Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
    "You guys are having too much fun. Cynthia, I want to buy everyone at the function a beer, Please tend to that for me and I"ll settle with you later. And please sign my name in the book. It is spelled B R A D P I T T. f"

    ROFL.

    Please tend to that for me and I"ll settle with you later.
    I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

    Until then, it's unsettled.
    https://www.classicthesaurus.com/wimpy

    sign my name
    sign for me
    everything is in order
    https://www.classicthesaurus.com/well_for_me/synonyms

    it is spelled B R A D P I T T
    It is spelled out.

    NAILED IT DOWN

    https://www.classicthesaurus.com/spelled_out/synonyms/2

    I'm having way too much fun.


    Good work ! A Wimpy burger was only a nickel. But for 20 cents Wimpy got 30 of them.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
      "You guys are having too much fun. Cynthia, I want to buy everyone at the function a beer, Please tend to that for me and I"ll settle with you later. And please sign my name in the book. It is spelled B R A D P I T T. f"

      ROFL.

      Please tend to that for me and I"ll settle with you later.
      I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

      Until then, it's unsettled.
      https://www.classicthesaurus.com/wimpy

      sign my name
      sign for me
      everything is in order
      https://www.classicthesaurus.com/well_for_me/synonyms

      it is spelled B R A D P I T T
      It is spelled out.

      NAILED IT DOWN

      https://www.classicthesaurus.com/spelled_out/synonyms/2

      I'm having way too much fun.


      When it's spelled out...
      Throw light upon
      Illustrate
      Defined
      Decode
      Decipher
      Clue in
      Untangle
      Unfold
      Never share your secret with anybody. It will destroy you. -Chanakya

      Comment


      • Important Literature

        B R A D P I T T

        The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, loosely based on the 1922 eponymous short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald. First published in Collier's Magazine on May 27, 1922. It was subsequently anthologized in his book Tales of the Jazz Age, which is occasionally published as The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Other Jazz Age Stories.

        Fitzgerald, in his introduction to the story, remarks that he came across a similar plot in Samuel Butler's Note-Books several weeks after publishing Benjamin Button.

        In 1921, British novelist Oliver Onions published a novel, The Tower of Oblivion, about a man of 45 who begins to age backward, to grow younger.

        A story with a similar plot was published in 1921 by the Austrian author Roda Roda in Die sieben Leidenschaften (The seven tempers; Rikola Verlag, Vienna 1922) under the title "Antonius de Padua Findling". J. G. Ballard's 1961 story "Mr F. is Mr F." features a man who regresses from adulthood to infancy when his wife becomes pregnant.

        Manuel de Pedrolo's 1975 Trajecte final ("Final journey") collection of short stories contains a story ("El regressiu" - "The regressive") set in a dystopian future with strict birth control in which a man starts regressing in age when he hits 78 and dies as an infant.

        The short story "Angel of the Backward Look" by Jennifer Loraine is about a man who starts to get younger, losing height and weight and regressing in age and mental ability.

        In W. P. Kinsella's 1986 novel The Iowa Baseball Confederacy, the character Marylyle Baron tells a tale about "strange happenings" in Johnson County, Iowa: "The Backwards Plague" struck in the early 1900s. Young men and women in their late teens to early twenties suddenly started losing body mass. Eventually, they regressed to their birth weight, looking like newborn babies. At that point the plague stopped, and its victims began to grow again. In T. H. White's The Once and Future King, an Arthurian fantasy novel published in 1958, Merlyn the magician is depicted as living backwards through time. In the comic 2000AD, issue 308, 19 March 1983, there is a story called "The Reversible Man" which starts with the man lying on the ground having died and he travels backwards through his life getting younger. He sees his children get "unborn" and he "unmeets" his wife and he regresses to babyhood and is eventually unborn himself. Another story based on a similar plot is The Confessions of Max Tivoli, a novel by Andrew Sean Greer. Ray Bradbury's 2001 novel From the Dust Returned contains a short story ("Make Haste to Live") in which an old woman is born in a grave and regresses in age as time passes.
        Never share your secret with anybody. It will destroy you. -Chanakya

