What is the second clue in the poem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the second clue in the poem?

I think most people agree that the first clue is WWWH, but what about the second? There seem to be two schools of thought. Some people think that the nine clues are a combination of locations and directions, while others think that the nine clues refer to only locations that you can mark on a map.

For the locations/directions people the second clue is most likely “take it in the canyon down”. For the locations only people the second clue is either put in or hoB.

I think this is one of the most important quotes from Forrest regarding this issue:
    “There are several people that have deciphered the first two clues. I don’t think they knew it, because they walked right on past the treasure chest.”
    Notice how he said “walked”. If you’re in your car at WWWH and “canyon down” tells you to go down a canyon, then you are most likely still in your car. If canyon down is the second clue, then how is it that searchers walked by the treasure? Did people park at WWWH and start walking from there? Since the next line tells us that the distance is TFTW, this doesn’t make any sense.

There’s also this:
    "If you knew the geographic location of each clue it would be map to the treasure”
    This seems to say that the clues are locations only.

If the clues are locations only, then the first location is WWWH. Forrest said there are three or four clues in the second stanza. After WWWH the next clue location you come to is “put in”. That would make the third clue location, the one that only Jack figured out, the hoB.

From WWWH we are supposed to go down a canyon. This is a direction. NF,BTFTW tells us how far down the canyon to go, so it is also a directional clue. If “put in” is the location where you park then the next clue location is hoB. The two-clue solvers found the correct parking place. After that they got out of their car and walked right past the treasure without going to hoB.

Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post
    I think most people agree that the first clue is WWWH, but what about the second? There seem to be two schools of thought. Some people think that the nine clues are a combination of locations and directions, while others think that the nine clues refer to only locations that you can mark on a map.

For the locations/directions people the second clue is most likely “take it in the canyon down”. For the locations only people the second clue is either put in or hoB.

I think this is one of the most important quotes from Forrest regarding this issue:
    “There are several people that have deciphered the first two clues. I don’t think they knew it, because they walked right on past the treasure chest.”
    Notice how he said “walked”. If you’re in your car at WWWH and “canyon down” tells you to go down a canyon, then you are most likely still in your car. If canyon down is the second clue, then how is it that searchers walked by the treasure? Did people park at WWWH and start walking from there? Since the next line tells us that the distance is TFTW, this doesn’t make any sense.

There’s also this:
    "If you knew the geographic location of each clue it would be map to the treasure”

If the clues are locations only, then the first location is WWWH. Forrest said there are three or four clues in the second stanza. After WWWH the next clue location you come to is “put in”. That would make the third clue location, the one that only Jack figured out, the hoB.

From WWWH we are supposed to go down a canyon. This is a direction. NF,BTFTW tells us how far down the canyon to go, so it is also a directional clue. If “put in” is the location where you park then the next clue location is hoB. The two-clue solvers found the correct parking place. After that they got out of their car and walked right past the treasure without going to hoB.
    This should be a great discussion.

1. so we all agree WWWH is the first clue and a location.
    2. My thinking is that canyon down is both a clue and a direction. Imagine if there was a canyon up from WWWH and a canyon Down from WWWH. So you need Canyon down to complete the second clue.
    NF,BTFTW has always been part of clue two for me. In my mind it’s the canyon down that’s too far to walk. Perhaps there’s a canyon down that’s not far so it’s not that one. Hope that makes sense.

So first two clues are driving. IMO.

And RG you know my theory about people correctly solving and driving the first two clues then somewhere is close proximity they arriving at the correct search area but didn’t correctly solve hoB/not correctly knowing they were there. so picnic/spring breakers. Jack had the first 8 clues and couldn’t find it so two clues not even close to finding but yes, possibly in the correct area but maybe simply by proximity to correctly solving first two clues.

sorry a little long.

Comment

You want answers? Got to my page on Youtube "Bird in Charlotte", I have a video up that shows all the clues and Hints and even points to the exact spot and shows you everything, nothing held back. I dare ya

Comment

"Not far, but too far to walk." should be included as part of clue two if you interpret it as a relative distance. If you interpret TFTW as an exact distance (e.g. "10 miles"), then it serves to define the area for home of Brown and should be it's own clue. The clues aren't there to confirm each other. Instead, they should lead you to the next one. I think each clue expresses a movement or orientation forward.

I pair canyon down and TFTW together as clue two.

Comment

Originally posted by thehomeofBrown.com View Post
          "Not far, but too far to walk." should be included as part of clue two if you interpret it as a relative distance. If you interpret TFTW as an exact distance (e.g. "10 miles"), then it serves to define the area for home of Brown and should be it's own clue. The clues aren't there to confirm each other. Instead, they should lead you to the next one. I think each clue expresses a movement or orientation forward.

