Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything But The Blaze -- Madison (Nine Mile Hole)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Knowledge View Post
    Here on Thor, we try to talk around everyone's delusion, like we are telling them there is no Santa.
    There isn't?
    Did he die in a sleigh crash?

Comment

• Honest and sincere question: How can 9 Mile Hole be the correct location when Fenn said there's only one way to get there? This is a sincere question because to me the location doesn't go along with that statement unless Fenn meant that there's only one way to get to there within the wording of his poem only... if that makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fatchocolate View Post
        Honest and sincere question: How can 9 Mile Hole be the correct location when Fenn said there's only one way to get there? This is a sincere question because to me the location doesn't go along with that statement unless Fenn meant that there's only one way to get to there within the wording of his poem only... if that makes sense.
        It is not the solution or the place, it is a solve made up of everything other than the poem and one picture from the book.
        One by one you can take things Forrest said and debunk it, yet they only trust Forrest when it fits their need.
        Same goes for Jack, who they claim as 90 percent of the reason for this solve.
        So it comes down to people taking some searchers area and turning it into a place they want it to be.
        At least one in the HOB group had it for their area before, so they jumped in and everyone followed.
        They don't care about Forrest, that documentary thing is what matters.
        The problem is, we have a group of searcher who looked in the wrong place for years.
        Many are the people that knew Forrest, now instead of admitting they were wrong.
        They are willing to toss Forrest and his legacy aside for their 15 min.
        Anyone with the ability to think, knows if Forrest told the truth, this can't be the right place.
        By the way, Forrest told the truth, and they are dead wrong.

Comment

• Hi Knowledge
          you got it all right.when the right HOB is found that tells you your in the right canyon down and where the rest of the clues are. Clint

Comment

• Vertigo
            Vertigo , so at the location you think the chest was are there wonderful smells of sage, juniper and pine as Forrest has said? Serious question. I have never been there.
            In addition, do you really think Forrest would put the treasure chest on the other side of a river when he said it was not in a dangerous place. Not many people know where or how to cross a river other than use a bridge. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't one of the reasons the chase was designed was to get families out into the woods? No way Forrest was expecting to have children cross rivers.
            crow
            Last edited by crow; 01-06-2022, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fatchocolate View Post
              Honest and sincere question: How can 9 Mile Hole be the correct location when Fenn said there's only one way to get there? This is a sincere question because to me the location doesn't go along with that statement unless Fenn meant that there's only one way to get to there within the wording of his poem only... if that makes sense.
              "When you hid your treasures, did you take the same path that is described in the poem, or were you able to skip some of the steps because of your familiarity with the area?
              Thank you Curtis

The clues should be followed in order Curtis. There is no other way to my knowlege.f"

Source: https://mysteriouswritings.com/quest...enn-archive-1/

Forrest meant the only way to discover the location is to follow the clues in the poem. This applies whether the location is 9 Mile Hole, or anywhere else.

He did not mean there is only one physical route to the location, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vertigo View Post

"When you hid your treasures, did you take the same path that is described in the poem, or were you able to skip some of the steps because of your familiarity with the area?
                Thank you Curtis

The clues should be followed in order Curtis. There is no other way to my knowlege.f"

Source: https://mysteriouswritings.com/quest...enn-archive-1/

Forrest meant the only way to discover the location is to follow the clues in the poem. This applies whether the location is 9 Mile Hole, or anywhere else.

He did not mean there is only one physical route to the location, IMO.
                Forrest said, many searchers correctly deciphered the first two clues. Then goes on to say he doesn’t think they knew it because they walked right past the other 7.

How does this fit into your solve? If WWWH and Madison Canyon are your first two clues…at what point would you be walking past the other 7? If you put in below the hoB? If this is your answer then Forrest must’ve been mistaken because that would tell us they correctly deciphered the 3rd clue right? But he doesn’t say that…he says first two clues.

This statement by Forrest invalidates this solve. If you believe driving was a part of the solve, then a reasonable person would have to believe a clue must be given on when you stop, correct? Or else how would you know when to actually stop? If you believe put in below hoB means to stop at 9mh, then you’re saying that’s the third/fourth clue. But Forrest says they walked past after the first two. See where I’m trying to go with this? Forrest also said in the second stanza that there were 3-4 clues. So before you Put in below hoB you should be walking according to Forrest’s statement…thus proving my point that no driving is involved in solving the poem and hence WWWH could not be Madison Junction in the correct solve. Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by crow View Post
                  Vertigo
                  Vertigo , so at the location you think the chest was are there wonderful smells of sage, juniper and pine as Forrest has said? Serious question. I have never been there.
                  In addition, do you really think Forrest would put the treasure chest on the other side of a river when he said it was not in a dangerous place. Not many people know where or how to cross a river other than use a bridge. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't one of the reasons the chase was designed was to get families out into the woods? No way Forrest was expecting to have children cross rivers.
                  You must be referring to this quote:

"If I was standing where the treasure chest is, I'd see trees, I'd see mountains, I'd see animals, I'd smell wonderful smells of pine needles or pinyon nuts, or whatever, sagebrush. That's what I . . . Those are the impulses that would come to mind."

