Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything But The Blaze -- Madison (Nine Mile Hole)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by My Chase Quest View Post
    Can someone explain why DG was NOT within 200 feet?
    I believe she was. I think that's who Forrest was referring to when he talked about the 200-500 searchers said, " I'm not gonna tell those people who they are because one of them in particular I know would faint, and SHE would tear up the country side trying to find out where they'd been."

Comment

• Originally posted by alone View Post

I believe she was. I think that's who Forrest was referring to when he talked about the 200-500 searchers said, " I'm not gonna tell those people who they are because one of them in particular I know would faint, and SHE would tear up the country side trying to find out where they'd been."
      The thing is, Forrest said nobody was closer than about 200 feet, My point is, if this solve is correct, DG would've been much closer than 200 ft. That's one of the reasons I think it's wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by My Chase Quest View Post

The thing is, Forrest said nobody was closer than about 200 feet, My point is, if this solve is correct, DG would've been much closer than 200 ft. That's one of the reasons I think it's wrong.
        Interesting question My Chase, the only way we would know for sure if and where at 9mh area is to know where DG searched across the river.

Comment

• My Chase, Forrest asked DG about arrowheads along the creek there at 9mh. Shows he knows the area and knows of either and encampment there at 9mh at one time of native americans, a battle that may have happened there or hunting and gathering there. That may be tied to Home of Brown??

Comment

• This thread is so sad it takes a man like Forrest Fenn and says he lied over and over.
            He lied about only a few being within 200 feet.
            He lied about needing the correct WWWH
            He lied about the person moving with confidence
            He lied about when the chest was found
            He lied about it taking 15 years
            He lied about needing almost every word in the poem
            He lied over and over or this solution is wrong and following a Reddit data base from a timeline that does not fit was folly.
            Just because someone felt their solve was so good they started making plans for a find it does not put the chest in their hands.
            Because we have not seen any searchers, have we, who THINK their solve is right to the point of doing strange things.
            So I am sorry to tell you this solution is wrong and no one was close and no one who thinks Yellowstone is the place is right.
            These are facts, facts backed by the man who wrote TTOTC. Just because people are on Youtube does not make them right or know more.
            In fact the more you hang with the same crowed the more you will bend to fit into the group think.
            I know how much work was put in but you just had the wrong HOB

Comment

• Recent video taken from various vantage points in Madison Canyon. Covers most of the notable spots from Slow Bend to Big Bend.

Thanks Oleg!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vertigo View Post
                Recent video taken from various vantage points in Madison Canyon. Covers most of the notable spots from Slow Bend to Big Bend.

Thanks Oleg!

Nice video, but I didn't see any deciduous trees.

“Ty, it was a windy day when I found it, and that twig probably either snapped off a branch above and fell into the chest or I somehow knocked it in at some point without realizing it. I took those photos at the spot so Forrest could confirm for me it was the real treasure, and if so, to prove to him that I had found it. I wasn’t looking ahead of that. I didn’t notice the twig until after I pressed the button to take the photo, then tossed it aside and didn’t bother to take another photo of the same thing. If I had known the twig would become so famous, I would’ve kept it.” g

I find it hard to accept Gack’s answer for the stick but I haven't been to that area, are there any deciduous trees in that area? If so, maybe the stick was part of the Blaze and the now, missing stick is what makes it unrecognizable.
                Last edited by colokidd; 10-11-2021, 11:07 PM.

Comment

EDIT: Carry on chaps & chapesses....What do I care !!!!!!!!!
                  Last edited by UNtitleD Brave; 11-15-2021, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jan_v60
                    I know this solve is not liked by many searchers. But I would like to know, what (following the believers) finally is the most probable exact GPS coordinate at the hiding spot in this theory.
                    Can somebody give me those estimated coordinates? Decimal or in degrees, minutes, seconds and decimal of seconds?
                    For NMH I found a latitude of 44°38’56,3” N or 44,649°N
                    and a longitude 110°56’50,7”W or -110,9474°

But that is without crossing the river etc….
                    So , please give some good estimations of the hiding spot in this theory.

Vertigo must be able to give me a quite accurate position? Or the video makers? Or anybody else?

I also would like to know (even more) the exact GPS coordinates of the big “Fenn Rock” along the Madison that was pictured in TTOTC. Anybody?
                    Hi jan_v60 everything you've asked about is in this thread, but I will summarize here for convenience.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NineMile.png
Views:	91
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	359586

The coordinates you provided are at the lower extremity of Lower Nine Mile.
                    Middle Nine Mile is the gently curved section of river near the parking area, shown in yellow.
                    Nine Mile Hole is indicated in red. It's a deep channel adjacent to a lava shelf, immediately below (i.e. downstream of) the creek outlet.
                    Fenn Rock is indicated in light blue. It's located precisely at 44.648415, -110.938838

The suspected hiding spot is in one of two areas, depending on the exact interpretation of the last few clues:
                    A - Directly across from the put in location used to cross the river, as described in the original post.
                    B - Left (i.e. east) of the put in location, closer to the creek, as discussed subsequently in the thread.
                    Nobody can give exact coordinates of the hiding spot in these areas because the blaze has not been identified conclusively.

Please note that the river flows from east to west (i.e. right to left) in the image provided.

Comment

Working...
                    X