Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They Called Him "Sir"...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • They Called Him "Sir"...

    Hats off to respect and all that, but...what if;

    The "Sir" was staged by his family?

    What if the family had no idea why f asked them to do this when searcher "friends" were in attendance?

    Maybe the big guy was hitting the info seekers in the face with clues, like a glove slap..."take that", shhlaaap. Teaching them a lesson, without knowing it was a lesson, when in fact the lesson was actually a covert lesson, within a lesson.

    Forrest was no ordinary fool. (fool, lol, what a joker)
    $1000 cash prize - The Hint of Riches - Forrest Fenn's Treasure Hunt

  • #2
    Sir-used as a polite or respectful way of addressing a man, especially one in a position of authority.

    Sir-(in Britain) used as a title before the given name of a knight or baronet.

    Quest-(in medieval romance) an expedition made by a knight to accomplish a prescribed task.

    Title-a right or claim to the ownership of property or to a rank or throne.

    “I can keep…”
    keep-the strongest or central tower of a castle, acting as a final refuge.

    I(Forest) Forest-(in England) an area, typically owned by the sovereign and partly wooded, kept for hunting and having its own laws

    “I find solace in the solitude of trees”…
    Why couldn’t they take away his name?
    Why extend an olive to him?
    Why have his own rules?
    Why the Chase?
    For whom do bells toll for?
    Why his callsign “kingfisher”


    Is his final refuge where he finds comfort? In the solitude of trees? Maybe if we’re brave and in the wood, he’ll forego the title and give it to us? Hmmm just thinking out loud lol.

    Comment


    • #3
      Good Day Sir!

      Comment


      • #4
        You guys can make up all sorts of excuses, but that is weird. That is definitely something that FF dictated not the daughters.
        Two reasons I can think of:
        1) he didn't want to feel 'old' so he didn't want to hear grandpa all the time
        2) he was a control freak, demanded respect, etc

        It's just weird. And why all the searchers that came over haven't brought this up earlier is weird too. Why are we finally hearing this?

        Comment


        • #5
          Sol lace and saying thank you every time.

          https://www.awatrees.com/2017/02/16/...through-trees/

          Comment


          • #6
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuP65tdFUZc

            Comment


            • #7
              This just fits with Forrest's generation and expectations of the father figure.
              I had to call my dad Sir.
              Just goes to show he grew up to be just like his father. You can tell there's deep seeded affection and admiration there. I wouldn't be surprised if Fenn's spot was only shared between Forrest and his father. Two can keep a secret and his father had past. Jack saw this too and I believe I've found the slip up.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by djjmciv View Post
                This just fits with Forrest's generation and expectations of the father figure.
                I had to call my dad Sir.
                Just goes to show he grew up to be just like his father. You can tell there's deep seeded affection and admiration there. I wouldn't be surprised if Fenn's spot was only shared between Forrest and his father. Two can keep a secret and his father had past. Jack saw this too and I believe I've found the slip up.
                Skippy became his 'father figure' - Skippy was like "a god" to him, it's why he has Skippy is pictured as "FATHER" in the lower left picture on page 122 (compare that face with Skippy's face in the picture on page 56) in TTOTC.
                To be right for someone, you have to be willing to be wrong for someone else.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I don't see how any of this "Sir" stuff relates to the treasure hunt. But good luck to all serious searchers in this who haven't yet given up.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
                    I don't see how any of this "Sir" stuff relates to the treasure hunt. But good luck to all serious searchers in this who haven't yet given up.
                    Depends on ones point of view!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post
                      You guys can make up all sorts of excuses, but that is weird. That is definitely something that FF dictated not the daughters.
                      Two reasons I can think of:
                      1) he didn't want to feel 'old' so he didn't want to hear grandpa all the time
                      2) he was a control freak, demanded respect, etc

                      It's just weird. And why all the searchers that came over haven't brought this up earlier is weird too. Why are we finally hearing this?
                      Thanks for the insight, Sir.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DanNun View Post
                        Sir-used as a polite or respectful way of addressing a man, especially one in a position of authority.

                        Sir-(in Britain) used as a title before the given name of a knight or baronet.

                        Quest-(in medieval romance) an expedition made by a knight to accomplish a prescribed task.

                        Title-a right or claim to the ownership of property or to a rank or throne.

                        “I can keep…”
                        keep-the strongest or central tower of a castle, acting as a final refuge.

                        I(Forest) Forest-(in England) an area, typically owned by the sovereign and partly wooded, kept for hunting and having its own laws

                        “I find solace in the solitude of trees”…
                        Why couldn’t they take away his name?
                        Why extend an olive to him?
                        Why have his own rules?
                        Why the Chase?
                        For whom do bells toll for?
                        Why his callsign “kingfisher”


                        Is his final refuge where he finds comfort? In the solitude of trees? Maybe if we’re brave and in the wood, he’ll forego the title and give it to us? Hmmm just thinking out loud lol.
                        Almost sounds like someone is hinting at an additional hunt, perhaps in the UK. Even tho' I'm here, I won't bite as it's most
                        likely just another pile of BS to add to the over-sized pile 'bout ready to topple ! --wouldn't wanna be like Biff (?) in the BTTF films.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BigOnus View Post
                          Hats off to respect and all that, but...what if;

                          The "Sir" was staged by his family?

                          What if the family had no idea why f asked them to do this when searcher "friends" were in attendance?

                          Maybe the big guy was hitting the info seekers in the face with clues, like a glove slap..."take that", shhlaaap. Teaching them a lesson, without knowing it was a lesson, when in fact the lesson was actually a covert lesson, within a lesson.

                          Forrest was no ordinary fool. (fool, lol, what a joker)
                          I don't think that is the case at all . Good luck to all of us still searching !!!!!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I believe Forrest felt like he was Sir Charms aka Lucky the Leprechaun. We were after his treasures after all and he did say they were at the end of his rainbow. He threw out some phrases from time to time that Lucky would say, wore the purple sweater to some interviews and book signings and showed and talked about horseshoes on many occasions. He used the phrase "good luck" when replying to most searchers as well.

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20210417_140649.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	284632

                            F's lucky shoe on the edge of his park..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              As I recall, there’s a chapter in TTOTC where Forrest was visiting Peggy’s family in Eunice, La. I’m willing to bet the “sir” thing came from Peggy’s side of the family and not Forrest. In Louisiana, it’s common practice to say “sir” or “ma’am.” It’s called respecting your elders and it’s taught very early on. When mama calls your name, you better not answer with “what” or “yeah.” You answer with “ma’am.” Same thing with dad — you better answer with “sir.” This applies anybody who is speaking to someone of an older generation, no matter what your age. And it doesn’t only apply to your parents/family. It applies to anyone older than you.

                              It’s not strange to me at all that Forrest’s kids and grandkids called him sir. Like he told Dal, it’s about respect. It’s just our way of life.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X