Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#1) The vault (safe deposit box belongs to the Fenn trust via the S-Corp) Jack cannot access the chest without the Fenn family attorney or possibly Shiloh. Two can keep a secret when ones dead. With his loans and living expenses (having to move and hide) he would have auctioned off already, the value is decreasing..
    IMO

2) You can’t sell what you don’t own, stumbling upon the chest was not the plan of Forrest, he wanted his architectural plan to be completed correctly, it was the only way to start a new beginning with the end, the cycle of life, his life, not an asterisk. The solver never gave a damn about the fame or fortune. There’s way more to life then a bunch of money covered in human feces, and drugs. Nature and the environment will be the beginning of the crazy end.
    Imagination, way better then drugs... ha ha
    To each is own, your all good in my eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by colokidd View Post

. . .
      Jack is solely responsible for this crap of an ending, he is the “finder” who else could possibly be responsible?
      1. Fenn
      2. The real solver.

Do you remember reading "things are not what they seem"?
      Do you remember reading "patience is a virtue"?

Comment

Originally posted by colokidd View Post

“Doing so publicly to a bunch of non-buyers makes no sense.” Why? non-buyers can be found in the public too and non-buyers are only non-buyers until they buy something and then they are known as buyers.

Jack is solely responsible for this crap of an ending, he is the “finder” who else could possibly be responsible?
        Because non-buyers are non-buyers. What I'm getting at is that the likelihood of someone in the community being a potential buyer is pretty low, ergo, Jack sending a rep. to reach out regarding a sale is pretty low. Most buyers in private sales or antiquities auctions are often sent via a rep to a private events. That will likely happen here, and from what I can tell, the community isn't going to be in that position. Nobody's 'responsible' for the ending. The treasure was going to found at some point, and no matter how it played out, people on here weren't going to be happy. People are greedy. Jack found the chest, and people are angry that it wasn't them and are willing to do whatever it takes to point the finger at someone for their lot in life. The countless threads talking crap on Jack. Socially engineering Jack's Facebook password and putting up their findings here, trying to find more pictures of the guy's family to share, putting up pictures of his old apartment and store he shopped at, trying to hire a private investigator, getting information from the bursar regarding his school, etc. I don't blame anyone for the ending. I blame the community for current state of things.
        Last edited by ThanosSnappedtheChest; 05-03-2021, 07:19 AM.

Comment

I'm getting the feeling it was found in Wyoming but retrieved from Colorado. On private lands that required a signed waiver but have been closed for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by 1&Only1Trailblazer View Post
            #1) The vault (safe deposit box belongs to the Fenn trust via the S-Corp) Jack cannot access the chest without the Fenn family attorney or possibly Shiloh. Two can keep a secret when ones dead. With his loans and living expenses (having to move and hide) he would have auctioned off already, the value is decreasing..
            IMO

2) You can’t sell what you don’t own, stumbling upon the chest was not the plan of Forrest, he wanted his architectural plan to be completed correctly, it was the only way to start a new beginning with the end, the cycle of life, his life, not an asterisk. The solver never gave a damn about the fame or fortune. There’s way more to life then a bunch of money covered in human feces, and drugs. Nature and the environment will be the beginning of the crazy end.
            Imagination, way better then drugs... ha ha
            To each is own, your all good in my eyes!
            Are you saying Mr. Fenn did this ? Or that Jacket Hoffa did ? Confused

Comment

What , in your opinion , is the reason he left the treasure in a vault in an another state than which he resides ?

It doesn't matter where it is when he's trying to sell it, he probably wants to travel so makes sense to keep it in one place. There's just no real need to have it with him.

And 2 : Why has he not sold the chest ?

He was trying to get a deal with a museum (or whatever Forrest's wish was, could even have been more complex, another hunt or whatever...) but if that doesn't work he might as well tie the sale to the press around the book in June. So I predict we'll know more next month.