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBJxGpKgJ0U&t=2935s

As an aside, note that I quoted and linked to the unedited New Mexico Tourism video. Most people seem to quote the edited New Mexico Tourism video, which eliminated Forrest's stumbles and hesitations, including the part where he says, "or whatever." The edited video also splices in Forrest's comment about the chest being wet, which in fact was something he said much earlier in the interview. To best interpret Forrest's words, I recommend listening to the unedited version. Below is a link to the edited version, just for comparison purposes.

Source (Edited Version): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJBakBqwQVs&t=109s

I won't address juniper, because there is no mention of juniper in the quote. I won't address pinyon nuts, because Forrest quickly retracted that in a comment on Dal's blog:

"Halogetter, I just watched that New Mexico Tourism video again and must say that I didn’t say what I was thinking. You cannot smell a pinon nut, but those who pick them know that in doing so you get pine pitch all over your hands, and pine pitch smells about the same no matter what kind of pine tree you are talking about. Looking back I think I wanted to say I could smell pine needles, not pinon nuts. Sorry I kicked a hornet’s nest with that comment. There is no clue there. Incidentally, when I get pine pitch on my hands I rub butter on the spots and that solves the problem. Of course then I have trouble getting the butter off. f"

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20150206...2/03/huffpost/

With regard to pine, pine pitch, or pine needles, they are found in abundance in the immediate vicinity of 9 Mile Hole.

As for sage, I think you meant to say sagebrush. Sage is an herb of the mint family, often used in cuisine. Sagebrush, the high desert shrub, is from an entirely different family.

Sagebrush abounds a little less than 2 miles from the suspected chest location near 9 Mile Hole. Individual sagebrush plants may be found closer than that, but not in large quantities.

Do I think Forrest would place the chest on the other side of a river? Yes. It's been discussed at length in this thread. I'll simply add that numerous searchers safely crossed this very section of river last summer. The searchers who did so varied greatly in age, physical ability, and outdoor experience. If you're prepared for a 2-mile hike, the location can also be reached without fording the river.
                  Vertigo
                  Last edited by Vertigo; 01-09-2022, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• You must be referring to this quote:

"If I was standing where the treasure chest is, I'd see trees, I'd see mountains, I'd see animals, I'd smell wonderful smells of pine needles or pinyon nuts, or whatever, sagebrush. That's what I . . . Those are the impulses that would come to mind."

Yes that is the quote I was thinking of. There was either another comment Forrest made about juniper or my mind inserted it into that one.

Yes, I meant to say sagebrush. Being that sagebrush is 2 miles away I'm thinking you don't smell it. Unless there is a shrub right next to the treasure chest location.

Thanks for the response.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanNun View Post

Forrest said, many searchers correctly deciphered the first two clues. Then goes on to say he doesn’t think they knew it because they walked right past the other 7.

How does this fit into your solve? If WWWH and Madison Canyon are your first two clues…at what point would you be walking past the other 7? If you put in below the hoB? If this is your answer then Forrest must’ve been mistaken because that would tell us they correctly deciphered the 3rd clue right? But he doesn’t say that…he says first two clues.

This statement by Forrest invalidates this solve. If you believe driving was a part of the solve, then a reasonable person would have to believe a clue must be given on when you stop, correct? Or else how would you know when to actually stop? If you believe put in below hoB means to stop at 9mh, then you’re saying that’s the third/fourth clue. But Forrest says they walked past after the first two. See where I’m trying to go with this? Forrest also said in the second stanza that there were 3-4 clues. So before you Put in below hoB you should be walking according to Forrest’s statement…thus proving my point that no driving is involved in solving the poem and hence WWWH could not be Madison Junction in the correct solve. Thoughts?
                      An excellent collection of Forrest's quotes on this issue is located here:

https://mysteriouswritings.com/forre...chest-remarks/

Let me begin with instances when Forrest said searchers "went right past the treasure," "went right by the treasure," or "go right past the treasure." I'll include in the same batch, the instance when he said, "folks correctly mentioned the first two clues to me" and then "went right past the other seven." These instances, which form the majority, do not say anything about walking. If someone told Forrest they started at Madison Junction (because of clue #1) and drove down Madison Canyon (because of clue #2) to Hebgen Lake, that's one scenario that would have fit these statements.

Now, let's consider the instances when Forrest said searchers "walked right past the treasure," "walked right on past the treasure," "walked right past the chest," "walked right on by," or "walked within about 200 feet." These instances specifically mention walking. If someone told Forrest they started at Madison Junction (because of clue #1), drove down Madison Canyon (because of clue #2), and then explored various areas on foot, including the Water Hole, 9 Mile Hole, and the Barns Holes, that's one scenario that would have fit these statements.