        Comment


        • Time ticking away, time going backward, tick-tock, retrogressive, winding down
          Never share your secret with anybody. It will destroy you. -Chanakya

          Comment


          • Spelled BRADPITT. That’s pretty loaded. He is a complex character for sure. Here is an interesting read.

            https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...61249675815249

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Dampenedmyth View Post
              Spelled BRADPITT. That’s pretty loaded. He is a complex character for sure. Here is an interesting read.

              https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...61249675815249
              Wasn't he the one on The Big Short and made a killing on WallStreet and then bailed living on the land and planting Heirloom seeds. But he was still wealthy.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Fogel View Post

                Wasn't he the one on The Big Short and made a killing on WallStreet and then bailed living on the land and planting Heirloom seeds. But he was still wealthy.
                Fogel, off topic here, i could not help but notice your plight lately. This World is full of ignorant people who will try to bring you down. Rise above them and they will disappear. One other word of advice , put your cell phone up when you want down time (privacy). I too have experienced what you are going through and I made it through, so can you. Enjoy TTOTC instead of (their) TTOTC enjoying you.
                P.S. use your local library's computers also.

                Comment


                • "A River Runs Through It"
                  Robert Redford
                  Brad Pitt
                  "Movies lie to you."
                  Figure it out.

                  Comment


                  • I loved “A River Runs Through It.” I also enjoyed “Meet Joe Black” and pretty much all movies I’ve seen with Brad Pitt.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JaS<3 View Post

                      Fogel, off topic here, i could not help but notice your plight lately. This World is full of ignorant people who will try to bring you down. Rise above them and they will disappear. One other word of advice , put your cell phone up when you want down time (privacy). I too have experienced what you are going through and I made it through, so can you. Enjoy TTOTC instead of (their) TTOTC enjoying you.
                      P.S. use your local library's computers also.
                      Thanks. Tried some of it. When I went to the local library, interestingly enough the entire library system went down and never really came back up. One group of hackers is after something other than cues or a bronze box and they will not give it up. I took care of it another way. But they will continue hacking and mocking in code. --

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Fogel View Post

                        Thanks. Tried some of it. When I went to the local library, interestingly enough the entire library system went down and never really came back up. One group of hackers is after something other than cues or a bronze box and they will not give it up. I took care of it another way. But they will continue hacking and mocking in code. --
                        Take your mind off what they are doing and put your mind on what you are doing. Enjoy YOUR thrill of the chase.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Dampenedmyth View Post
                          I loved “A River Runs Through It.” I also enjoyed “Meet Joe Black” and pretty much all movies I’ve seen with Brad Pitt.
                          I just love Brad Pitt.

                          Comment


                          • Its Bowing in Medicine Snow mountains, CO. today. Summer. Below alpine elevations.
                            Questing song: "Knocking at Your Back Door" Deep Purple
                            (The Thrill of the Chase)
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7GERh0sQzY

                            Comment


                            • Speaking of my boyfriend Brad Pitt, a good show to watch is “Inglorious Bastards.” Pitt is Lt. Aldo Raine and he’s fantastic in it. Watch the scene where he has his men lined up and he explains the debit they will owe him.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Copper View Post
                                Speaking of my boyfriend Brad Pitt, a good show to watch is “Inglorious Bastards.” Pitt is Lt. Aldo Raine and he’s fantastic in it. Watch the scene where he has his men lined up and he explains the debit they will owe him.
                                IMHO, Fight Club, Meet Joe Black, and Snatch were Mr. Pitt’s best roles.

                                mm
                                If you would like to know my W.W.W.H., get a list of over 600 G.N.I.S. potential ones, and another list of 5,000 searchable springs with coordinate information, you can literally buy it here for $25: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283499665615

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X