F's Favorite "Alone" Fishing Holes - Down to Three

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F's Favorite "Alone" Fishing Holes - Down to Three

If the chest is located where f wanted to die and it's his favorite fishing hole where he could be alone, I feel it is completely safe to say, we are now down to three spots.

Forrest's Favorite Fishing Holes:
    1. Madison River
      1. Nine Mile Hole - you guessed it, nine miles from the entrance, only room for one fisherman
    2. Firehole River
      1. Places pictured in Flywater - "I always thought that space was mine alone"
    3. Other Locations
      1. Slough Creek - Where he was alone and the Moose made him run up a tree
    Forrest's Favorite Fishing Holes:
    1. Madison River
      1. Slow Bend - five miles up from the entrance
      2. Nine Mile Hole - you guessed it, nine miles from the entrance, only had room for one fisherman
      3. Water Hole - about eleven miles from the entrance
    2. Firehole River
      1. Places pictured in Flywater
    3. Other Locations
      1. Slough Creek - Where the Moose made him run up a tree
      2. Grebe Lake - Where he fished w/ Concy Wood
    -----------------
    “The Madison River in the park had three good fishing holes; the Slow Bend (five miles up,) the Nine Mile Hole (you guessed it, nine miles,) and the Water Hole, (about eleven miles). These were our secret names and the great fishing spots were also TOP SECRET.

It was important that we beat my grandfather (old Charlie Simpson) to these fishing places, especially the Nine Mile Hole that had room for only one fisherman.”
    - f (Ramblings & Rumblings)
    ------------------
    "Today I pulled a book from a shelf that had been long forgotten as my thoughts drifted by enroute to new ideas to be tried and new experiences to be had. But this volume made me pause. It’s called Flywater and is about the great fishing places in the western part of this country. Several of the wonderful color plates are of places where I fished in Montana as a kid under the tutelage of my father, or where I guided others for pay when I was but twelve and thirteen.

Those great places on the Firehole, which were personal secrets to me then, are now busy with the flourish of fishermen and women who cast a midge or floating cadis upon the same waters, never knowing I had been there, or even caring yes or no. I always thought that space was mine alone, and many of the memories there bred are even now still so personal that they exclude the intrusion of strangers. How dare they do that?" - f (Bozeman Chronicle)
    ------------------

Slough Creek - Forrest Fenn where he was alone.

Working...
X