrest/

                            everything in the chest
                            one thing in the chest

                            Where else, other than this comment, has he ever said that he doesn't want to talk about this thing ?

                            ". . . there is one thing in the chest that I have not talked about . . ."

                            "There was almost nothing, but we did shoot one animal that I promised not to talk about."

                            So, there's one thing in the chest that he has not talked about, AND, there's one thing in nature that he promised not to talk about.

                            in the chest = in nature
                            https://www.classicthesaurus.com/in_nature

                            "there is one thing" = one thing
                            one thing = thing for her (pleased when she sees it)
                            one thing = one location
                            one thing = one place
                            one thing = never talked
                            https://www.classicthesaurus.com/one_thing

                            There is one thing in the chest I have not talked about.
                            There is one place in nature I have never talked about.

                            Figure all of this out, and you'll get the location of a place that, to my knowledge, he has never talked about.
                            And the brilliance in all of this, is that both the poem and the book hint at this location without giving you the name of the location.

                            All of the above works for me. Your mileage may vary.
                            Let's not forget the thing promised not to be talked about had happened between two people. We can assume the other is now dead and the animal/thing/place remains a mystery

                            Comment



                            • ΩΩ = two flat tires.

                              If you're out at the lake and have two flats and only one spare, then you're certainly up the creek without a paddle.
                              https://www.oldsantafetradingco.com/blog/concy-and-me

                              Comment


                              • So why is it that I must go
                                and leave my trove for all to seek ?

                                Over the years, there's been plenty of discussion surrounding this question.
                                But most, if not all of it, has been centered around a singular way of looking at the question itself.
                                All of the conversation, as far as I'm aware of, has taken this to mean that we should ask ourselves why he did it.

                                As with everything else in this chase, there is another way of looking at this question.

                                So why is it that I MUST go . . .
                                Looking at it this way, would suggest that it was an obligation, a requirement.
                                It was something that he HAD to do.

                                Taking this line of thought even further, another question is revealed.

                                So why is it that I must go
                                and leave MY trove for all to seek ?

                                WHY ME ?
                                Why not someone else ?
                                Why am I the one that must do it ?

                                Maybe . . . because he is the last surviving person who knows the secret ?

                                If all of the information we need is in the poem, then this would suggest that the poem solves itself.
                                so why = I must
                                https://www.classicthesaurus.com/so_why

                                Secrets aren't broadcast, they're whispered.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X