For Forrest to know that someone solved a clue, it had to be communicated explicitly. Mentioning a correct location in passing is insufficient, because it does not demonstrate understanding. If someone told Forrest they crossed the Madison River at 9 Mile Hole, that is insufficient. For all he knows, that person could have crossed there by chance. To demonstrate understanding, the person would have to tell Forrest they crossed the Madison river below 9 Mile Hole (specifically because they figured 9MH is the home of Brown).

I disagree that a specific clue is needed to tell someone when to stop driving and get out of their car. In my interpretation, "put in" means to wade or walk into the river. If you tell someone to drive down a canyon, and your next instruction is for that person to wade or walk into the river at a specific place, then it's implied that you need to get out of your car before performing the latter.

Those are my thoughts. Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vertigo View Post

An excellent collection of Forrest's quotes on this issue is located here:

https://mysteriouswritings.com/forre...chest-remarks/

Let me begin with instances when Forrest said searchers "went right past the treasure," "went right by the treasure," or "go right past the treasure." I'll include in the same batch, the instance when he said, "folks correctly mentioned the first two clues to me" and then "went right past the other seven." These instances, which form the majority, do not say anything about walking. If someone told Forrest they started at Madison Junction (because of clue #1) and drove down Madison Canyon (because of clue #2) to Hebgen Lake, that's one scenario that would have fit these statements.

Now, let's consider the instances when Forrest said searchers "walked right past the treasure," "walked right on past the treasure," "walked right past the chest," "walked right on by," or "walked within about 200 feet." These instances specifically mention walking. If someone told Forrest they started at Madison Junction (because of clue #1), drove down Madison Canyon (because of clue #2), and then explored various areas on foot, including the Water Hole, 9 Mile Hole, and the Barns Holes, that's one scenario that would have fit these statements.

For Forrest to know that someone solved a clue, it had to be communicated explicitly. Mentioning a correct location in passing is insufficient, because it does not demonstrate understanding. If someone told Forrest they crossed the Madison River at 9 Mile Hole, that is insufficient. For all he knows, that person could have crossed there by chance. To demonstrate understanding, the person would have to tell Forrest they crossed the Madison river below 9 Mile Hole (specifically because they figured 9MH is the home of Brown).

I disagree that a specific clue is needed to tell someone when to stop driving and get out of their car. In my interpretation, "put in" means to wade or walk into the river. If you tell someone to drive down a canyon, and your next instruction is for that person to wade or walk into the river at a specific place, then it's implied that you need to get out of your car before performing the latter.

Those are my thoughts. Cheers.
                        8:30 minute mark. “They walked right on past the treasure chest.” So I’ll ignore your first paragraph. Again, it’s reasonable to believe you have to be given a clue to stop if your driving wouldn’t you agree? Especially if they are considered to be contiguous. If you aren’t told when or where to stop then you’d continue driving endlessly.

You can’t simply skip a step to make it work. Furthermore, Forrest mentions there being 3 to 4 clues in the second stanza. So by canyon down you need to be walking if you are to interpret wwwh and canyon down as clue 1 and 2. This is the unintended riddle Jack spoke of. Your interpretation of “put in” is off. We know you can’t walk from MJ to 9mh because he said himself he made the trip two times in an afternoon and that’s pretty long. And also…if he made two trips to hide the treasure, why would he go back all the way to MJ to start over if he didn’t have to? He said he did the two trips from his car and he followed the clues in order. To me that means there was no driving involved other than to start the chase.

Forrest said they correctly deciphered the first two clues and he doesn’t think they knew it because they walked right on past it. Considering all of the people who had MJ as their wwwh and Madison Canyon as their canyon down, how do they not know they correctly deciphered it? Seems to me…if that was correct, then those searchers would know they correctly deciphered it. It just doesn’t add up to how Forrest explains it. The people that correctly deciphered those two clues had no idea and that’s why it can’t be Mj or Mc.

There’s one way to get to wwwh and that’s through understanding what the big picture is first. Then you can go back and find it. I know it’s hard to understand, and probably harder to accept you’re wrong but trust me. Your solve is not correct. I just know.

DanNun
                        Last edited by DanNun; 01-09-2022, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• On this day, one year ago, I first heard about Forrest Fenn and his treasure. I figured the anniversary was a good excuse to revisit this forum and poke around.

Having done that, it's clear there are very few believers in the 9 Mile Hole solve hanging around this place. It makes sense; believers have no need to be here.

Most supporters of 9MH have moved on, which is great. My only regret is for those who arrived at 9MH by following Jack's movements or via special sources.

The original post in this thread was made with zero knowledge of Jack's whereabouts and no inside sources. I think very few realize or care about that.

Oh well, take care folks!

Comment

• I don’t know if I believe or not. I only respond to what’s bold on the site.

Comment

Working...
                            X