Your quest to cease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
    I'm not much one to encourage a "sour grapes" attitude, but I could certainly understand it in this treasure hunt.
    I find that comment to be hillarious... your not much one to encourage a "sour grapes" attitude? really? your one of the biggest trolls on this site.. and just love to jump in and encourage discord in other peoples post.. whatever dude I guess paint the picture however you like but there's what comes out of your mouth vs the truth, delusional internet posting troll guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenndery View Post

Thank you for offering a different angle. I was not seeing the question in that light , and now makes much more sense . I appreciate you taking the time to re explain it to me voxpops . Good luck to you if you are still searching !
      Thanks Fenndery , and the best of luck to you too!

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post
        my quest will cease when I find that special spot..... with or without the trove. What a trip!
        1f Billy
        If the trove isn't there, how will you know you're at that special spot?

Comment

Don't know about a message for poverty, but it may have been "If you've been wise and recognized how vague and ambiguous my language is quit looking for this treasure and go about your life before you waste it."

Or maybe there was a Blaze and a treasure box full of gold hidden in Wyoming and only Jack was smart enough to find it.

Comment

That’s one helluva good question.

Comment

Your [mode of travel within the poem] will [come to an abrupt and unpleasant end].

Comment

Well when I'm thinking about my future, I'm looking down the road at what lays ahead.....

Comment

Because "I" believe that there will be a sign that one has come to the end, a new beginning.

If the trove is there, I will leave my contact information there so that those that closely follow and find that special spot can share in the victory of solving Forrest's plan.
                  I cannot imagine the disappointment of having a correct solve and coming away empty handed. In part, one of the main themes in Forrest's plan was a foundation of brotherly love.
                  We're all in this together. Being a mason, I will. use my trowel to spread the mortar (cement) between us.

1f Billy

Comment

when you are forced, out of morbid curiosity, to pull the string ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxgLizgJ914&t=2s

Comment

Originally posted by Flutterby Phil View Post

when you are forced, out of morbid curiosity, to pull the string ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxgLizgJ914&t=2s
                      Is that like pulling grandpa’s finger?

Comment

Originally posted by 1&Only1Trailblazer View Post

Is that like pulling grandpa’s finger?
                        interestingly, my grandpa had THIS EXACT Lauffin Head on the wall in his kitchen!
                        I now have it at my house ... only, it wouldn't work, so I mailed it to this dude out west ...
                        he's an ECCENTRIC ... freaking OBSESSED with LAUFFIN HEADS ... has MOST of them,
                        trying to collect them ALL ... so I sent mine to him on the promise he could "make it work" ....
                        this weird dude gets the thing, and he start coveting it's TONGUE ... I shit you not man ...
                        apparently he had a model of this one, but it was missing a TONGUE ... only, he couldn't
                        just say ... "Bro! I'm a freak, and I MUST HAVE your TONUGE ..."

Instead, he gives me a day by day, play by play progress report on my Lauffin Head's health,
                        each day, it gets worse and worse ... it's like he's the MD, and he's reporting to me from the IU
                        that my Lauffin Head's fate is looking grim ... then this looney tune tries to ... awkwardly ...
                        nonsensically ... leverage the fact that he "could" ... possibly SAVE ... nay REVIVE my
                        Lauffin Head, but he'd need to take its tongue ... no shit man. THIS.
                        he promises he could fashion ANOTHER TONGUE to take its place.
                        in a place of zero leverage I shirkingly agree.

So the eccentric takes his authentic OEM tongue,
                        and he mails me back my Lauffin Head ...
                        it's in what I'd call "barely working order" ....
                        it will work ... which is to say, it will laugh SLOWLY,
                        and distortedly, IF ... IF you pull the tie SO gd HARD
                        it feels like you are breaking the thing.
                        the action is so tense, man I can't even tell you.
                        it about gives me an anxiety attack every time
                        i try to yank on the thing.

this life ....
                        stranger than fiction.

and just so you know I'm not ishin ya ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Who's Lauffin Now ....PNG
Views:	98
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	282316
                        Last edited by Flutterby Phil; 05-02-2021, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Awesome story, thanks for the laughs, at least a cat didn’t get your tongue. Ha ha

Comment

Doug Preston could write a book on that story!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1&Only1Trailblazer View Post
                              Doug Preston could write a book on that story!!
                              hahaha, hell yeah he could!!!

it gets so awkward when you're having in-depth 40 minute conversations about your precious "Lauffun Head"
                              with the only man in American who can save his life, and truly a mad genius, only ... as the conversation progresses,
                              you realize through the wilderness of meandering dialogue, the true price is ... his TONGUE ... and his little white tie ...
                              #StrangerThanFiction!!!!

Name:	laffun head request.PNG
Views:	88
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	282337

Click image for larger version  Name:	lauffun 1.PNG Views:	1 Size:	22.1 KB ID:	282327
                              Last edited by Flutterby Phil; 05-02-2021, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flutterby Phil View Post

interestingly, my grandpa had THIS EXACT Lauffin Head on the wall in his kitchen!
                                I now have it at my house ... only, it wouldn't work, so I mailed it to this dude out west ...
                                he's an ECCENTRIC ... freaking OBSESSED with LAUFFIN HEADS ... has MOST of them,
                                trying to collect them ALL ... so I sent mine to him on the promise he could "make it work" ....
                                this weird dude gets the thing, and he start coveting it's TONGUE ... I shit you not man ...
                                apparently he had a model of this one, but it was missing a TONGUE ... only, he couldn't
                                just say ... "Bro! I'm a freak, and I MUST HAVE your TONUGE ..."

Instead, he gives me a day by day, play by play progress report on my Lauffin Head's health,
                                each day, it gets worse and worse ... it's like he's the MD, and he's reporting to me from the IU
                                that my Lauffin Head's fate is looking grim ... then this looney tune tries to ... awkwardly ...
                                nonsensically ... leverage the fact that he "could" ... possibly SAVE ... nay REVIVE my
                                Lauffin Head, but he'd need to take its tongue ... no shit man. THIS.
                                he promises he could fashion ANOTHER TONGUE to take its place.
                                in a place of zero leverage I shirkingly agree.

So the eccentric takes his authentic OEM tongue,
                                and he mails me back my Lauffin Head ...
                                it's in what I'd call "barely working order" ....
                                it will work ... which is to say, it will laugh SLOWLY,
                                and distortedly, IF ... IF you pull the tie SO gd HARD
                                it feels like you are breaking the thing.
                                the action is so tense, man I can't even tell you.
                                it about gives me an anxiety attack every time
                                i try to yank on the thing.

this life ....
                                stranger than fiction.

and just so you know I'm not ishin ya ...

Name:	Who's Lauffin Now ....PNG
Views:	98
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	282316
                                subscribe

Comment

Working...
                                X