Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vertigo View Post

Hey, thanks for the insight.

Let's suppose the home of Brown was Nine Mile Hole. Home of brown trout would be an accurate interpretation, but it doesn't identify the specific location.

Forrest's comment, as I interpret it, meant that Jack was the only one to identify the specific location.
    Love the WWWH, love where you end up, but like the other’s, I personally don’t like brown trout for hoB. IMO, if Nine Mile Hole is the spot (and I definitely think it’s one of the favorites at this point), I would bet hoB is a nickname f gave to some inanimate object there. Similar to how he named his hat Mildew or his car Bullet.

Is the boulder his dad is in front of at Nine Mile Hole brown? If so, maybe that is f’s Brown.

Also, if it was someplace on the Madison, I believe the 200/500 ft searcher information can locate it for us. Why would many be 500 ft away and a few 200 ft away. I would bet the 500 ft searcher were on the wrong side of the river and the 200 ft searchers were on the other side of the river, but not in the woods.
    Last edited by minotaur_moreno; 05-01-2021, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Forrest meant Jack was the only one to correctly identify the specific location.
      Then hoB cannot just mean Nine Mile Hole. This has been openly discussed in years past as a potential home of Brown. By itself, it's not a big secret. I think we're just more open-minded to simple solves now.

Comment

Originally posted by minotaur_moreno View Post

Love the WWWH, love where you end up, but like the other’s, I personally don’t like brown trout for hoB. IMO, if Nine Mile Hole is the spot (and I definitely think it’s one of the favorites at this point), I would bet hoB is a nickname f gave to some inanimate object there. Similar to how he named his hat Mildew or his car Bullet.

Is the boulder his dad is in front of at Nine Mile Hole brown? If so, maybe that is f’s Brown.

Also, if it was someplace on the Madison, I believe the 200/500 ft searcher information can locate it for us. Why would many be 500 ft away and a few 200 ft away. I would bet the 500 ft searcher were on the wrong side of the river and the 200 ft searchers were on the other side of the river, but not in the woods.
        I know he gave things nicknames, but I struggle to imagine him naming a boulder Brown in the poem.

I understand people are averse to trout, because of its simplicity and popularity. Personally, I don't think they're good enough reasons to discount it.

I agree about the 200/500 ft searchers. You could drive by on the road and be 500 ft away. The river is 120 ft wide in spots around here, so you don't even have to cross it to be within 200 ft.

Comment

Originally posted by thehomeofBrown.com View Post

Then hoB cannot just mean Nine Mile Hole. This has been openly discussed in years past as a potential home of Brown. By itself, it's not a big secret. I think we're just more open-minded to simple solves now.
          I agree, it's definitely not a secret. My theory is that searchers had 90 percent of the correct answers very early on. When they failed to piece together the final 10 percent, it caused doubt and they talked themselves out of many good ideas.

As for Nine Mile Hole, we've exchanged some thoughts on where specifically one might put in. It's not straightforward; if we're off by just 50 feet, that could make a big difference in our ability to find the blaze. So assuming Nine Mile Hole is the hoB (just for argument's sake), we still haven't identified (down to the last foot) where to put in. And down to the last foot is what we really need. LOL

Comment

I know he gave things nicknames, but I struggle to imagine him naming a boulder Brown in the poem.
            I hear what you’re saying, but I wouldn’t totally discredit the idea of an f nickname for a unique, memorable inanimate object at the site for hoB.

Why An f Nickname for hoB Could Be Correct:

1. It would satisfy the proper noun.
            2. f nicknamed inanimate object items all the time
            3. The solver said he studied everything f said to see how f saw and described the world to find the chest.
            4. It explains why just about everybody hasn’t figured it out.
            Last edited by minotaur_moreno; 05-01-2021, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Hungry Forrest, who never did things in halves, except cook mud baked trout, prolly meant "fish in whole".
              $1000 cash prize - The Hint of Riches - Forrest Fenn's Treasure Hunt

Comment

I was there last year, but didn’t pay close enough attention. Are there any huge boulders on Madison River in Yellowstone that are brown?

