Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The answers I already know" LOL

Next to Nun!
    Last edited by NoStaticAtALL_IN_hi-deaf; 07-07-2019, 01:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post
      We do have to consider all Forrest has said in his story's about the chase. But it would be a mistake to take anything literal any further than being a hint or clue. Just like the carefully crafted poem I'm sure he carefully crafted the surrounding stories he would tell. "The answers I already know".
      I am one who firmly believes that he actually intended to go out on his own terms. He would take the treasure, go to his hide, and punch the clock.
      He was asked if the spot where the treasure slumbers is the same spot that he originally intended to carry this out, and his answer was Yes.

His family would have been looking for him, not some box of pretties.
      He would have been seen as a missing person, initially.
      They would have found the poem, and the very first line would have suggested that the poem was describing the place where they could find him.

I'm looking for his final resting place.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoStaticAtALL_IN_hi-deaf View Post
        "The answers I already know" LOL

Next to Nun!
        So you think Forrest does not already know the answers ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

I am one who firmly believes that he actually intended to go out on his own terms. He would take the treasure, go to his hide, and punch the clock.
          He was asked if the spot where the treasure slumbers is the same spot that he originally intended to carry this out, and his answer was Yes.

His family would have been looking for him, not some box of pretties.
          He would have been seen as a missing person, initially.
          They would have found the poem, and the very first line would have suggested that the poem was describing the place where they could find him.

I'm looking for his final resting place.
          So do all the places people trek out to for days on end equal such a place to accomplish said deed ?

Comment

So do all the places people trek out to for days on end equal such a place to accomplish said deed ?
            Nope.

Comment

Nope.
              Well, we found common ground there. I just choose to use Forrest's words on subject as literary instead of literal. Have you got your general location nailed down ? Because for me that is done and I'm going toward early retirement whether I win or lose.

Comment

Have you got your general location nailed down ?
                Yes. My general location is still the same one I started with.

Comment

Yes. My general location is still the same one I started with.
                  Personally I think being confident in general location is important. Without confidence there is nothing to keep a person tight focused.

Comment

• Drove into town earlier to run an errand.
                    I was waiting at the stoplight and saw something that made me smile.
                    Gramma and Grampa had eight gkids crossing in the crosswalk. They looked to be in the range of age 7 and down.
                    Gramma was at the front of the line and Grampa was bringing up the rear.
                    What made me smile was that each of the kids were holding on to individual rings on a rope. Each ring was a different color.
                    As I sat there, I could see the thrill and excitement in their little faces, they were heading to Mickey D's across the street, surely to get Happy Meals and play in the indoor playground.
                    At this moment in time, those eight kids were full of anticipation and excitement.
                    It was a wonderful experience for me.

Thank you, Forrest.
                    Last edited by ROLL TIDE; 07-08-2019, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OH!!
                      The ninth clue is more than likely a date-mark. Post-marks have a date and probably their meaning. It will be written small in red Ochre or chiseled, but you probably have to flip the rock over to see the date. When you find this, you dig. Or a metal detector will aid if you are in the right spot.
                      What if you find the date-mark in a place where you can't dig?

Comment

• Originally posted by OH!!

As with a shovel? Nearly all of the national forest allow you to stack rocks for geocaching and if there is a depression it can be legally filled.
                        Okay, we are in different spots, but thank you for clarifying.

Comment

• Originally posted by OneMoreBOTG View Post

What if you find the date-mark in a place where you can't dig?
                          " You're not supposed to dig where you're not supposed to dig." ~ Forrest Fenn
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpoTMXvb_cA

Comment

" You're not supposed to dig where you're not supposed to dig." ~ Forrest Fenn
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpoTMXvb_cA
                            Don't worry, it would be impossible for me to dig there, which is why I don't think it means to dig.

Comment

• Forrest said the chest was wet.
                              Then he said it again.
                              And now, as of Saturday, he once again says it is wet.

"If you are in the right spot, something you haven't thought about should be obvious to you."

So, the chest is still wet.
                              Man, this is worse than waiting for paint to dry.
                              https://www.classicthesaurus.com/do_not_touch

Comment

Forrest said the chest was wet.
                                Then he said it again.
                                And now, as of Saturday, he once again says it is wet.

"If you are in the right spot, something you haven't thought about should be obvious to you."

So, the chest is still wet.
                                Man, this is worse than waiting for paint to dry.
                                https://www.classicthesaurus.com/do_not_touch
                                I must have missed this. What did he say on Saturday about the chest being wet?

Comment

Working...
                                X