Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Odious Soul Give Us a Hint?!

Someone left a comment on Shannon's video...here is an excerpt:

"Something else.. I don’t think any roads were open to travel, except Mammoth to Cooke City, until after the beginning of June. Maybe only workers and Cooke City residents were even allowed in? He would have only had 4-5 days to search. OR.... would have only had access to the Mammoth to Cooke City roads, which is in the area of Slough Creek."

Shannon replied: "....or....?"

I think this could be hint. I will admit, this is confirmation bias, but a good argument nonetheless. Shannon wrote "or" as though she's asking for the correct spot from the commenter. But I think the commenter mentioned the right spot and Shannon is hinting at that. My interpretation is that it is NOT Slough Creek but on that road....Cooke City/NE area. What do you think?

Shannon's full of buffalo dung.

She was promoting hedge trimmers on YouTube the other day. I was gunna ask if could call round and trim her bush in the garden, test em out.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Hopper View Post
      Shannon's full of buffalo dung.

She was promoting hedge trimmers on YouTube the other day. I was gunna ask if could call round and trim her bush in the garden, test em out.
      I don't agree with how Shannon is handling this, but I do believe the entire email story is true.

Comment

I think the simplest answer to "...or?..." is that it wasn't that entrance Jack used. The other entrances weren't closed in early June. You could access the entire lower loop from both WY entrances on like May 18. So the easiest answer is that he didn't need to worry about road closures because the roads he needed were in fact open already. I could Google when the Montana entrances opened, but I think it was June 2.

Comment

Shannon's description of a ten mile rectangular area fits the Madison river inside Yellowstone perfectly. Just wanted to point that out. Jack didn't need a lot of time to find it in 2020. He had already put in enough work so that he knew right where to go and finish his thorough search via his GPS records of EXACTLY where he had been and what areas he covered. The GPS stuff is what did it for him - it allowed him to be systematic and cover every foot of the area, some of which he had already covered and eliminated.

Comment

Originally posted by June Did Everything Right View Post
            I think the simplest answer to "...or?..." is that it wasn't that entrance Jack used. The other entrances weren't closed in early June. You could access the entire lower loop from both WY entrances on like May 18. So the easiest answer is that he didn't need to worry about road closures because the roads he needed were in fact open already. I could Google when the Montana entrances opened, but I think it was June 2.
            If he didn't have to wait for road closures then why did he wait until W. Yellowstone entrance was open?
            Also, if you are going by what Shannon is saying as evidence or truth, then you have to take into consideration that Shannon said she had been to the spot but she wasn't searching at the time. Shannon has never been to Slough Creek.

You can't pick and choose what Shannon things you believe or don't believe to fit your narrative. You have to either take it as: Shannon is telling the truth or Shannon is lying

So nope. It wasn't Slough Creek because Shannon has never visited Slough Creek or even been within 40 miles of it.
            Last edited by Cary_Galloway; 05-02-2021, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by My Chase Quest View Post

I don't agree with how Shannon is handling this, but I do believe the entire email story is true.
              Even so, its 50/50 whether Jack told the truth about his search area. It was a competition, the prize was big and if he found it he certainly aint stupid. There's even speculation he didnt find it, so those odds are slashed to the point of not wasting brain cells thinking about it.

The real answers are in the poem and the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post

If he didn't have to wait for road closures then why did he wait until W. Yellowstone entrance was open?
                Also, if you are going by what Shannon is saying as evidence or truth, then you have to take into consideration that Shannon said she had been to the spot but she wasn't searching at the time. Shannon has never been to Slough Creek.

You can't pick and choose what Shannon things you believe or don't believe to fit your narrative. You have to either take it as: Shannon is telling the truth or Shannon is lying

So nope. It wasn't Slough Creek because Shannon has never visited Slough Creek or even been within 40 miles of it.
                I don't think Shannon knows anything at all. I'm not picking and choosing. Just pointing out that what she's intimating might mean "Or different entrance." I haven't heard at all that Jack waited for West entrance to open. For all I know, he entered the park via Cody or Jackson entrances and searched for ten days before finding it somewhere off the Madison. He had access to the loop and all of the road leading toward the West entrance there along the Madison.

If Jack entered via the north entrance, that one was closed to visitors for as long as West was closed, wasn't it? Didn't they open all MT entrances on the same day to visitors. It was a state thing that kept those closed, not Federal.