Comment

Originally posted by ThanosSnappedtheChest View Post

Because non-buyers are non-buyers. What I'm getting at is that the likelihood of someone in the community being a potential buyer is pretty low, ergo, Jack sending a rep. to reach out regarding a sale is pretty low. Most buyers in private sales or antiquities auctions are often sent via a rep to a private events. That will likely happen here, and from what I can tell, the community isn't going to be in that position. Nobody's 'responsible' for the ending. The treasure was going to found at some point, and no matter how it played out, people on here weren't going to be happy. People are greedy. Jack found the chest, and people are angry that it wasn't them and are willing to do whatever it takes to point the finger at someone for their lot in life. The countless threads talking crap on Jack. Socially engineering Jack's Facebook password and putting up their findings here, trying to find more pictures of the guy's family to share, putting up pictures of his old apartment and store he shopped at, trying to hire a private investigator, getting information from the bursar regarding his school, etc. I don't blame anyone for the ending. I blame the community for current state of things.
                Yes, Jack is greedy and he took that greed to an unethical level, does that not make you angry? Being unethical is not foreign to Jack, just read some of his published articles and find out for yourself. Those that believe Jack found the chest, are those that see the Chase as he does. There is much more to the Chase then you and Jack could ever imagine.
                Last edited by colokidd; 05-03-2021, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Jack didn't meet Forrest in his home or a hotel. He met Forrest in a lawyer office.
                  I think Jack is doing exactly what he's instructed to do. Exactly what you would be doing if you had found it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenndery View Post
                    What , in your opinion , is the reason he left the treasure in a vault in an another state than which he resides ?
                    Pick one, or as many as you like:
                    No justification to risk transporting it elsewhere
                    Convenience
                    Fenn recommended high valuables storage facility
                    Proximity to possible future auction site

Originally posted by Fenndery View Post
                    And 2 : Why has he not sold the chest?
                    Pick one, or as many as you like:
                    No reason to sell it in a hurry
                    Puerto Rico tax advantages
                    Long term capital gains tax advantages
                    Allowing time for interested parties to gather their resources for bidding
                    Allowing time for the "heat" to subside so the buyer won't have it as bad a Jack

So for these, and any and all of the other reasons others have already posted.

Comment

At this point I am pretty sure there is someone named Jack in one of the four search states.
                      I don't want to push what the evidence has further than shown so far.

Comment

I still see many attacks on the person of Jack. I think he is just doing what Forrest wanted him to do. But of course it is only my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by tootingjo View Post

It doesn't matter where it is when he's trying to sell it, he probably wants to travel so makes sense to keep it in one place. There's just no real need to have it with him.

And 2 : Why has he not sold the chest ?

He was trying to get a deal with a museum (or whatever Forrest's wish was, could even have been more complex, another hunt or whatever...) but if that doesn't work he might as well tie the sale to the press around the book in June. So I predict we'll know more next month.
                          It's possible Forrest had offered a vault, already in reserve, in a bank in case the finder did not want to travel back with the chest. If I lived back east, I would NEVER fly back home with it. Getting through security would be a headache!!
                          I could drive back home in the rental car, but that's a long drive, and I would be paranoid about all the cops on the side of the road waiting to pull me over for speeding, except I'd be the one stopped for going too slow.

Actually I heard that Jack just didn't want anyone to know where he lived, so it was left in Santa Fe. Who knows if that's a true fact, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

1. Fenn
                            2. The real solver.

Do you remember reading "things are not what they seem"?
                            Do you remember reading "patience is a virtue"?
                            Shiloh confirmed that Jack is the person that found the chest. Also, to someone above, the value of the chest doesn't decrease by means of speculation unless that speculation is done by specific people in the market.

Comment

Face it folks. The big treasure was merely a few trinkets and gold coins worth at best a few hundred thousand. Most people weren't even aware of the 'chase' so it wasn't exactly viral. The only person who said it was a 'million dollars in treasure' was Doug Preston - FF never said it. So Jack has a box of gold trinkets, that no one is going to pay big bucks to get - even with a solution. The museums probably just want it donated, they're not paying big bucks for this FF ego trip. The book and/or movie is anticlimactic at this point. Sure, I'd like to hear the solve, but after 10 years of not seeing one single confirmed clue, I am losing interest fast.

Comment

Originally posted by drewman View Post
                                Face it folks. The big treasure was merely a few trinkets and gold coins worth at best a few hundred thousand. Most people weren't even aware of the 'chase' so it wasn't exactly viral. The only person who said it was a 'million dollars in treasure' was Doug Preston - FF never said it. So Jack has a box of gold trinkets, that no one is going to pay big bucks to get - even with a solution. The museums probably just want it donated, they're not paying big bucks for this FF ego trip. The book and/or movie is anticlimactic at this point. Sure, I'd like to hear the solve, but after 10 years of not seeing one single confirmed clue, I am losing interest fast.
                                it was nice hearing from you Drewman Downer.

Comment

Working...
                                X