This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every Jack Believer and Supporter Please Stop in to Comment PLEASE

OK I have 2 questions that I only want your honest , brutal is ok , opinions on . So please , If you believe his story and support it via posts on this forum , then it should not be a problem answering these queries:

What , in your opinion , is the reason he left the treasure in a vault in an another state than which he resides ?

And 2 : Why has he not sold the chest ?

THANKS IN ADVANCE .

Because the sale will be brokered by his lawyer in that location. It seems so simple, I don’t understand any of the controversy. He obviously was instructed to take it to the lawyers and if Forrest was alive he’d give it back otherwise there will have been a process to follow - initiated by ff’s lawyer. This all happened in Sante Fe.

Surely the aim of the game would be to get as much money as possible in the safest, easiest way. Why would you hold on to that kind of valuable set of assets and risk it being stolen?

It’s all plain an simple.

Comment

He’s trying to get a buyer to get as much as possible and there’s probably no one that is interested in more than just the raw gold value, which probably isn’t that high.

There’s a chance of getting it higher if more of a fuss is created around the story (movie? Netflix show?), but the reality is that there weren’t as many of us as we would like to think and none of us likely have the sort of money required.

Or a legal time limit is playing out and then a simple sale can occur- regardless of how low.
      Last edited by BritChaser; 05-01-2021, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenndery View Post
        OK I have 2 questions that I only want your honest , brutal is ok , opinions on . So please , If you believe his story and support it via posts on this forum , then it should not be a problem answering these queries:

What , in your opinion , is the reason he left the treasure in a vault in an another state than which he resides ?

THANKS IN ADVANCE .
        1. Legal issues and wanting to sell it.
        2. Legal reasons.
        “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Maybe, all is not what it seems...
          $1000 cash prize - The Hint of Riches - Forrest Fenn's Treasure Hunt

Comment

1. High value collectibles are best stored by a licensed, insured storage facility in a secure, climate controlled environment.
            2. Taxes. Short term capitol vs long term capitol. Or maybe no one wants it without a clean title.

Comment

THANKS IN ADVANCE .
              Easy for me. #1. Chest is u dear litigation in a New Mexico. Very good chance he could bring out of the state until all litigation is settled. #2. My understanding is he is first trying to sell it to the institution that Forrest had hoped it would end up so everyone could go see it (so Bill Cody Museum or something like that) but deal is slow moving. I also heard (rumor) maybe his asking price is a bit too high.

Comment

THANKS IN ADVANCE .
                I'm not a Jack supporter, and like you I question why he left the treasure in another state than where he allegedly found the treasure, and in another state than which he resides

To answer the second question, why he hasnt sold it yet

https://www.7thheavenproperties.com/...ico-residency/

I think he has been busy establishing residency in Puerto Rico.

I think Jack miscalculated, the solution may be worth more than the chest itself.
                All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

I'm not a Jack supporter, and like you I question why he left the treasure in another state than where he allegedly found the treasure, and in another state than which he resides

I think Jack miscalculated, the solution may be worth more than the chest itself.
                  Porto
                  To be right for someone, you have to be willing to be wrong for someone else.

Comment

All good answers ! I appreciate everyones opinion . It seems like we all have a different one , which I think shows how unique our minds are . Please keep them coming .

Comment

THANKS IN ADVANCE .
                      1. On a long drive, you can't be with your car 24/7. The blaze may have given him second-thoughts about flying it to another state. Not really sure I'd trust UPS for this.

2. Waiting for estate court proceedings to adjourn.

Comment

Originally posted by BritChaser View Post
                        Because the sale will be brokered by his lawyer in that location. It seems so simple, I don’t understand any of the controversy. He obviously was instructed to take it to the lawyers and if Forrest was alive he’d give it back otherwise there will have been a process to follow - initiated by ff’s lawyer. This all happened in Sante Fe.

Surely the aim of the game would be to get as much money as possible in the safest, easiest way. Why would you hold on to that kind of valuable set of assets and risk it being stolen?

It’s all plain an simple.

"plane simple"

Comment

1. He wanted to stay anonymous at the time he made that decision. Transporting and finding a place to store something that famous and valuable would be hard to keep secret.

2. The value might be higher in the future, maybe after the book comes out. Or maybe it’s just a complex thing to arrange.

Comment

1. The Outside article reported that before Forrest died, he was trying to help Jack sell the chest to a "certain party." Since Forrest was going to be the intermediary between Jack and this potential buyer, it would have made sense to leave the chest in a vault near Forrest.

2. Maybe he just hasn't found a buyer or hasn't received any satisfactory offers from potential buyers.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

I think the solution is worth a modest amount.....I mean other than a few hundred, who would really care? And what if it is like Forrest suggested in that nothing is as it seems....Now Jack is "trapped" from ever releasing the solve.....stated in one of Forrest's depositions too wasn't it?? Very slim chance that we will ever get the real official solve......several have tried to pan off fake?/GPS solves and the outcry was loud and immediate.......expect more silence??

Comment

Working...
                              X