What if Jacks search days were divided more like this:

2018: 5 days
                2019: 10 days
                2020: 10 days

I think a lot of people are making assumptions that look more like this:

2018: 10 days
                2019: 10 days
                2020: 5 days

I don't think we have been told anything about how many days he searched by year. I think we're all making a lot of assumptions that he just went and grabbed it the last time around. He reported being exhausted from searching, which might mean that the last trip he spent 20 damn days out there. At least, for all I know. I don't think he'd have had that deep sense of relief if the last trip was just a day or two or three. I bet he went all in and was there the day the park opened any entrance.

My biggest question is how the hell he was running out of water while searching. Lol. So confusing.

Comment

"Something else.. I don’t think any roads were open to travel, except Mammoth to Cooke City, until after the beginning of June. Maybe only workers and Cooke City residents were even allowed in? He would have only had 4-5 days to search. OR.... would have only had access to the Mammoth to Cooke City roads, which is in the area of Slough Creek."

I think this could be hint. I will admit, this is confirmation bias, but a good argument nonetheless. Shannon wrote "or" as though she's asking for the correct spot from the commenter. But I think the commenter mentioned the right spot and Shannon is hinting at that. My interpretation is that it is NOT Slough Creek but on that road....Cooke City/NE area. What do you think?
                  I think there is nothing relevant here as far as a correct solution. But, I am glad people are still thinking about it.
                  Last edited by elperro; 05-02-2021, 04:32 PM.

Comment

My biggest question is how the hell he was running out of water while searching. Lol. So confusing.
                    Like this??

Click image for larger version

Name:	Running out of water.jpeg
Views:	179
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	282163

Comment

the road from Gardiner to Cooke city (goes right through mammoth )is maintained and remains open year round, Yellowstone Forever teaches winter classes at the Lamar Buffalo Ranch in the winter time and that road is open not only to residents but is the only road that is open year round to park visitors, many people go there to watch the wolves in the wintertime. As highway 212 through the bear tooth range is closed winters the route from Cooke City to Gardiner is the only way for the residents of Cooke City and Silvergate to access medical care and groceries during the harsh winter months. look at the Yellowstone forever website and you will see listings for winter classes, if you cant find them on the calendar then go through the newsletters (PDF's) there will be listings of events.. last winter most events were canceled because of Covid but last year was the exception not the rule....

Comment

Originally posted by elperro View Post

I think there is nothing relevant here as far as a correct solution. But, I am glad people are still thinking about it.
                        It is completely relevant to a correct solution.. that road is the solution, the north east entrance and the fact that the north eastern section of the park has year round access is the solution.. The road up Slough Creek is gated in the winter and has nothing to do with the solution.. forest said he could access the treasure year round per his comment, Jack said it was found in Wyoming those two facts alone narrow things down considerably when you factor in 9 other clues.. it eliminates large swathes of Wyoming and the park. If it is in YNP then the only part of the park that makes sense based on road closures alone is the north east section of the park.. once we get to that part of the park it narrows down HOB and WWWH to that corridor of accessibility.. be excited, this becomes incredibly easy from this point forward.

Comment

Originally posted by 1keyword View Post

It is completely relevant to a correct solution.. that road is the solution, the north east entrance and the fact that the north eastern section of the park has year round access is the solution.. The road up Slough Creek is gated in the winter and has nothing to do with the solution.. forest said he could access the treasure year round per his comment, Jack said it was found in Wyoming those two facts alone narrow things down considerably when you factor in 9 other clues.. it eliminates large swathes of Wyoming and the park. If it is in YNP then the only part of the park that makes sense based on road closures alone is the north east section of the park.. once we get to that part of the park it narrows down HOB and WWWH to that corridor of accessibility.. be excited, this becomes incredibly easy from this point forward.
                          I can hardly contain my excitement.

Comment

no they weren't were they? if he was in West Yellowstone and wanted to access the north east section of the park (Lamar valley) were the roads open? was Dunraven Pass open.. because June or not that's usually one of the last rds in the park that they have cleared, and even then its not uncommon for summer snow storms to close it. happened to me twice in one August trip. The first time we got Stuck in the snow going over the pass and had to wait until they reopened it the next day to travel back over it from canyon village to the Lamar valley.

Comment

It really takes experience and discipline to not let yourself divert to faces, what you are being told and your own hopes when seeking truth - is what I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X