Madison River Map - Local Fishing Holes by Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madison River Map - Local Fishing Holes by Name

Found this beauty back in 2013 and had been updating it as I learned more. Now that the chase is over, no use in keeping it secret anymore. Enjoy!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Madison-River-Fishing-Holes.jpg Views:	0 Size:	186.8 KB ID:	281252
    Note: The new font titles (Fennhaven, Mount Haynes, Water Hole, etc.) is me adding to the original map.

Oooh this is cool. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by minotaur_moreno View Post
      Found this beauty back in 2013 and had been updating it as I learned more. Now that the chase is over, no use in keeping it secret anymore. Enjoy!

Click image for larger version Name:	Madison-River-Fishing-Holes.jpg Views:	0 Size:	186.8 KB ID:	281252
      Note: The new font titles (Fennhaven, Mount Haynes, Water Hole, etc.) is me adding to the original map.
      Very good. After you pick the correct hole, ask yourself these questions:

How big is the hole? Where does it start? Where does it end?

If you "put in" below the hole, how far from the hole is that?

Pick the hole and the "put in" location wisely, and you might walk straight to the blaze.

Comment

Nice! Thank you for posting this!
        Did you ever search along the Madison? If so, how would you say it compares with your Slough Creek solve?

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post
          Nice! Thank you for posting this!
          Did you ever search along the Madison? If so, how would you say it compares with your Slough Creek solve?
          MM, I would be curious as well.

I will share that I searched the Madison area and I also had that map. funny story about cable car, I thought Buffalo Cowboys was a hint for cable car, I guess we can all laugh at ourselves now.

For me RG, Slough is better than Madison but then again Jack found the treasure....I have not checked off the Firehole River.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this MM. It's was a good find.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post

MM, I would be curious as well.

I will share that I searched the Madison area and I also had that map. funny story about cable car, I thought Buffalo Cowboys was a hint for cable car, I guess we can all laugh at ourselves now.

For me RG, Slough is better than Madison but then again Jack found the treasure....I have not checked off the Firehole River.
              That's good to know. Many years ago I took a snowcoach in along the Madison in the middle of winter. Other than that I've never been to either location. Based on pictures I've seen Slough Creek appears to be much more scenic.

Comment

Thanks MM, can't wait to wet a fly in some of those sacred waters once again.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post

Based on pictures I've seen Slough Creek appears to be much more scenic.
                  That's in the eye of the beholder. Not long ago, I read an article in which the author described Slough Creek as "second only to Madison Valley" in terms of beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertigo View Post

That's in the eye of the beholder. Not long ago, I read an article in which the author described Slough Creek as "second only to Madison Valley" in terms of beauty.
                    You could be right. Having never been there I can't really judge. One thing the Madison has going for it is that compared to areas like Slough Creek there are far fewer grizzlies.

Comment

• 3Q) Relating to the previous question, since you continue to explore, is there an item which you would love to find still, but just haven’t yet?
                      There are so many bits of history that I would like to find: a Clovis point between the ribs of a Mammoth, a letter written by my father to my mother before they were married, a special fishing spot on the Madison River that no one alive knows about but me. The list is as endless as the search.

source:
                      https://mysteriouswritings.com/six-q...-of-the-chase/

Comment

So is Greeny Deep in WY or MT? Can you post the coordinates of it if you get a minute? Thx man.

Comment

Originally posted by CardanoBlockchain View Post
                          So is Greeny Deep in WY or MT? Can you post the coordinates of it if you get a minute? Thx man.
                          The map is wrong there. Barns Hole and everything after is in Montana.

Funny you highlighted Greeny Deep. I highlighted that one, as well, because of the River Bathing Is Best chapter in TFTW.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Father.png
Views:	185
Size:	401.6 KB
ID:	281337

Comment

Originally posted by minotaur_moreno View Post

The map is wrong there. Barns Hole and everything after is in Montana.

Funny you highlighted Greeny Deep. I highlighted that one, as well, because of the River Bathing Is Best chapter in TFTW.
                              I've never read that book but I figured the preface was literally talking about the spot...which seems to be Greeny Deep. I'm still not ready to let it go, despite it being in MT then.

Comment

Working...
                              X