I pair canyon down and TFTW together as clue two.
          If the first clue is WWWH and the second clue is canyon down +TFTW, then you drive down the canyon a distance that is TFTW. At that point you are still in your car. Then the third clue would be "Put in below the hoB". It seems like you wouldn't be walking until after the third clue. Forrest said that people got the first two clues and walked right on past the chest.
          If the second clue is "put in" then you'd be walking after the second clue.

Comment

There’s also this:

If you think that out of perhaps hundreds of thousands of searchers, only Jack figured out the third clue location, I suggest you think again. And keep working on a solve. Good luck to you. By the way, why do you want to count/separate clues? Is it too hard to understand the poem just by reading it and following its directions?
            Last edited by Old Pilot; 05-03-2021, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Every two lines starting with
              Begin it where warm water halt
              And take it in the canyon down.

The last clue is
              If you are brave and in the wood
              I give you title to the gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post

This should be a great discussion.

1. so we all agree WWWH is the first clue and a location.
                2. My thinking is that canyon down is both a clue and a direction. Imagine if there was a canyon up from WWWH and a canyon Down from WWWH. So you need Canyon down to complete the second clue.
                NF,BTFTW has always been part of clue two for me. In my mind it’s the canyon down that’s too far to walk. Perhaps there’s a canyon down that’s not far so it’s not that one. Hope that makes sense.

So first two clues are driving. IMO.

And RG you know my theory about people correctly solving and driving the first two clues then somewhere is close proximity they arriving at the correct search area but didn’t correctly solve hoB/not correctly knowing they were there. so picnic/spring breakers. Jack had the first 8 clues and couldn’t find it so two clues not even close to finding but yes, possibly in the correct area but maybe simply by proximity to correctly solving first two clues.

sorry a little long.
                I think I understand. At one time I thought that WWWH might be near Yellowstone Lake and the canyon down the North Fork of the Shoshone. It's separated from Yellowstone Lake by a distance that's NF,BTFTW.
                The problem is that you're still in your car when you get to the third clue. I think the second clue has to be the parking location in order for people to get the first two clues and then walk past the treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Bird1432 View Post
                  You want answers? Got to my page on Youtube "Bird in Charlotte", I have a video up that shows all the clues and Hints and even points to the exact spot and shows you everything, nothing held back. I dare ya
                  I dare ya to post a link to the video. If something isn't user-friendly, I ignore it.

Comment

Here are a couple examples of what I mean:

For people who think you need to cross the Madison River, the hoB would mark the spot where you need to cross. Since the parking location (put in) is below the hoB, you would need to head upriver from where you park in order to reach the crossing spot.

For the people who like Slough Creek, the hoB would be Slough Creek Campground. The parking location (put in) would be the Slough Creek Trailhead parking. From there you head upriver through Slough Creek Campground (the hoB) in order to get to the crossing spot.

Comment

If the first clue is WWWH and the second clue is canyon down +TFTW, then you drive down the canyon a distance that is TFTW. At that point you are still in your car. Then the third clue would be "Put in below the hoB". It seems like you wouldn't be walking until after the third clue. Forrest said that people got the first two clues and walked right on past the chest.
                      If the second clue is "put in" then you'd be walking after the second clue.
                      I think you're inferring more from Forrest's statement than exists there. The two clue solvers could have walked past the chest at any point while BOTG. Not necessarily immediately after getting to their second clue physically. Can you exclude that possibility?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDRjfxb129I
                        here is your answer

Comment

Clue 2 would be: "Put in below the home of Brown"

"And take it in the canyon down" is an instruction (no unknown value to solve)

"Not far, but too far to walk" is an observation (no unknown value to solve)

The LGFI or LBFT cannot get 'closer' than those first two clues because NPFTM is a reference to hell/the devil (guy with the big horns or Bighorns). Thus, they would not belong there at their age.

Comment

I think I understand. At one time I thought that WWWH might be near Yellowstone Lake and the canyon down the North Fork of the Shoshone. It's separated from Yellowstone Lake by a distance that's NF,BTFTW.
                            The problem is that you're still in your car when you get to the third clue. I think the second clue has to be the parking location in order for people to get the first two clues and then walk past the treasure.
                            I do believe the correct solution requires driving to the “put in” which is below hoB. The one possibility for me has always been that by close proximity (because the clues are contiguous) that someone arrived at the correct “put in” but didn’t understand hoB. So they got out of the car walked around not knowing why they were there (not solving hoB) or the other clues and walked within 500 or 200 ft.

Comment

The warm waters is flaming gorge, the canyon down as a crow flies is 47 miles, route 318 to 10 n watch my video I was the one.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDRjfxb129I

Comment

Working...
                              X