"Ferd"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Star Shadow View Post
    The "re" between the F&D, once broken up, could only be repaired by an "er". Either way, the poor guys name held special meaning once healed.
    That's a good one too. Will explain it one day.

Comment

Its the ferd of May today...

Comment

Old Pilot The clue is in the word 'subliminal' and he links it to the girls name. Check out the word 'Subliminal' it has other alternative words like: hidden, concealed. So what is hidden in the subliminal reason he called her 'Angel'? There is the real clue you should be seeing.

Comment

"Ferd" means an expedition or journey. A pot in the ground (the divorce) symbolizes the 'end of ferd', end of the journey, and the hiding method of the treasure.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ferd#...et%20of%20fyrd.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post

It was in OUAW and yes, I always thought it must be kind of a hint...
            For an intentional hint, it's pretty lame -- in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by starwheel View Post

Old Pilot It initially came out as a Scrapbook entitled 'Divorce Logic'. Forrest said he could not remember the girls name, quote: "So for some subliminal reason I'll call her 'Angel" which is an anagram of 'ANGLE' and the size of the pot she made was 18 x 10 which is 180. And 180 degrees is the angle he was referring to, it represents the arc of a 'Rainbow'
              Claiming that 180 degrees represents the arc of a 'Rainbow' is too much of a stretch for me (even though FF said the poem is straight forward). Hee hee!

Comment

Originally posted by UNtitleD Brave View Post

Sorry, but no ! h.o.B is not a real human habitation.
                It could be (in my solve).
                Is the State of New Mexico a "real human habitation"?

Comment

Originally posted by starwheel View Post
                  Old Pilot The clue is in the word 'subliminal' and he links it to the girls name. Check out the word 'Subliminal' it has other alternative words like: hidden, concealed. So what is hidden in the subliminal reason he called her 'Angel'? There is the real clue you should be seeing.
                  Clue? I don't theenk so. Hint? Maybe (a small one at best).

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Obviously not lame enough for you to not dedicate a thread to it, hmmm?
                    „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                    G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Well, she nailed it before firing it. I’m not sure because I’m not a ceramicist, but wouldn’t that crack it all to pieces? So- she hammered it with nails, burned it, cracked it, somehow wrapped it all back together (barbed wire?), buried it with a ton of rocks, screamed at it for some reason, and then felt better. I have a feeling her ex wasn’t a good guy. Can’t remember the story, but if she wrote the name ‘Ferd’ instead of screaming it- maybe she didn’t Actually want to equate the two (pot and man) symbolically due to some superstitious mumbo jumbo.
                      I shoulda been a shrink.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
                        Well, she nailed it before firing it. I’m not sure because I’m not a ceramicist, but wouldn’t that crack it all to pieces? So- she hammered it with nails, burned it, cracked it, somehow wrapped it all back together (barbed wire?), buried it with a ton of rocks, screamed at it for some reason, and then felt better. I have a feeling her ex wasn’t a good guy. Can’t remember the story, but if she wrote the name ‘Ferd’ instead of screaming it- maybe she didn’t Actually want to equate the two (pot and man) symbolically due to some superstitious mumbo jumbo.
                        I shoulda been a shrink.
                        I'm tellin ya . You and JDER got mad skills . I say heck with it and anoint yourself . Like Really , print out one of those Diplomas , like the 1 Oh! did, stick it in a frame, run a full page color ad like Mr. Fenn, and make some bank girl ! I mean , it is true that people think youre an expert if you do full page ads.

Comment

Maybe she found out Ferd was just one foot short of the i deal.

Comment

I see this as an aberration, intended as a tiny hint. This was the mis-spelled name of a woman's ex-husband/fiance/boyfriend in one of Forrest's writings. It wasn't in TTOTC. The book was either TFTW or UOAW. Not a biggie, but it took me a while to figure this one out. And no, it's not a game-changer. Please remember that (in my opinion) a hint is only confirmation of a correct bit of solving.
                            It his an aberration! Here is the tiny hint

Ferd not counting the key letters. ED=. RF=. 18+6=24

This is everywhere, see my post on Important Literature.

Give me some another stuff that looks like an aberration and I’ll show you how it works.

Comment

Patients=66=36=18. The key is 24 and 18. or in a word SEND.

‘’Only the phantom knows’. Phantom =73-14(N)=59. 59=4 or 14. 18

Indulgence =49. 49=36=18. NDENE=42. 42-18=24
                              Tarzan= 46=24

dollers= 57-28=29. 29=18
                              know lege nd. All =18. You have to have the legend to his map.

All the author, names and book titles also work in IT. Give me somethings that stick out. Ferd is a good one

Comment

Oh, I forgot to say that I am a shareholder of a company that produces anaglyph glasses. It seems they are suddenly running out of stocks. Any idea why?
                                But this must be coïncidence....

Comment

Working...
                                X