Comment

I was there last year, but didn’t pay close enough attention. Are there any huge boulders on Madison River in Yellowstone that are brown?
                  Nothing stood out to me the two times I searched there. I’m not saying there aren’t any I just didn’t see them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post

Nothing stood out to me the two times I searched there. I’m not saying there aren’t any I just didn’t see them.
                    Looking at all the pics that have been posted in the two threads, all the boulders seem gray. If we can find a brown one, maybe we’re onto something.
                    Last edited by minotaur_moreno; 05-01-2021, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Looking at all the pics that have been posted in the two threads, all the boulders seem gray. If we can find a brown one, maybe we’re onto something.
                      I had an interesting thought in the middle of my sleep last night (that’s crazy right).. so think about this for a second.

first section of clues (maybe) all require action.
                      begin it
                      take it
                      not far but too far to walk
                      put in below

the next section of clues (maybe) all describe something
                      no place for the meek
                      end is drawing nigh
                      no paddle up your creek
                      just heavy loads and water high.

last clue
                      the blaze

Comment

Anyone notice that UPSTREAM from those fishing holes is a gigantic valley of lush grass where there are tons of bison, eating, breeding, giving birth, sleeping,---in other words LIVING at?
                        As if it was their HOME? And what color are bison?

And if that place is UPSTREAM then if you put in DOWNSTREAM you would be putting in below the home of bison.

FF revered the bison.
                        Last edited by Cary_Galloway; 05-01-2021, 08:56 PM.

Comment

I agree, it's definitely not a secret. My theory is that searchers had 90 percent of the correct answers very early on. When they failed to piece together the final 10 percent, it caused doubt and they talked themselves out of many good ideas.

As for Nine Mile Hole, we've exchanged some thoughts on where specifically one might put in. It's not straightforward; if we're off by just 50 feet, that could make a big difference in our ability to find the blaze. So assuming Nine Mile Hole is the hoB (just for argument's sake), we still haven't identified (down to the last foot) where to put in. And down to the last foot is what we really need. LOL
                          I believe the Put in below the HOB = the west end of the pullout at nine mile hole where you cross the river. It's just "below" the trout hole. I'm not sure anyone would have told Forrest that, but in this scenario Brown = Brown trout. Forrest capitalizes species names. Brown trout is what this is all about, really. You need to put in below the (upper) Nine Mile Hole where it is a little shallower (PIBTHOB), and cross the river (NPFTM) and turn left where the spring is always drawing (TEIEDN) and there's no paddling up the lillte creek formed by the spring, but there is high water (you are right at the deep "hole") and there are heavy loads (I think downed trees, others say big boulders, I am OK with either) .

So no one ever told Forrest that PIBTHOB meant go to the shallow spot in the river just downstream from 9 mile hole. That's not too hard to believe.
                          Last edited by Must Listengood; 05-01-2021, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post
                            Anyone notice that UPSTREAM from those fishing holes is a gigantic valley of lush grass where there are tons of bison, eating, breeding, giving birth, sleeping,---in other words LIVING at?
                            As if it was their HOME? And what color are bison?

And if that place is UPSTREAM then if you put in DOWNSTREAM you would be putting in below the home of bison.

FF revered the bison.
                            I'm OK with this, but I will say that it seems to lack precision. It doesn't tell me EXACTLY where I need to be or where to cross the river. Brown would be a very loose interpretation of Bison. Brown is a more definite interpretation of Brown trout, especially with the capital B, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Must Listengood View Post

I'm OK with this, but I will say that it seems to lack precision. It doesn't tell me EXACTLY where I need to be or where to cross the river. Brown would be a very loose interpretation of Bison. Brown is a more definite interpretation of Brown trout, especially with the capital B, in my opinion.
                              if you look at the landscape, after the bison fields the river bottlenecks to a small passage of river and highway sandwiched between the wall of the canyon and the dense forest.

Comment

So let me summarize my current refinement of the solve in order to point out something else Jack said:
                                1. PIBTHOB = The shallow water just downstream of the upper 9 mile hole at the pullout, where you can "put in" or cross the river
                                2. NPFTM = Cross the River here
                                3. TEIEDN; = The end point is the spring ever drawing to the left after you cross the river - notice the semicolon here, meaning the next lines are a more detailed description of this (Jack was an English major)
                                4. TBNPUYC = Means the little creek formed by the spring - this is another description of where you are going - that's why there is a semicolon
                                5. JHLAWH = Means there is deep water there and heavy loads (downed trees or boulders)

At this point, we are looking for the Blaze and we have to be "wise". I always thought that meant to be "aligned". But what I wanted to point out is that I don't think we are at the Blaze spot yet. We have to walk straight back from here into the forest. Perhaps aligned with the Fenn Rock?

Jack said that he felt that Forrest might have taken out some steps here to make it harder. He felt there was something missing that should have told him where the blaze was. So you can't just go to this spot and find the blaze.

But given the later clues outside the poem given by Forrest, it would seem that you need to go back about 200 feet from here to find the blaze. That would make you a 200 footer if you went along the bank of the Madison and told Forrest about it. That's who I think Forrest called the 200 footers. Forrest knew the treasure was 200 feet from the bank of the Madison. And he said that distance was "pretty accurate".
                                Last edited by Must Listengood; 05-01-2021, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X