X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colokidd
    replied
    Originally posted by JamboSummer88 View Post
    I was looking for a chest of gold in the mountains. What do you believe is this other “priceless treasure” that is the true solution? I think most of us were looking to find gold, not Jesus or the meaning of life or whatever. What was everyone else looking for? Honestly curious...
    I guess the best way to answer without giving anything away is to be very general.

Even though the Poem still leads you to a physical chest of gold, when you discover the nature of the Poem, you will slowly begin to also discover Forrest’s hidden clues, and soon realize that the “chase” is the true and priceless treasure.

Leave a comment:

• Fenndery
    replied
    I was looking for Gold . And I found an entire side of a mountain filled with it . I also found the coolest Pirates Hideaway that is right out of ANYONE, who has seen the Goonies ,DREAMS .The perfect hideaway with treasures of unbelievable relevance . Physical things that you cant even use your imagination to dream up. The place is real , more real than anything I have seen imagined or fictionalized .
    It seems a place that DB Cooper would be proud to call his Pirates Cabin in the Woods ...

That is my true story . Believe it or not at your own peril .

Leave a comment:

• Old blue
    replied
    I started out looking for a box of gold and was showed
    so much more I seen places that I never would have I have been happy I’ve been sad I’ve prayed beside my creek in Wyoming I’ve
    cursed ,it has showed me my treasures that I already have and
    I absolutely believe the Bible and especially the life of Jesus will 100% lead us to a garden in the wilderness

Leave a comment:

• Knowledge
    replied
    I was looking for a chest of gold in the mountains. What do you believe is this other “priceless treasure” that is the true solution? I think most of us were looking to find gold, not Jesus or the meaning of life or whatever. What was everyone else looking for? Honestly curious...
    I was looking for gold as well, I found so much more.
    I found a way to help a man I never met, know it could be done.
    I found friends that would never have been and they helped me see.
    I found a river valley that holds secrets that no one would believe.
    Somehow I found the key into what so many want to know.
    How lucky am I to be right where God put me.

Leave a comment:

• Tornado
    replied
    Keep searching. IT will find you. You will be turned upside down and spun by killer clowns on the left, rodeo clowns on the right. Let Pixies be your guide.

Leave a comment:

• colokidd
    replied
    Good question, I’ll answer later. It’s Tee-time.

Leave a comment:

• JamboSummer88
    replied

Leave a comment:

• starwheel
    replied
    Originally posted by colokidd View Post
    Forrest’s imagination should be apparent with all that he had accomplished, and the culmination of that imagination is wrapped up in his poem.

If Shiloh is accepting Jack’s account of finding the chest, he is either conspiring with him or underestimating his grandad’s ability to create the most imaginative treasure hunt of all time.

Everything Forrest ever did was thoroughly thought through and deliberate, with providing for his family in mind, and hiding a million dollar treasure chest was no exception. It was a business deal, not so unlike the deals he struck throughout his life. I’m guessing he rarely made deals where he didn’t come out ahead money wise, or at least break even.

So here’s the deal, “Find my treasure chest using my Poem and I’ll give you title to the gold”. This deal got 350k people looking for a treasure chest.

Suppose Forrest meant for “gold” to mean “solution”, would you have looked at the deal and the Chase differently?

The Poem’s solution is the true and priceless treasure, it is the exclamation point of Forrest’s life’s journey. The solution is what the Chase was all about and it is where Forrest and family gain to profit the most from the deal.

The below was not a flippant quote cited by Forrest, quoting it was well thought out and with important relevance with the Chase in mind.

"They never knew that it was the chase they sought and not the quarry."

Forrest was forgoing the treasure chest in hopes that someone would solve his Poem for all the world to share and enjoy while putting substantial money in the pockets of the Fenn family, and hopefully into the solver’s pockets as well.

But the risk was, if the solution is never known then Forrest will have lost everything, making it a horrible deal and not good for the family. He would have to be content with knowing future generations will possibly discover the thrill of discovery.

Jack believes the chest was the treasure, it is not, and if Jack never releases his solution, what does that tell you about his story?

A question for you: If the “Solution” is indeed the actual treasure, do you still believe Jack to be the finder?

I will give Shiloh the benefit of the doubt and assume he is just ignorant concerning his granddad’s imagination, commitment to his family and the Chase, and not a conspirator.
    colokidd This is an excellent post, it has so much of what I believe within it also. Really well expressed.

Leave a comment:

• colokidd
    replied
    Originally posted by elperro View Post
    I’m never “out of ignorance.” I’ve always got more than enough to share.
    When you are out of imagination reality sucks.

Leave a comment:

• elperro
    replied
    I’m never “out of ignorance.” I’ve always got more than enough to share.

Leave a comment:

• colokidd
    replied
    Originally posted by colokidd View Post
    The solution’s value depends on how well it’s marketed. With Jack’s marketing, the value of the solution is $0.00, whereas anyone else’s marketing skills, the value could be priceless.
    In other words, a superficial solution ain’t going to cut it. If you believe the poem’s solution is just vague instructions to a treasure chest as Jack seems to believe, then you haven’t solved the Chase. Forrest created a functional and priceless masterpiece. With imagination you can see the poem come alive as a guide, that’ll take you to a precise 10”x10” spot. No one shouldn’t expect anything less from the late, great Forrest Fenn.

Leave a comment:

• Old blue
    replied
    Originally posted by Deja View Post
    Something is an upwards foot and it possibly wears an anklet along with a backwards bicycle- Seat of the Soul- I bet someone found the Trove in the garden.
    You are 100% correct

Leave a comment:

• Deja
    replied
    Something is an upwards foot and it possibly wears an anklet along with a backwards bicycle- Seat of the Soul- I bet someone found the Trove in the garden.

Leave a comment:

• whiskynovember
    replied
    Originally posted by Leaf Blazeikson View Post

I am SO wrapped up in other things- I'd stumble back in and nothing would be new. It'd be like staying away from my friend's TV parties. If you want power- keep the Leaf in high regard, and please let me reign 15 minutes here and there, because you saw what the other user said on my one rowdy post today: "The forum has become interesting again." Keep it in perspective- power is in strange places around here. There be wizards.
    Originally posted by kpro View Post

They were not talking about you when they said this place is becoming interesting again.
    No, no, no, to the primper, everything is always about him. Mirror mirror on the wall .....

Leave a comment:

• Suzy
    replied
    Originally posted by Tornado View Post

How about milk tale steak sunny side up and a moon pie? Milk steak. Hmm.
    The milk's already been milked about as long as she can be milked. And the steak is yet to be staked, and them are the stakes. LOL!

Edit: Philly was a nice addition.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X